If you like Forbidden Planet you'll love OTSOG

Hello Everyone;

Just joined today and I want to share for FREE my micro-budget, retro sci-fi feature film On The Shoulders Of Giants. The film is a subtle homage to Forbidden Planet in particular but created with a knowing nod to all those classic 1950s sci-fi films. It will be great to hear your reaction to OTSOG. Thanks, Kenneth (writer, producer and director)

Attachments

• On The Shoulders of Giants 72dpi.jpg
    On The Shoulders of Giants 72dpi.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 264
Ken, welcome! (y)

You may have missed posting a link to OTSOG. ;) Anything that pays homage to that era of films catches my attention so the posted pick you attached has me curious about tie film.

Hi Kevin,

Great to hear from you. Where is a better place to post for my film? I'm new to this and don't want to blunder on blindly.

Picture is Sarah Wood playing Commander Jane Altaire - my leading lady.

Cheers,
Kenneth

Attachments

• The Leading lady  Sarah Wood as Commander Jane Altaire.jpg
    The Leading lady Sarah Wood as Commander Jane Altaire.jpg
    536.5 KB · Views: 72
Hello Mirelly,

Thanks for making contact and your kind comment ref the pictures

The movie is already on youtube - YouTube But making contact on a sci-fi forum is 'purer' I can actually engage with people into the genre. Youtube is mainly a delivery platform. Cheers K.

Attachments

• Dr Levenson (Carl Isherwood) and Commander Altaire (Sarah Wood) .jpg
    Dr Levenson (Carl Isherwood) and Commander Altaire (Sarah Wood) .jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 76
Wow, Ken! That's a remarkable piece of work. I have to compliment you on the high standards of excellence (for a micro-budget movie), and I'd like to make special mention of the superb sets and props, the models, the FX, the editing, and the lighting.

I especially enjoyed the CARN console's retro styling (was that your granny's transistor radio? :P )

Sarah Wood's performance was great, although I did think the captain's delivery lacked that certain something I expect from a commanding officer.

My only criticism was with the sound. My PC has a fairly decent sound system, but I found the bass of the ambience track was a little too intrusive.

All told I rate the movie highly. It sure knocks expensive felgercarb like the 2012 straight to TV reboot of The Philadelphia Experiment, which was so bad I almost lost the will to live.

Thank you Mirelly so much for taking the time to write a considered critique and set of comments. Your message has made my day.

Yes, I realised (afterwards) on this online version for youtube that the sound was less than perfect. On the full pay per view version, DVD and blu-ray, the sound is correctly mixed and balanced. I pulled this version off the edit system (Avid MC5) but did not notice the imbalances when I landed on random parts to test. I'd already posted by then and didn't want to confuse people. However I am glad you could enjoy the film beyond those technical snaffus.

May I quote your review on the film's facebook page Log into Facebook please? I need to build an audience and just get people seeing the work.

Sarah will be extremely happy with your comments.

All the best,
Kenneth

Attachments

• Shooting Scene 27 Sarah Wood as Commander Jane Altaire. Director K D Barker looks on.jpg
    Shooting Scene 27 Sarah Wood as Commander Jane Altaire. Director K D Barker looks on.jpg
    387.7 KB · Views: 178