TV If you lived in a TV show, which one?

screenersam

This is news, Vincenzo, NEWS!
If you had the choice of living in a tv show (for vacation, or maybe indefinitely) which would you like? Or not like?

I kind of like Mayberry on Andy Griffith; slow pace, home cookin', easy people. But I think the lack of technology would drive me crazy. plus no music after 1965?

I love Buffy, but I doubt if I'd last long in Sunnydale with all the vamps, HSTs, etc. I have no particular fighting skills.

I'm thinking Twin Peaks. PacNW weather (cool and moist but no extreme heat), interesting people, quirky goings-on.

Maybe Johnny Quest but don't know if I could keep up with that bunch!

In Search Of - Hanging out with Leonard Nimoy

TBBT (The Big Bang Theory) - Hanging out with Kaley Cuco!

Home Improvement - Cause Tim Allen just seems fun

Star Trek TNG - Cause everyone needs a utopian dream

The Walking Dead - Vacation to a zombie apocalypse, well-armed of course!

Cosmos - Bumping heads with the likes of Carl Sagan & Neil DeGrasse Tyson

The Roadrunner - Messin with the Coyote

Speedy Gonzales - AhhlYeeBaa! Undelaa, Undelaa!

Carrol Burnette Show - Tim Conway! (Need I say More?)

Dragnet - It would be a severe challenge for me to be that dry

Stargate Atlantis - Travel to another galaxy, study ancient alien technology AND beautiful alien babes

AirWolf - Advanced technology attack chopper

SeaQuest - Smoke some pot with Darwin

Ha! My gut reaction was Buffy "with a caveat" - I would have to be a member of at least the peripheral Scooby gang (On the level of Anya or Spike or Tara). Wouldn't guarantee that I would live a long life, but at least I wouldn't be the guy who just moved in next door and got eaten by a werewolf to start one episode.

Ha! My gut reaction was Buffy "with a caveat" - I would have to be a member of at least the peripheral Scooby gang (On the level of Anya or Spike or Tara). Wouldn't guarantee that I would live a long life, but at least I wouldn't be the guy who just moved in next door and got eaten by a werewolf to start one episode.
yeah, I'd like to help, but don't know how much I could do for them. I could be their prayer warrior!

I think I'd go for San Francisco during the ST:TOS movies. It seems to be nice compromise between current day standards of living with a bunch of shiny toys thrown in.

Firefly looks like lots of fun but the more I think about it the more that sort of life worries me.

maybe we should start a thread on what shows/movies we would NOT like to be in. I'd start with all the terminator / mad max / waterworld post-apocalypse stuff. Mayberry sounds much better.

I can't believe that Firefly didn't make this list yet...as long as it lasted longer than a season. :smiley:
Firefly looks like lots of fun but the more I think about it the more that sort of life worries me.
Yeah, that is kind of what I was thinking. Aston West is into the whole 'space pirate' thing so I suspect he'd be more comfortable in the Firefly verse then most people. :D

maybe we should start a thread on what shows/movies we would NOT like to be in. I'd start with all the terminator / mad max / waterworld post-apocalypse stuff. Mayberry sounds much better.
Start with any verse where there is no air conditioning. That'd be a good starting point for me to exclude where I'd like to to live. :giveup:

well goooollllllllleeeeee.

I would hate All in the Family. A working-class NY borough in the early 1970s? barf.
and I'd hate South Park. An unbelievable sequence of catastrophes (Cthulhu, mega-Streisand, etc etc.)

Mayberry, love it! its fiction, my most of my kinfolke are from the Carolinas and the South, Mint Julip, Smittys bbq, Texas chili....fictional stuff, I would also go with the star trek base, with Kirk, Spock, and Bones, a good camping trip would be a blast, and a shuttle ride up to the old Ncc-1701a......

Mayberry would be the top of my list for places I WOULDN'T want to live in.

every character there is annoying as hell
Yall don't like the South bubba?
giphy.gif
southerncomfort4.jpg
90613d7773405.560beb2994ab1.gif
Yall come back now ya hear, LOL!;);):mirelly:

Back