If You're Not the One

That chapter was awesome, Im thrilled youre back to writting again *smiles* I missed this fic!
Poor Sydney, having to go through all that...at least she understands Michaels concern though.

“Tell, me it’s going to be OK Michael. Please tell me it’s going to be OK.” As the armed guard began to board the plane he whispered,
“It’s going to be OK Syd, we’re together now and everything’s going to be fine.”

*dabs eye* Those two lines were so perfect! I mean, they werent all gushy, they were just plain and simple...but you could see the emotion behind it!

The chapter was very well written, and I loved it to bits!
PLEASE keep me on the PM list!
Thanks for the PM you sent me.
Ash

Hey Guys,

I know I've been gone for ages!! Sorry!! Blame the absurd amount of time I've had to spend in physio - that and all the time spent reapplying for university and undergoing interviews again because apparently when I got sick instead of just deferring me for a year my parents decided (in their infinate wisom) to withdraw me - which makes my life sooo much more difficult now but there ya go.

Thankyou all for your reviews of the last part - I really wasn't that sure about it! But I am so glad that you all liked it. The revised PM list is as follows:

lorilou
Kittykatsmeow
musically83
Sydney Bristow 2300844
WindyStar47
Jughelynj
Alias Fan Gillian
vaughnroxmysox
secret_agent_angel
shotput25ash
Sammer35758
fallen=angel503

and I'd like to welcome the three new additions - thankyou so much for taking the time to reply. Seriously I'm all :smiley: that I'm still getting people asking for pms.

The purpose of this is that I have completed the new part. It's still with beta so I can't post it yet but I do have some spoilers (that may change depending on whether Syd tells me to stop writing for everyone elses sake or not!!). The new part may not be up till next week though because I am going to visit a friend at uni till friday and don't know if I'll have access to the internet - but it will definately be up by next weekend. Anyhows - Spoilers:

It was almost unnerving seeing Jack, he was sat in casual clothing – a sharp contrast to the suit he usually wore in the office – tapping his foot nervously on the floor, but perhaps more unnerving, however, was the look on his face as he noted Vaughn’s arrival in the room.

“Trust me on this – the woman that I have just accompanied from Hong Kong is definitely Sydney Bristow – damn it you should be able to trust me on that!” was the defensive reply “And right now she’s down in med services, absolutely terrified, because she has no idea whatsoever where she’s been for the last two years – or for that matter – that she’s been gone for two years! And one of us should be there with her!”
“Calm down Agent Vaughn, we’re just moving the prisoner…”
“Sydney – her name is Sydney” Vaughn interrupted
Finally he allowed tears to fall from his eyes as he rested his head on her stomach

There ya go - thats all I'm letting you have. Let me know what you think and as always thankyou for your continued support of my slllooooowwww writing - Can you believeI've been writing this for over a year and I'm still far from the end!!

Anyways - thanks again

Hugs

Lara

Yeah a new chapter is coming. I will be out of town when you update so if I dont reply that doesnt mean I didnt like it. I love your work and I cant wait. Vaughn is so protective of Syd in the spoilers, its great.

YAY!!! A sorta updatey sorta thingo!!!
SPOILERS, thats what i meant to say!!
They were so awesome, spesh the last 2 *sigh* i love vaughnie!!Update for real soon, please??!!

Hey Guys

Well I did promise an update for this weekend and so here I am. However, something to bear (bare - maybe? hmmmm - really can't figure that one out!!) in mind is that whilst I sent this to Syd to beta - she has yet to get back to me. However, I have just found out that she's sick :ill: (so a BIG :flowers: :chocolatekiss: :daisy: and :console: to my :angelfly:!!). Therefore this chapter has yet to beta'd - which is quite dangerous - but a promise is a promise - and so I am realllly relying on your feedback on this one so PPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE review - see I am so not opposed to begging. Anyhows here's the update and let me know what you think:

Part 7

“Tell, me it’s going to be OK Michael. Please tell me it’s going to be OK.” As the armed guard began to board the plane he whispered,
“It’s going to be OK Syd, we’re together now and everything’s going to be fine.”

