Season 4 If vaughn isn't vaughn... who is he?

About the whole prophecy that one sister was suppossed to destroy the other. My friend and I have a theory, that the prophecy did not actually refer to Nadia and Syd, but to Irina and Ylena, especially since that is what happened on the show. Irina killed Ylena. Back in season 1 they thought that the prophecy had to do with Irina anyway. That' show they figured out that she was alive. It was Irina who later said it was Sydney not herself. Anyway, just a thought.

This is the only way I could continue to love the show at the moment...maybe I'm crazy...but I'd really like to think that Mr. Kendall is Vaughn's father...

tldinc said:
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>My name isn't Michael Vaughn..........  it's Ben Affleck!!!!</span>  :woot:
[post="1356347"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

that cracked me up...oh man

im thinking he has something to do with rimbalidi....or someone had said it was really danny...that would really make me mad if it was...*sniff* how come theyre taking my vaughniepoo away? i cant wait a whole summer for this...
i think JJ is pure evil
EVIL I SAY!!!!

zjmac said:
That would help explain why Vaughn always recovers in 30 minutes after being stabbed, poked, prodded, burned, shot and clobbered!  :D
[post="1356331"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

that is so true :lol: they should really mention that sometime- you'd think someone would notice :confused:

"maybe he was a plant within the CIA by SD-6..............by Sloane............making Sydney think she was a double agent when really her every move was still monitored by Sloane............this would go along with it being along time ago and him being bad depending who you ask.........since now that Sloane has turned out to be a good guy who actually wanted to use Rambaldi's ensgame for "peace" then vaughn wouldn't really be a good guy."

that makes so much sense. sloane always knew syd was working against him in sd6 yet did nothing about it. we never knew how he knew, so if vaughn had secretely worked for him, that would make a whole lotta sense. in a bad way!

plus- why would NotVaughn change his name in the first place- is it an alias, or has he changed his original name to escape past crimes etc. why why why??!!!

Maybe Vaughn is Sark's brother and he didn't find out until later in his life when he was working for the CIA but before he met Syd. He was raised by Bill Vaughn and so he always sees him as his father and it's why he cares so much about his death because he considers himself to be a Vaughn.

Likely not though. I vote he's tied in with Rambaldi, either he is, or is a descendant. It just makes sense that he would be able to fulfill the prophecy of the chosen one if he was Rambaldi himself or descendant from him. Even so like someone mentioned it does seem too far-fetched.

Or, you know how the Rambaldi followers that we all know of are evil with the exception of maybe Irina and maybe even Sloane, but at one point they all did very bad things right? Well anyways what if there is a secret Rambaldi group that is good and works to prevent the bad people from using Rambaldi's works to do evil and harm. Because if I remember correctly some of his creations weren't even supposed to do harm, like the flower that made the bees nice or trying to find ways to make people live longer or not die at all, by disease anyway. Well maybe Not-Vaughn is a part of this group and was sent to work in the CIA so that he could make sure that the bad Rambaldi followers would not prevail and maybe the good Rambaldi followers had some sort of insight as to how they should go about finding the chosen one and sent Not-Vaughn to make sure she didn't fall into the hands of evil. More likely than the other two I think, although I haven't decided which I like more. Rambaldi=Vaughn? Vaughn + Sark= Brothers or Rambaldi group+ Vaughn= Syd's protection?

[/QUOTE]

Who did Vaughan work for? Sloan. Sloan knew Jack and Sydney were doubles, but did nothing about it. Vaughan was the one tasked with taking down the Alliance. Sloan needed to get rid of the Alliance. It makes sense for Sloan to have placed Vaughan in CIA to direct/strongly influence the Alliance case, so that he (Sloan) could manage the way it played out. It could even reinforce the subtext that Sloan has always looked out for Syd (in a very weird way, sure, but think how many times he could have killed her but didn't). Vaughan was watching Syd, controlling how she attacked the Alliance to a degree, but also protecting her.

Love this theory too!! I makes so much sense.
Sloane's goal was to get rid of the Alliance. He knew Sydney found out the
truth and would eventually go to the CIA. Vaughns assignment - to get into
the CIA, become Sydneys handler while helping her to take down the Alliance.
So Syd thinks she's getting her revenge but she was actually doing Sloane's
dirty work. After the Alliance was taken down, Vaughn had fallen in love with
Syd. Don't know why he didn't tell her sooner, but I love it!!!

i didnt read all the posts in here, so i dont know what ppl have said so far. but whoever vaughn is, he cant be that bad b/c irina knows and she obviously expects that it wont affect vaughn and syd getting married, b/c she told syd that she (syd) wouldnt see her at her wedding, but that she herself would see syd. so i dont think its something that would really make syd hate vaughn forever. maybe for a few days or so but eventually she would get over it.

i dont think vaughn worked for irina, as someone speculated, b/c theyv had scenes when nobody else has been around and their attitudes toward eachother wouldnt have been the same. i dont know if this makes any sense, but i know what im thinking its just hard to put into words. like last night's scene, vaughn was a little too surprised that irina knew he had secrets, and he actually kinda denied it at first. there is a chance, however, that they worked for the same ppl but maybe didnt know it- didnt know that they worked together or w/e. or maybe irina just had connections with the ppl vaughn worked for. i dont really know. but i dont think irina and vaughn had really strong ties when vaughn was a bad guy or whatever he was.

