If your life sucks come to this topic

Dr. Phil!?!! :lol: I've been on his show!! ;) He's funny!! :P
Okay....I have a question to ask that's been bothering me for a long time...I actually put it down as a topic for the Dr. Phil show when I was there for them to explore and give me a call if they ever do a show about it. ^_^
I found out two years ago that I had Hepatitis C, HCV...it's a liver disease....apparently I've had it since I was born, from a blood transfusion I received in order to save my life.( I'm an identical twin, my sis 'stole' all my blood, so I was born 'low', hence the transfusion) -_-
My parents are TOTALLY in denial so I had NO support whatsoever from them! I was barely 19 years old at the time and had to go to the dozens of doctor apointments alone, getting all these blood tests, sonograms, ultrasounds, the works! :( And they still, to this day, don't EVER talk to me about it! I really dispise them for that and really hurt. I'm thinking about have this procedure done, a liver biopsy that my doctor has kind of mentioned would be a good idea, and I don't know how to approach my parents about help (if only for support) if they don't want anything to do with it!! :blink:
What do you think I should do?? :confused: Give it your best shot, I'll take any suggestions!! :blush:
🦋 Colly E.

Not to but in between you and Dr. Phil, but isn't Hepatitis C the same illness that Pam Anderson has? Pam said that she only has 10-15 years to live because of the disease. I think that was an ignorant thing to say, especially considering that their are ppl living with it who don't need that kind of fear and lose of hope in their life.

:thinking: Message from a Toronto Cracker :thinking:

Yep, that's the same thing I have....And I've had it for 21 years now and counting....I've been <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>EXTREMELY</span> blessed though that I've been basically healthy. :sigh:
I only found out on accident when my sis and mom finally talked me into donating blood like they do every 2 months, and that's how I found out. No sicknesses or anything, just days where I don't have much of an appitite and some side aches here and there. ;)
The doctors say they belive I've grown an immunity to it so they are very interested in my case cause Hep C is soo new and unknown they don't have a whole lot of research on it. -_-
Who knows? I could have the antibodies in me now that can make a vaccine for HCV just like Hep B and A have....the doctors have me on file as something like that....I joked with them that if they DO ever figure it out and I do have something like that in me, that I wanted it to be named after me!!! :P They said 'Certainly, we wouldn't have it any other way!" :D
But....you're right spongebobsquarepants, there are lots of people out there who have Hep C and live normal healthy lives and die old happy people....so you have a point about Pam there!! ;)
🦋 Colly E.

ok doc, i already have a therapist, but heck, why not have a second! question1- what does one do during really long and boring dress rehersals for plays in which your in 1 scene for three seconds and all you do is scream in spanish? question2- how do you get love interest to notice u? question3- how can i make my life not suck, when i'm considered school loser by most? this is light. i'm going easy on u now.

i shudn't be in here! my life doesn't really suck at the mo....it can though....
I got my eye on this very HOT guy.....plus when things get bad i just come online and talk to people who aren't my family lol

Back