Movies If You Could Make Any Movie and It Succeeds?

Tom

An Old Friend
What movie would you make if you knew it would succeed and be top of the ratings?

Me-
I would love to do War of the Chtorr
Even tho I hate David Gerrold as a person I like the series he wrote.
I just wish he would finish it!

or

I would do a series of movies based on the Q from Star Trek
Omnipitent Abilities Intrigue me

or

I would do a movie based on my imagination
That would be one hell of a ride!

I'd love to redo When Worlds Collide. considering the recent spate of disaster flicks I'm surprised no one has.

I had a vivid dream some time back about two Godzilla-like monsters fighting off shore the PacNW which somehow involved weather. I have a storyline somewhere (Storm Monsters or something). I think that could be pretty good. Kaiju movies are very popular in Japan and some other places.

one of my co-workers was a big STNG fan and loved Q. She said they should do a movie based on the novel 'Q in Law'. DeLancie was perfect in that role.

How about.... Q is what sends the monsters to fight on Earth and the monsters, huge things the size of Godzilla and the creature from Cloverfield, are full of various radiation elements that are causing massive electrical signals to be sent out on different wavelengths causing havoc to the weather? Starfleet, based out of San Francisco, is finding themselves unable to do anything, like what happened in Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, so they must rely upon the Earth Defense Force from Japan, who has decades of knowledge & experience fighting Godzilla, to take care of the monsters while Starfleet special operative agents take on Q using knowledge gained from Q's interaction with the crew of the Enterprise.

Heck, I'd watch that. :D

The colonization of Jupiter and its moons has always been something I'd like to see done well. Very diverse set of environments, interesting sorts of habitats you'd need to create to live floating in a gas giant, beautiful backdrops, and I always like sci fi that is a bit further out in the future, which that probably would have to be.

the secret to a good Kaiju movie (imho) is to have a good backstory / wraparound story and not just show monsters fighting. 'Monster Zero', for instance, has space flight and aliens and plots, as opposed to 'G vs Megalon' which is pretty much four monsters tag-teaming in front of paper-machie mountains.

the secret to a good Kaiju movie (imho) is to have a good backstory
For my Q story treatment, the reason why Q sent the creatures to Earth to fight will be shown as a result of Q, having visited Earth many times over the years, had fond memories of watching B&W Japanese monster movies in the 1960's while he took on the appearance of a young human male. Now, many years & regretful decisions later, Q wants to recapture those memories but, being who he is, decides that real-life fighting monsters would be much more entertaining than watching them on a screen.

(And, yes, I'd still watch that. :D)

Back