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Vaughn stood watching from the observation booth as Sydney underwent her sixth hour of tests. He hated the not knowing and would have given anything to be allowed in the room with her, in fact he had fought with everything in him to be, but had only been allowed to watch from behind the reflective glass – somewhere that technically he shouldn’t have been. As the doctor’s prepared to take yet more blood from Syd he wished more than before that he could be with her. He knew how much she hated needles from their relationship before she went missing, when he had been amused that she had come up with an excuse for why he had to go to the doctors with her when she had to go for her tetanus booster, she’d held his hand then so tightly that it was left bruised but at the present moment in time Vaughn would have welcomed the pain as long as he could be with her as she went through the rigorous testing.

On arrival at the Ops Centre Sydney had been ushered through the back entrance and up to med services so that the main rotunda was avoided. Vaughn on the other hand was ordered to report to Kendall and so with some reluctance he left Sydney in the hands of the armed agents and reported to Kendall’s office. There he found both Kendall and Jack waiting. It was almost unnerving seeing Jack, he was sat in casual clothing – a sharp contrast to the suit he usually wore in the office – tapping his foot nervously on the floor, but perhaps more unnerving, however, was the look on his face as he noted Vaughn’s arrival in the room.

“Is it her?” Jack’s question was quiet and disbelieving, as Vaughn was sure his would have been should their roles have been reversed.
“Yeah Jack – it’s Syd – she’s really back.” A look of pure relief crossed Jack’s face at Vaughn’s response.
“Now Agent Vaughn – we don’t know that.” Both Jack and Vaughn whipped round to face Kendall,
“Well, we don’t! It wouldn’t be the first time a person has been ‘doubled’ would it?”
“Trust me on this – the woman that I have just accompanied from Hong Kong is definitely Sydney Bristow – damn it you should be able to trust me on that!” was the defensive reply “And right now she’s down in med services, absolutely terrified, because she has no idea whatsoever where she’s been for the last two years – or for that matter – that she’s been gone for two years! And one of us should be there with her!”
A silence fell in the room as Vaughn finished his tirade.
“Look, Agent Kendall – I know that we’ve had issues in the past with doubles and all that felgercarb – but I can assure you that it is definitely her and I don’t have the time to stand here defending that to you when she is going through absolute hell!”
With this Vaughn turned on his heel to leave the room but was stopped by Kendall’s voice:
“Agent Vaughn you are not authorized to go to the prisoner – you will not go anyway near medical services and that is an order!”

With this Kendall, to his surprise, found himself pinned to the wall by Jack, who spoke in a low tone:
“Let me remind you of something. Three hours when I entered this centre you told me that my daughter was ALIVE. Those were your words, and now suddenly you are calling her a PRISONER and suspecting her of being a double?”
“Yes well – with retrospect…”
“With retrospect my ass – now you will let Agent Vaughn and myself go to my daughter and you will do it now or else…”
“…Or else what Jack? In case you hadn’t forgotten I am still your superior and unless you would like to be removed from this centre I suggest you let go of me now! In this instance I will compromise – but only for the good of Agent Bristow if that’s who this person actually is - ” before Jack and Vaughn could say anything Kendall continued
“I will allow one of you to watch the testing from the observation booth - I’ll leave it up to you to decide who goes.” With this Kendall loosened himself from Jack’s grip and flounced from the room.

That was how Vaughn got to be here – after Kendall had left the room Jack had insisted that Vaughn be the one to go (“She’ll want to see you first” he had said) but had made Vaughn promise that the minute anything happened Vaughn would call him in from outside the observation room where he would be waiting. And so Vaughn watched as his beloved Sydney was put through interviews and scans and tests as she proved that she was who she said she was.

After ten hours of testing, Vaughn was alarmed as Sydney was led from the main lab into a side room where he could no longer see her and a doctor entered the observation room.
“What’s wrong? Why are you moving her? What’s going on?” His fears verbalised to the doctor
“Calm down Agent Vaughn, we’re just moving the prisoner…”
“Sydney – her name is Sydney” Vaughn interrupted
“ Sydney – we’re just moving Sydney to another room so that she can rest in peace – you can go and sit with her in a little while but first I wanted to talk to Agent Kendall and I thought you might want to hear my report – in fact Sydney wanted yourself and her father?” Vaughn nodded “to hear what I had to say – I’ve already phoned Kendall and he’s on his way down. Do you know where…” At this point Kendall entered the room with Jack on his heels “…Agent Bristow is?”

