If You're Not the One

OMG *dies*
That was So good!
For not being betad...wow...(good wow)
Im glad theyre together...its going to STAY that way...RIGHT?
I really hope it does, poor Syd, shes been through enough!
Thanks for the PM
Update when you get the chance and keep up the amazing work!
Ash

Hey Guys,

You know what I'm here to apologise. Someone pm'ed me today asking if I was OK seeing as how I haven't updated in a while. The truth is I've only actually written about a paragraph of the new chapter :hide:. This is for several reasons:

1. I've only just got back from Bulgaria where I spent the last six weeks with my aunt trying to make up for the awful time she must have had in the hospital with me last time I visited!!
2. I go back to university next week actually I am starting on a new course. Those of you that know if my reallly bad health record will know that I spent the majority of last year in hospital. Consequently I've changed my mind slightly and am now going to study nursing. This means huge upheaval as I'm trying to pack to go.
3. In the week and a half that I've been at home I've had several appointments to go to (spent more time at the hospital - lucky me!!) and I've been attempting to spend some time with friends who I haven't really seen properly since last August with one thing and another (you all know the deal!!)
4. The day before yesterday I broke three bones in my left hand (What can I say I'm accident prone!!)
5. And finally my computer as decided to play 'let's crash all the time and generallly be a pain in the neck'

So here I am pleading with you to be nice to me and not kill me (cause lets face it I'm the only one who knows whats going to happen next). I will update as soon as I humanly can I swear.

Thankyou all for being so understanding

Hugs

Lara

Oh God - how much do I suck???

I'll be honest - I've written maybe 50 words ofthe new chapter - 50 words in over 6months - how bad is that??

All I can do is apologisefor keeping you all waiting. I am very sorry but once again my life has conspired against me!!

I hope to write the update soon but have exams first so I can't see it happening before the end of February - Syd - you still up for beta'ing this poor excuse for a writer's work??

Anyway thankyou all for being so understanding

Hugs

Lara

Heylo,

I appreciate some of you may go into shock at seeing this post - and trust me - I was in shock writing it but here it is (eighteen months late!) - the final parts (and yes you saw that right - PARTSSSS).

I know some of you might have left the forum forever but if anyone is out there still please let me know what you think - and this applies to new readers as well.

And so on with the show:

Disclaimer: Don't own them - now in negative funds (the joys of studentdom) - please don't sue!!

Part 8​

“I thought I lost you….”
“I know and I you” Sydney fiddled with the ring on Vaughn’s finger “But we didn’t lose each other – we’re together now – right?”
Vaughn smiled as he pressed a kiss to her forehead
“Right”

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Vaughn and Sydney were startled from their embrace by the sound of the door behind them opening. Turning around Vaughn smiled at the look on Jack’s face of total disbelief and shock. Getting off the bed Vaughn watched as Jack walked towards his daughter, who was watching him with a watery smile. Finally Jack reached the bed and father and daughter were reunited as Jack pulled Sydney into an embrace.

Excusing himself, Vaughn left the room to fetch coffee for the three of them (under specific orders from Syd not to come back with “that felgercarb that the CIA like to pretend is coffee”) and found himself confronted by a group of people and a barrage of questions. Weiss, Marshall, Will and Dixon’s faces all stood out amongst the large crowd who had gathered to say welcome back to Sydney. Vaughn took a deep breath as he attempted to listen to all the questions being asked before replying simply:
“Yes – it’s her, yes – she’s fine, no – you can’t see her right this moment – Jack’s with her, yes – you can see her shortly and no – she can’t remember where she’s been”. Satisfied with this, the majority of the group dispersed leaving only Dixon, Will, Marshall and Weiss behind – after all Kendall would be furious if the entire office came to a standstill for any longer. Vaughn grinned at his workmates before asking “Now, who wants a proper coffee?”.

Leaving the CIA Building for the coffee shop on the corner, Vaughn heard the irritating tune that was his ring tone (WHY had he ever let Eric choose it?). Reaching for his phone he answered it blindly with a cheery “Hello!” only to be confronted with an angry voice:
“Michael Vaughn, where have you been? Do you have any idea how worried I’ve been? I thought the deal was regular phone calls – and then you don’t ring….”
“Maman…”
“…Anything could have happened. I know you have missions but a courtesy call…”
“Maman….”
“to let your poor mother know so that she doesn’t….”
That was it – desperate times called for desperate measures:
“Maman, Syd’s alive!”
“worry over your every move…………what did you just say?”
“I said Syd’s alive maman, that’s why I didn’t call – I had to go get her”
“Oh – honey” and with that Amelié promptly burst in to tears.

Hushing his mother, Michael offered an explanation to his mother who listened quietly. When he had finished he made what he thought was an educated assumption:
“So maman – when do you want to fly over to meet her?”
“As soon as possible of course”
“Of course!”

Finis​

*​

Epilogue​

It had been an unseasonably warm day on October the first the year after Sydney’s return. So unseasonably warm that Michael had decided to forego with his suit jacket and wear short sleeves despite his mother’s protestations that he could not get married dressed “like that”. But Michael had won this particular argument on the technicality that as it was a beach wedding – wearing a suit would make him overdressed anyway. Sydney had looked like an angel that day with the soft sunlight framing her as she approached him on Jack’s arm in a beautiful white cotton sundress and barefooted. He had never been happier than he was that day when it seemed that God had returned this particular angel following a loan. On that day, Michael had told Sydney that he doubted he would ever be happier.

He was wrong – just eighteen months later he grinned stupidly as he watched Sydney cradle their beautiful (if a little small) firstborn daughter in her arms. Watching them both he felt a wave of love and happiness so strong that it would never be eclipsed. Although watching Amelié cradle her first granddaughter nearly did it. That had been fourteen months ago and now as he pulled the car carrying it’s precious cargo into the drive of his and Syd’s beautiful family home he felt his life was complete. His little girl toddling down the steps holding her Grandpa’s hand, as she smiled and waved to her mammy and daddy, was the spitting image of her mother. They had named her Avariella (Ava) Elizabeth and her excitement was catching as she was lifted to the car window to catch her first glimpse of her new baby sister, who’s lips were puckered in a characteristic Bristow pout, Anna Alicia. And it was now that Vaughn realised that he could never say that he couldn’t be happier as his beautiful wife always proved him wrong.

THE END (and I mean it this time!!)​

Please read and review

Thank you for reading

Hugs

Lara :D

So I read the whole story...
and I gotta say, this is way better than what happened on the show...
Great Story...
Thanks for sharing and for finally finishing it...

Back