If You Didn’t Make This Choice In The Walking Dead, Clementine Would Make It For You

Sheldon

Dreamsmasher
MAJOR SPOILERS
Many choices are timed in The Walking Dead, and you can always tell. Except for this one decision, and it happens to be the most gut-wrenching choice you have to make near the story's conclusion. [Major Spoilers Follow!]

That's when you send Clementine off and you have to decide whether or not she kills you.

According to an interview with Giant Bomb, Telltale says that if you take too long to decide, Clemetine will decide for you using what you've taught her along the way.
This is a timed choice, and if you let the timer run out and Lee says nothing, Clementine does decide for herself. If you aren't there for Clementine when she asks you what you should do, she does actually look back at everything that's happened and she'll decide if she wants to do it or not. You can force it on Clementine, but you're a big ass if you do that. I don't think I've seen a playthrough where someone does it. The idea makes me personally feel really horrible, but it's there, if you really wanna poke at Clementine. I don't know how many people actually did it, and even our QA guys were pretty surprised that it happened.

Beyond the coolness of there being a timed decision that might be out of your hands if you wait too long, oh man! I can't get over the fact that I did make her kill me and I may, in fact, be an ass. Is it really so rare to force Clementine to kill you? What did you guys choose?

Attachments

• original.jpg
    original.jpg
    726.8 KB · Views: 166
I haven't gotten to Episode 5 myself, but I personally was gonna have her shoot me. I didn't think it was rare either and I sure am surprised. Didn't think it would make me an ass, cause she may have to make a decision like that if a group member of hers is bitten, yes she's a child. But she's a child alone and she won't and can't stay that way forever, though I am curious now to let her decide and see what I have taught her will affect her choice. ;)

I presumed that would be the choice one way or another as they did need some form of cliffhanger for when the next game comes out (that is the continuation) so I thought there would be some conclusion like this. Nonetheless I was going to let her shoot me no matter what.

Back