Jack had instinctively looked to the lab when he entered the room and Vaughn had seen the worry that he felt cloud over his eyes. Before Jack had even asked Vaughn found himself responding:
“She’s in a side room. Resting. We’ve just got to hear what the doctor has to say and then we can see her.”
Jack smiled and nodded slightly at this – Vaughn was more like him than he cared to admit – especially to Sydney. But Jack caught himself getting lost in his own thoughts and instead refocused his attentions on the doctor.

“Well…?” Kendall asked.
The doctor began to speak to the group,
“Well, she’s who she says she is. The woman that is in the side room resting is definitely Sydney Bristow.” With this both Vaughn and Jack glared at Kendall with ‘I told you so’ faces that were so similar and harsh that the doctor was glad that he wasn’t in Kendall’s shoes.
“I also checked Miss Bristow over – she appears to be in excellent health – physically at least. There is evidence to suggest that she was beaten but not within the last year or so and she has healed exceptionally well. I’d say that the beating she undertook was no worse than those that I would normally see on an Agent – which suggests that she was relatively well treated. Further evidence for this was provided by the fact that a small scar located on Agent Bristow’s right lower stomach that was a cause for concern, was actually a scar from an operation to remove her appendix. Ordinarily in cases where torture is involved such a neat scar wouldn’t be observed. Also, I think you’ll be exceptionally pleased to know, that there is no evidence whatsoever of any sexual assault. So physically she’s fine.”
Here, both Vaughn and Jack breathed sighs of relief. Vaughn was overjoyed that his worst fears had proved false – they hadn’t hurt her (or at least no more than she was used to), she was physically fine and he was most thankful for the fact that she hadn’t been raped. He forced himself to focus as he realised that the doctor was about to continue,
“The only concern that I have is that Agent Bristow cannot remember anything. That could be due to something that her captors have done – perhaps a drug – or it could purely by psychological in that her brain simply doesn’t want to remember what has occurred. That doesn’t have to be due to hurt or trauma, but may be linked in with painful emotions that she experienced and doesn’t want to experience again. Either way it is possible that Agent Bristow’s memories may resurface in the future and she would need support through that.” Even the doctor knew that this was a defunct statement judging by the look of love on Vaughn’s face.
“But otherwise there is nothing more to say so I think it would be alright for you both to see her as long as you let her rest.”

With this Vaughn and Jack headed to the side room. Once outside Jack turned to Vaughn
“You go in first and check she’s alright I’ll come in soon, I just need a minute or two…”
“Jack it’s fine – really I had to do the same thing – you don’t need to explain” Jack smiled at the younger agent realising for the first time that perhaps he was actually good enough for his little girl. Vaughn gently reached for the door handle and opened the door.

Vaughn smiled as he looked over his love. Sydney was lying peacefully, apparently asleep, on the bed. However, as the door clicked shut she opened her eyes and reached her hand out for him,
“Hey…”
“Hey beautiful – I thought you were asleep” he walked to her bedside and sat on the side of her bed taking her hand in his.
“No - just resting. Did you speak to the doctor?” Vaughn nodded
“Yeah – it was good news huh”
Sydney smiled gently,
“Yep – couldn’t have hoped for better really – I just wish they hadn’t had to take so much of my blood to get it!”
Vaughn grinned and bent down to kiss the site in the crook of Sydney’s elbow that was bruised from so many needles. Finally he allowed tears to fall from his eyes as he rested his head on her stomach – Sydney’s hands caressed his head gently as she spoke,
“It’s OK honey – I know. But I’m fine – you don’t need to cry for me anymore”
“I thought I lost you….”
“I know and I you” Sydney fiddled with the ring on Vaughn’s finger “But we didn’t lose each other – we’re together now – right?”
Vaughn smiled as he pressed a kiss to her forehead
“Right”

TBC

See how nice I am - LONGEST update yet!!

Let me know what you think

Hugs

Lara

EDITED: To Add a disclosure:

I don't own them - JJ Abrams does - although talikng to people about the season 4 finale - I think I'd really rather he didn't!! (realised I haven't put in a disclosure for the last few updates - due to my error - just got lazy with cut and paste - anyway there's onee now so please don't sue!!)

That was so awesome! Totally couldnt tell that it was unbetad
Im so glad its her and everything is ok!
Jack was actually sweet lol!
Plz update soon!

That was such a good chapter. I cant wait till she and Jack get to see each other again, but I cant help but wonder if there is something eles that is wrong with her, something doesn't feel right, lets hope I'm wrong.

Back