If You're Not the One

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>If You’re Not the One</span>

Summary; My version of Vaughn’s two years without Sydney
Relationship; S/V
Genre; Romance mainly, but some angst
Rating; PG-13 to be on the safe side
Spoilers; Up to the end of “The Telling” is fair game. I have yet to see any of season three, so I can’t spoil it can I?
A/N 1; I’m living in denial people, over here in the UK those poor students (e.g. me) who only get terrestrial have only just seen “The Telling” (and it was on at midnight – I can’t be the only one outraged by that!), therefore we can live in the naïve belief that Vaughn isn’t really married……Right?!?
A/N 2; Please bare in mind that this is my first dabble into the murky world of alias fanfiction, so any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Disclaimer; I don’t own them, JJ Abrams and the nice people at ABC etc do (they keep them in a box under the bed). Although, if you’re bored feel free. I have precisely £1.58 to my name – you won’t really get much will you? The song “If you’re not the one” was both written and performed by Daniel Beddingfield and comes from his album “Gotta Get Thru This”.

Part 1/3

If you’re not the one then why does my soul feel glad today?
If you’re not the one then why does my hand fit yours this way?
If you are not mine then why does your heart return my call
If you are not mine would I have the strength to stand at all

I never know what the future brings
But I know you are here with me now
We’ll make it through
And I hope you are the one I share my life with

I don’t want to run away but I can’t take it, I don’t understand
If I’m not made for you then why does my heart tell me that I am?
Is there any way that I can stay in your arms?

Michael Vaughn decided that he was the luckiest man in the world – he had the privilege of calling himself Sydney Bristow’s boyfriend. THE Sydney Bristow. The girl who was the fantasy of every male on the planet. The beautiful, sexy, honest, loving, “perfect” Sydney Bristow was his. She has his to hold, to protect, to love so completely that it was hard for him to breathe. She was his to run baths for, to walk with, and to kiss. She was his to comfort, to sleep next to, to whisk away on romantic breaks to Santa Barbara, where he was fully planning on getting down on one knee, telling her exactly how much he loved her and asking her to do him the honour of being his forever.

He grinned as he pulled up at the red light and fingered the ring box in his pocket. He’d dropped Syd off and gone to pick up the simple, but elegant, square cut diamond and platinum ring that he knew was perfect for her, before heading for the debriefing which he was currently late for.
As he sat in the heavy traffic, he pictured Syd’s expression (hopefully smiling with those beautiful dimples of hers on full display) as he said the 28 words he had planned in his head as she threw her pager into the vast depths of the Pacific:
“Sydney Anne Bristow, I have loved you since you came crashing into my life with that crazy hair. Will you do me the honour of becoming my wife?”
He could picture her on their wedding day, walking down the aisle towards him on Jack’s arm, drawing gasps at her beauty from the gathered congregation, her beautiful brown eyes full of tears and a large smile on her face as Jack stared proudly at his daughter. He could envisage their large house with white picket face, their dog, the moment that she told him she was expecting his child, the birth of their child following a long labour throughout which she remained strong despite the pain she was in. He could see his daughter’s face, the dark curls and dimples which were the tell tale signs that she was her mother’s daughter, the green eyes that showed she was his. He imagined her first smile, laugh, steps, the arrival of brothers and sisters for her until he pretty much had his hockey team. He could picture their first dates, their wedding days, the births of their children. He could envisage his whole life and Sydney Bristow was by his side for every step of it.

The honk of a horn from behind, pulled him from his blissful daydream as he moved off into the traffic and headed towards the Ops Centre for the debriefing, which, whilst it lasted for 4 hours, was uninformative. After a short conversation with Weiss he headed back to his car and set off for Syd’s apartment.

TBC?

What do you think? I already have the rest of the fic written out on paper, but have to type it up, but won’t bother if no one likes it

Thanx

Lara

excellent start...I hope you add some more soon because this has amazing promise to it! Can I get a PM when you update? thanks!

Same disclosers etc apply here; I still don’t own them and I’m still not rich enough to be sued!!

Part 2/3

If I don’t need you then why am I crying on my bed?
If I don’t need you then why does your name resound in my head?
If you’re not for me then why does this distance maim my life?
If you’re not for me then why do I dream of you as my wife?

I don’t know why you’re so far away
But I know that this much is true
We’ll make it through
And I hope you are the one I share my life with
And I wish that you could be the one I die with
And I pray in you’re the one I build my home with
I hope I love you all my life

I don’t want to run away but I can’t take it, I don’t understand
If I’m not made for you then why does my heart tell me that I am
Is there any way that I can stay in your arms?

Vaughn sat, unshaven and dishevelled, in yet another drunken stupor in his apartment. He recalled the day three months ago that he lost her. The day when his life may as well of ended.

Flashback

Vaughn stood broken and weak in the burnt out remains of Sydney’s home, the place where he was supposed to pick her up and whisk her away where she’d stay safe, from things like this, in his arms. He couldn’t believe this was happening. Where was she? She couldn’t have been here. She must have gone for a run, gone out food shopping; she had to be anywhere but here. She was going to come flying into the wreck, crying over the loss of her best friend, her home, her everything, and he was going to hold her and wipe away her tears and tell her how much she meant to him. Instead, the coroner is walking towards him, telling him what he didn’t want to hear – that there were two bodies found in the bedroom. And then his world crumbled.

