If you could live in any house/castle/space station from a film, where would it be?

Groke

Cadet
I always quite fancied the Resident Evil mansion (assuming of course that the mansion in the film is actually the same one as in the game, secret lab et al!), minus the zombies of course, and maybe get a builder to disable or take out the falling roof room (Don't take the shotgun off the wall though, just in case).

Re: If you could live in any house/castle/space station from a film, where would it b

Q: If you could live in any house/castle/space station from a film, where would it be?
A: First choice would probably be the hillside castle/insane asylum from House On Haunted Hill; second choice would be the Antarctic station from The Thing and third choice would be the church featured in Prince Of Darkness........

Re: If you could live in any house/castle/space station from a film, where would it b

second choice would be the Antarctic station from The Thing.

There's not much left of poor old 'Outpost 13' these days! Not since Mac got happy with the dynamite sticks!

As long as I could take my laptop with internet connection (gotta' work), I'd go with the Hobbit homes in Shire. The older I get, a simpler life I prefer.

There's not much left of poor old 'Outpost 13' these days! Not since Mac got happy with the dynamite sticks!

D'oh! I kinda forgot about that one..............:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I don't know whether this one would count, but wouldn't it be interesting to spend some time aboard Discovery in 2001, A Space Odyssey around the time when HAL went crazy? :eek:

There was a planet in the original series of Star Trek where anything you could think of just appeared for you. That would be a cool place to live...you could ahve a different house/castle/mansion every day of the week.
Anyone remember more details about it?

Or how about the secret bases that villains live in from James Bond - Scaramangas island?

There was a planet in the original series of Star Trek where anything you could think of just appeared for you. That would be a cool place to live...you could ahve a different house/castle/mansion every day of the week.
Anyone remember more details about it?
Sounds like The Menagerie where anything that a person imagined would be made real to them. Captain Christopher Pike, the Enterprise captain before Kirk, was badly burned and wanted to return to the planet Talos IV since there he would be able to live a life beyond his confinement in a wheelchair. Most of the shots from those episodes (the Menagerie was a rare ST two part episode) were actually from the ST pilot, The Cage.

Or how about the secret bases that villains live in from James Bond - Scaramangas island?
I'll take the space station from Moonraker. :D

Does STTNG's Enterprise count? I could totally deal with having a replicator for food and a holodeck. (y)

Does STTNG's Enterprise count? I could totally deal with having a replicator for food and a holodeck. (y)

Did the Enterprise have a replicator? My knowledge of Trek is limited, but I thought that was something only Voyager had to get over having to stop for food every episode.

Did the Enterprise have a replicator? My knowledge of Trek is limited, but I thought that was something only Voyager had to get over having to stop for food every episode.
The original Enterprise did not. The replicator was introduced as of the "Star Trek: The Next Generation" TV series along with the Holodeck.

Well it just happens that after I posted, Netflix started streaming all Star Trek, including ALL of TNG!!!!! :D:D:D:D

So, I will watch, investigate, study and return with my knowledge (y)

The original Enterprise did not. The replicator was introduced as of the "Star Trek: The Next Generation" TV series along with the Holodeck.

Thank you. I was speaking of TNG but didn't realize I was misunderstood. I'm still going to be on a Star Trek The Next Generation-a-thon the next few weeks, I can't wait to have the time!!!

The elven kingdom from LOTR--Lothlorien.

Back