Season 4 If vaughn isn't vaughn... who is he?

ye i know Bill Vaughn is Vaughn's father..but if Vaughn isn't vaughn..then who is bill vaughn to (not) Vaughn? Because he can't be his father if he isn't really michael vaughn? you know what im saying? lol

I think this was Alias grasping at straws trying to top previous cliffhangers. I have watched all episodes, some several times, and what they came out with last night, just doesn't jive with the show. That means that Weiss, Alice, Lauren, Jack, Marshall, Sloane, Nadia, Dixon, are either all in on it, or had no clue. Weiss and Vaughn were supposedly friends from way back...how would he have fooled everyone. I think that if they try to make Vaughn a bad guy, it will ruin the 4 years of momentum built up for people rooting for them. Let's face it, most people want those two to be together. All that he did for her, being her Ally, even through his marriage, you could still tell he loved her..and now, NOW they are making him a bad guy? I feel so betrayed by the writers if that is what they are doing!!! The next several months are going to suck until we get some ANSWERS!!!! Ok, nuff rantin' lata gater.

Crinx

I don't think it's possible that he was working for Sloane. Sloane's endgame was not peace until after Nadia left him. Until then, he was still evil. And if Vaughn had been a double working for Sloane, there is no way Sydney would get over that betrayal. And both Vaughn and Irina seem to think that Sydney will get over it whatever it is.

I could possibly see the Danny thing, the witness protection thing, him actually being Bill Vaughn or being Rembaldi, or being DSR. The only thing I can't see and what would not fit with any of the previous seasons, is if he worked for Sloane.

But whatever it is, I'm going to be dying until January!

Its September this year :smiley:

And the bill thing too, that would be creepy if he was bill vaughn. What about all that research on his dad? that would have been a total waste and a trap for all of us. One big lie. But Elena wouldn't have done that if she knew vaughn was bill, vaughn wouldnt have gone on that big hunt for his dad, so i really dont think that vaughn is bill. its just sorta weird if it was ya know?

I'm just ticked off that he waited until right before getting eloped to tell her this rather important information!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

AceManipulator said:
Vaughn was working for Kendall and the DSR to watch over Sydney. This makes far more sense than him working for SD-6 or Sloane personally.
[post="1357149"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I think this makes sense too... he has always been so protective of her... even if it started out that he was spying on "the chosen one"... needing to watch over her seems to fit the history and his character more than the other options.. ;)

And just because MV isn't his real name... doesn't mean that everything has been a lie. Let's hope for the best! The whole story about his dad could still be true. Maybe his father was in danger and the family was put into the witness protection program... either before or after Bill's death. There are many ways that this possibility could work. If the entire family was given Alias names... just imagine that... Remember when Irina said, "You look just like him..." Did she ever actually say the name "Bill Vaughn?" I dunno, maybe his dad was working in deep cover... and somehow his family went with him... and they were all given new names... Who knows, maybe his mother was an agent too. How's that for spin? The world knows them as the Vaughn family, but what if that was not who they all were to begin with? The name thing doesn't have to be something terrible... you know what I mean? :angelic:

demi said:
What a complete shocker :angry:  Only thing i can think of is he worked some how with Irina.  But, can poor syd have someone who can just tell her the truth!
[post="1355793"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
oh i know i remeber in one episode awhile back vaughn said she could always count him as an allie and she said he was the one she trusted for the most part and then he's like "guess what i'm not even named michael vaughn" i really liked his name too. they should have left the name alone honestly. ahhh i'm freaking out

I'm thinking that even the writers don't know who Vaughn is right now, especially because of Jennifer Garner's pregnancy and all the scheduling conflicts they're sure to have next season. I've come up with a bunch of possibilities though. I agree with many of the other posts that turning Vaughn completely evil would be fairly incoceivable and a huge jump in logic. It would feel very forced. I'm thinking more along the lines that he was working for someone else who needed access to Sydney, but not the KGB, or the covenant, or SD-6. Maybe he followed in his "dad's" footsteps and got into the Rambaldi protection thing. Maybe his assignment was to get into Sydney's life and protect her as the chosen one or whatever. Or maybe he was just from another part of the CIA, tasked to become her handler, but undercover. I really just think, especially because he was telling her this big secret with a huge smile on his face, like it was going to be more funny than shocking and appalling, that his secret will be a big deal, but not from a double-crossing standpoint. I doubt he ever had evil intentions-we've done that already and beat it to death with a stick.

