If you could, which sci-fi series would you like to come back again?

definitely Kolchak, though he may be more in the fantasy/horror category.

for hard core scifi I'd say a resumption of the original 1960s Outer Limits (not the awful syndicated show from the late 90s).

Some nice suggestions so far!

Some others I wouldn't mind seeing resparked are...

- Blake's 7
- Space: 1999
- Flash Forward
- Eureka (still airing but it has been cancelled after next season :()
- The Wild Wild West (more steam punk than sci-fi but I loved watching it as a kid)
- The Greatest American Hero
- Battlestar Galactica (the original version, not the re-imagined series)
- The Avengers
- Sliders

I also have a hard time narrowing it down to one, so I will try to come up with the top three for me.
1. Nightstalker (Kolchak)
2. Twilight Zone
3. Six Million Dollar Man

Oh, and with the rate of inflation, The Six Million Dollar Man would be The Six Billion Dollar Man!
Definitely! With some of the current prosthesis being experimented with, especially by organizations like the US military, that are sometimes chock full of electronics it could be easy to come up with a few million dollar man.

Perhaps if a remake was to be made they would take a cue from the spin-off and call it The Bionic Man instead.

Speaking of Lee Majors.... as a kid, The Fall Guy was a fun TV show as well! :P

I hope I'm doing this right its my first time posting & I'm really sleepy.
American Gothic from the 90s but I think I'm the only one who watched it and lets not forget quantum leap, if you remade that now with current technology would really work

I hope I'm doing this right its my first time posting & I'm really sleepy.
Welcome to Cool Sci-Fi! :cool: And don't worry about posting while sleepy... I do it all the time. The only bad part is those times when you see a post from yourself that you don't remember writing. :P

American Gothic from the 90s but I think I'm the only one who watched it and lets not forget quantum leap, if you remade that now with current technology would really work
I think American Gothic was one of those 'before its time' shows. With today's viewers used to wide range of horror & supernatural shows I think it would actually fare better today then when it originally aired. It also would've done better if it wasn't on CBS. With the large number of cable stations today good shows with a small audience have a better chance of surviving versus a show on one of the over-the-air broadcasters (ABC/NBC/CBS/FOX).

Quantum Leap would make for an interesting made-for-TV movie if for nothing else than to wrap up the loose ends that the series finale presented us. Poor Sam is still out there bouncing around with no end in sight.

I agree firefly is a great series (Summer Glau hot) but just has it gets going it ends, (canceled by fox the same people who have canceled family guy twice, Drive, tru calling, brimstone and so many more they're real geniuses) Stargate sg1 is better than firefly only because it ran longer they actually managed to complete a Story or two.
But after my rant I must say I prefer Babylon 5 (season 2,3,4) good cast, good special effects ( especially for the time) and good storylines each episode has 2 main story parts one stand alone and one to do with the ark which is behind all the seasons (all 5, but the first 4 mainly)

To Kevin: The Fall Guy was another great tv series, and I kind of forgot about it until you mentioned it. The girl that was in that show, Heather Thomas, was certainly a hottie back in the day!

I've never seen Firefly. My wife watched it when it was on for the brief period of time. She said it was very good. It is a shame that some shows don't get much of a chance to shine and then others get more time than should be allowed. For example, Lost is a show that ran it's course quickly mainly because it seemed like the writers were making things up as it went along. That method doesn't work in a serialized show like Lost. It should have had more of a logical outline. It was kind of confusing to begin with and only got worse as the show progressed. Glad it is gone. Hope it never comes back.

Definitely! With some of the current prosthesis being experimented with, especially by organizations like the US military, that are sometimes chock full of electronics it could be easy to come up with a few million dollar man.

Perhaps if a remake was to be made they would take a cue from the spin-off and call it The Bionic Man instead.

Speaking of Lee Majors.... as a kid, The Fall Guy was a fun TV show as well! :P

Hysterical.

Without question Firefly is my choice! I am still kind of irritated about it being cancelled and it has been years at this point.

I think a regular TV series for Dune would also be very successfull. I have every version they ever made and in my opinion they still haven't quite hit the nail on the head.

I also have a hard time narrowing it down to one, so I will try to come up with the top three for me.
1. Nightstalker (Kolchak)
2. Twilight Zone
3. Six Million Dollar Man

Yes, the Twilight Zone. But it would have to be an exceptional remake as the first was so good.
@inkdipped

I'd like to see Guillermo Del Toro and Rob Marshall create a movie trilogy out of The Pirates of Dark Water.

I'd also like to see Cartoon Network's ThunderCats reboot team create a new SilverHawks TV show.

Another franchise that needs to be revived is Buck Rogers which was epic with Gil Gerard in Buck Rogers in the 25th Century with Glen A Larson. I thought that SyFy Channel had a Buck Rogers reboot in the works but that has gone silent.

Back