End of flashback

Since that day he’d been a shell of his former self. He’d taken a leave of absence from the CIA once it had been confirmed that one of the bodies had been Sydney’s. He’d taken to sitting and drinking in his apartment whilst he studied photographs of her beautiful profile, which were now smudged by tears and repetitive holding. He’d stopped taking care of himself and was creating a lot of worry for those still at the CIA – namely Dixon, Carrie, Marshall and even Jack showed considerable concern. However, it was Weiss who was the most troubled by Vaughn’s decline into a seemingly unending despair. In fact, it was Weiss who first took action, making a phone call to Vaughn’s mother Amelié. Within 24 hours of Weiss’ frantic call; she was knelt on the floor of her son’s apartment holding him as he sobbed, telling her about his beautiful soul mate who had reversed roles with him a little too literally by becoming his guardian angel, watching over him from the stars.

Amelié had never seen her son so broken, in so much pain, not even when his father had died. She was truly surprised that he had lasted this long, that he was surviving this incredible heartbreak. She listened patiently as Michael told her about the women that he had loved more than life itself, the woman who had been stolen from him. She listened as he told her about the perfect life that they would have had together. Within 24 hours of arriving, it was far too obvious to Amelié that she couldn’t leave her son. Instead, she decided to take him back to France with her and with Weiss’ help, a week later they were on a flight which would take them back to Vaughn’s childhood home in Fleury. Michael hadn’t had a drink since his mother had poured all the liquor down the sink. He was beginning to get more colour following a few well homemade meals. Amelié hoped that the change of scenery in France, away from the reminders in LA, would do Vaughn some good for his own sake.

TBC

The next, and final, chapter may take awhile as whilst it is down on paper I'm not a 100% about it. Therefore, I may do a rewrite and it could get stretched to a fourth chapter but I don't know yet.

Please let me know what you think

Hugs to all

Lara
:angelic:

PPS PM List

!n@$en+
Alias Fan Gillian
Alias=applepie_and_icecream
emnaliasfan
lorilou
musically83
secret_agent_angel

If I've missed anyone, or you want on or off please let me know - Thanks

Omg Lara you made me f-cking cry! (Pardon moi) That was too too good! I love his mom, that was just too incredible. Please do extend it to four chapters! You would totally make my day!

Rachel

that was so sad it made me cry!! :( but it was a great chapter, i can't wait till the next one. btw thanks for the PM.

Hey guys,

Thanx for all the rapid responses

I've reviewed the final chapter and decided I don't like about half of it so I'll update as soon as I've done a rewrite. It shouldn't take too long as I'm going to stick to the basic outcome and the actual final couple of paragraphs, but I'm going to change how I get there, and it is probaly going to stretch to a further 2 parts.

I'll update as soon as I'm done.

Thankyou once again for all the support you've given me.

Hugs to all

Lara
:rolleyes:

Just a note to let whoever wants to know that the rewrite of the third chapter is nearly finished and that spoilers will probably be posted tommorrow (Friday) afternoon. Following that, the update itself will follow either on Sunday or Monday depending on how many assignments I get this weekend.

Thankyou for the continuing support

I'm really glad you all like it

Hugs to all

Lara :rolleyes:

OK so just a couple of things:

1. Updated PM List

!n@$en+
Alias Fan Gillian
Alias=applepie_and_icecream
emnaliasfan
lorilou
musically83
secret_agent_angel
vampirgirl

2. The story will only be two more chapters long and they're nearly finished.

3. Just to assure you that you won't have to endure Lauren, I promise. This is down to my belief that Vaughn didn't really get married and that this is all an elaborate setup to scare the hell out of english students who can't afford Bravo and so haven't seen season 3 yet - someone tell me i'm right .... please? Anyone?

4. Spoilers

<!--spoilerbs--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>SPOILER </td></tr><tr><td id='SPOILER'><!--spoilerbe-->Vaughn was constantly haunted by Syd's memory<!--spoileres--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--spoileree-->

<!--spoilerbs--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>SPOILER </td></tr><tr><td id='SPOILER'><!--spoilerbe-->It soon became apparent to Amelie that despite her hopes that this trip would do Vaughn good, if anything it was making him worse.<!--spoileres--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--spoileree-->

<!--spoilerbs--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>SPOILER </td></tr><tr><td id='SPOILER'><!--spoilerbe-->whilst she didn't think she could carry on, she survived for Michael's sake<!--spoileres--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--spoileree-->

<!--spoilerbs--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>SPOILER </td></tr><tr><td id='SPOILER'><!--spoilerbe-->Maman, why do you think God takes good people away from us<!--spoileres--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--spoileree-->

5. Update

I know I said earlier that the update would be up on Monday, well it's not because quite frankly life has conspired against me and I've got work all weekend, so I'm not gonna get it typed up. But as soon as it is I'll let you all know

Thanx for all your replies

Hugs to all

Lara
:rolleyes:

Back