This is probably been addressed in many other threads, and its always a fear people have at the end of every season finale, but what exsactly are the contract details for season 5? Anyone have some concrete information? - and that doesn't include Chats with Kristen (she said Will and Sark would both be in the final! and how wrong was she!)
I am basically trying to confirm what Michael Vartan's contract is. That way we can at least be sure he isn't going to be killed off through that car crash. I don't expect J.J to do it, but honestly, who knows what that guy is going to do!

Killing off Michael Vaughn is a big no-no. If they were going to kill him off then they should have kept that whole "My name isn't Michael Vaughn." out and just gone for the big car crash that way if he was killed off at least we'd have the memory of his hotness in tact. That whole Vaughn isn't Vaughn is a passageway into what I believe will most likely be the key story of this next season. I mean every season has had a key story line tied into the season finale and in the case of season one the pilot. For example: Season 1 pilot we find out that SD-6 isn't CIA and the whole season is mostly focused on bringing them down, season 1 finale is about spy mommy being back and season two focused mostly on whether spymommy was good or not, season 2 finale we find that Syd has been missing two years and her boyfriend is not married and season three was focused mostly on those two lost years and the whole love triangle... anyway you get the point. So I imagine tha whatever Vaughn's true identity may be, it will be a key storyline for next season so they can't kill him off.

ok i was actually expecting there to be a thread titled 'WTF', since that's what I've been thinking since I saw the finale :blink:

I swear I felt like I was having a heart attack or something at the end!!!

it was all nice and weirdly happy (even though I was like 'Syd left Nadia and Dixon when they're all dying?!' and wondering about her hair) and then BAM the happiness dies and Syd looks like she's about ready to go into shock and BAM the car :(

I thought the Alias Writers People were supposed to make this episode ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS in case it was the last ep?! Not kill all the viewers from the shock and then suspense of it all!!!

But yes, I am also dying at the idea of calling Vaughn something else!!! So NOT ALLOWED...my brain is tuned into the fact that his name is Michael Vaughn *sighs* so not fair...

Poor Eric...he's probably all at Nadia's bedside and his Best Friend is like somewhat evil...okay maybe not EVIL, but somewhat not good :thinking:

Of the theories (though i reserve the right to do the whole denile bit), I like the SD-6 possibilities where he worked for SD-6 and was a spy or one of the SD cells though i'm still not sure I like that...

*sighs* my poor brain and heart still hurt from the ep...they could have SO stopped it before the whole Santa Barbra bit and I would have been SOOOOO happy...

I just thought of something ... what if there is no REAL Bill Vaughn, so Michael Vaughn would not exists either ... that all this story that Irina killed Bill and Bill saving Nadia to Elena ... has all been a big cover-up from day one ... :o_O:

that would definitely kill me all the way :thud:

all the questions can never be answered. the best thing about alias is that it's never over.

sure, a ton of old questions are answered. and elena is probably dead. but of course, it's not over yet. i imagine in the last eppy ever (*sniff*) there will still be some mystery left. that's the way alias is, and that's why i love it. it's so good.

how could it NOT be a cliffhanger? that's what an alias season finale means!

Osiris said:
i also heard that maybe Vaughn is Danny, cloned to look like whoever the real Vaughn is.
[post="1356378"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

A little far-fetched, don't you think? Plus, what would be the purpose of that???

Yeah, that is pretty farfetched.
Everyone is kinda thinking of every possible person that vaughn could be and what he works for lol. its kinda crazy round here.

These are my latest theories and believe me I have had many.
I have pretty much ruled out a dream, clone/double and a brother.
Without making Vaughn into a total bad guy this is what I'm thinking.

1) Vaughn's agenda all along has been Irina.
There have been so many references it it in the past seasons.
His investigation in "A Dark Turn", his search for his father this
season and all the talk about Irina killing his father. She even
admitted it in S2 and it has been almost like his obsession. It
probably goes way back to before he met Sydney which is probably
one of the reasons the joined the CIA.

Maybe he found out Sydney was Irina's daughter and asked to be
assigned as her handler thinking maybe she would lead him to Irina.

The only thing of can think of for the name change is that possibly
"Vaughn" is an alias that Bill Vaughn used when he took Nadia so that
Irina couldn't track him down and also changed this son's name because
he was probably pretty young at the time.
Makes sense to me but even this sounds to simple for Alias!!

2) Another option is that Vaughn works with Kendall for the DSR or another
branch of the CIA. Maybe he was aware of Sydney's part in the prophecy
and like his father protecting Nadia, Vaughn was assigned to protect and
watch out for Sydney. He became a Rambaldi follower like his father.
Still haven't figured out the name change on this one but I definitely think
that it has something to do with his father and Irina.

I like your ideas Jadey, they all seem quite pratical.

But, if his name isnt' Michael Vaughn, then what is it?

The options are endless, I guess.....

Back