I know this is probably a really bad theory but could vaughn have been cloned but the helix protocol? and that guy be the clone of michal vaughn? I know really bad isn't it? I WANT ANSWERS CAN'T WAIT UNTIL SEPTEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vaughn working as a double also? Only problem I have with that is that he is not good in the field... but it is interesting to consider that he could have been working with Sloane to bring down the Alliance, only from within the CIA. So his placement as her handler could have been somewhat contrived...

Other ideas: Assuming the AFKA Vaughn's father was indeed CIA, what if they tried to take him into hiding or something (witness protection) but he was killed anyway. I mean, why was he killed? We don't know right? Could he have known something? So lets assume his real name was not "Bill Vaughn", after his death, his wife and child are still in danger, so they enter into witness protection and are given those names, including the name of "Bill Vaughn" as the father they had lost. "Michael Vaughn" was already old enough to know what had happened and then grew up hoping to find out more about his father's death etc. He joins CIA - does some bad boy rouge stuff trying to figure out about his dad's death. He remembers his father's real name... could this have gotten him into trouble? Maybe he got mixed up with the FoR and found some stuff out about Rambaldi... pretty soon the DSR recruits him and wants him to work as a spy within the CIA keeping an eye on this famous "Chosen One" if and when she turns herself in to the CIA. Or another way this would work is if he was working with FoR as a double within the CIA also sent to spy on Sydney Bristow. :confused:

Does it bother anyone else that if all of this is true and he
really isn't Michael Vaughn then he will be called something else??

I mean....he's Vaughn
What are we suppose to call him...like Mark or Bob??
It's just not right!!!

It is just awful. That is why I was voting for something like he was Michael Vaughn's twin brother ... or something like that... assuming there was a Michael Vaughn at all... Anyway, the story will most likely work out. S/V will just have angst. But the name change thing... doesn't work for me at all. I mean it is like asking us to call Jack something else or Sydney. Ummm no thank you?

I like that idea of working with Kendall for the DSR.
Maybe they knew she would be threatened and he was either
protecting her or just keeping an eye on her. That wouldn't be so bad.

I just don't know about the name change. That kind of puts a bad spin
on it. People usually don't change their names unless its shady.
I hope it's in a good way!

jadeygirl said:
Does it bother anyone else that if all of this is true and he
really isn't Michael Vaughn then he will be called something else??

I mean....he's Vaughn
What are we suppose to call him...like Mark or Bob??
It's just not right!!!
[post="1357136"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

yes it bothers ne a LOT!

AceManipulator said:
Vaughn was working for Kendall and the DSR to watch over Sydney. This makes far more sense than him working for SD-6 or Sloane personally.
[post="1357149"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

but don't you see - the DSR wanted peace just as we have learnt Sloane wanted peace - so SD-6 and the sloanester suddenly don't seem so evil ;) this if vaughn was working with either front to protect the chosen one and send a message of peace through rambaldi then he is still a good guy whichever side he comes from :smiley: he just erm forgot to tell syd ^_^

call him bob? f*ck no
if he isnt vaughn..

my s/n will be ruined lol

jack knows, im pretty sure jack knows. wonder why he never said anything....
dun dun dun
this is driving me NUTS I CANT WAIT TILL SEPTEMBER

and could someone tell me what DSR means? :lost:

I so agree..it's gonna be so werid not calling him Vaughn..that's such a good spy name. :(

Yeah..sorry i havent read this whole thread, but i was wondering...

Who is Bill Vaughn..Vaughn had to have been close to this guy considering all that happened this season?

WHo is vaughn working for? it doesn't really make a lot of sense to me..if some1 planned htat he would meet Syd and be her handler for all that time, then doesn't he have to be working for some1 up high in the CIA? Did Jack know about this, and that's why he's always been cold to Vaughn? Are they in it together?? WERE they in it together?

Bill Vaughn is Vaughns father (or Not-Vaughn as some people
are calling him)

What sucks is that I usually watch the DVDs from previous seasons
during the summer to get me through until the season premiere.
But now I don't think I'll be able to watch them the same because
I'll have it in my head that Vaughns' not really Vaughn.
Know what I mean???

Yeah, I was gonnad o the same thing.
I'm gonna hold annual alias week.
watch s1, s2, s3 dvds.

Does anyone know when s4 dvd's come out???

Its gonna be so weird....
Vaughn isnt Vaughn..
I mean I just wanna know if the Vaughn part will be there or its a total different name like Spongebob the giant?
lol just something different and something that doesnt fit his face ya know?

and psst..
Whats DSR?

Back