Dismiss Notice
Alien Soup is a free community for fans of science-fiction, horror, & fantasy! Everybody is welcome here.

"I'll Be Back" Schwarzenegger's Return

Discussion in 'Open Chat' started by Tom, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Tom

Tom An Old Friend

Mania wrote:

Personally I don't have a problem with this. He has a certain presence in his movies that I grew used to in the past. I'm curious of the unnamed titles he refers to as Original Stuff. Not sure I will follow a comic book tho?

2. Tim

Tim Creative Writer

Can't wait for his return :)

New Terminator movie: "I told you I'd be back!" muhahaha!

3. Kevin

Kevin Code Monkey Staff Abductee

For the original stuff, it could be in reference to his cameo in stuff like The Expendables. He's getting a bit old to be the star of action films like he used to be but I could see him in roles like Dennis Quaid's "General Hawk" in GI Joe.

:D

4. haha

haha Cadet

Does anyone know if Arnold EVER says in ANY of the terminator movies:

"I told you I'd be back"

OR

"I said I'd be back."

My boss is convinced he does and I believe he does not. Confirmations, anyone?

5. Tom

Tom An Old Friend

I think he does but I dont recall which one at the moment

6. Tim

Tim Creative Writer

Terminator: "I'll come back"

Terminator 2: "I'll be back"

Tried using the search function at IMSDB (unsure of legal status of site, but I'm leaning towards 'not very' right now) but no joy on anything resembling "I told you I'd be back" etc based on presumed accuracy of scripts on there.

7. Kevin

The only one that I am aware of is in Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines. There is a scene where John Connor & his future wife are being chased into a military bunker by the T-X android and Arnie's T-800 crashes a helicopter into the front of the building. Walking out of the crashed helicopter, he says "I'm back!"

T3 wasn't the best of the movies but it has it moments.

8. Tom

Tom An Old Friend

I think thats the line I was thinking about.

9. frell

frell Ensign

A remake of Running Man would be nice. I watched that movie not too long ago (within the past 6 months) and was sort of let down as all I could do was compare it to the book.

10. Stid

Stid Scout

I'd def like to see arnold back, he was a good actor for the parts he played. Just a giant person that if caught one on one with just the sight of him would make you sweat.

11. Kevin

Well, it's official... Arnold is attached to a new Terminator movie project that is currently being shopped around to different studios.

The Ctrl+Alt+Del crew came up with a response that I think a lot of others are thinking as well.

[​IMG]

12. nativenod

nativenod Scout

I wonder how this is going to work. I imagine it will be similar to how they made Jeff Bridges appear younger in Tron.

13. Kevin

They did the same for Arnie' in Terminator: Salvation (you can see him in the scene near the end where they are in the factory).

I forget though if it was covered in Terminator: Rise of the Machines (T3) as to why he appeared older. In some of the Terminator 'Wiki' sites they cover it by indicating the T3 version was an updated model and was purposely aged a bit to help with the mission of the Terminator of being able to fool humans into thinking it was human as well for infiltration purposes.

14. Stid

Stid Scout

i dont see a problem with his age in the movie. I just hope they make him a good terminator again =D

15. Midnight Caller

Midnight Caller Ensign

I hope that Arnold Schwarzenegger is in a new Terminator, Arnold suits the roll of Terminator.

16. Kevin

Reports are trickling in that besides Arnold some other original Terminator actors like Linda Hamilton might be coming on board for Terminator 5 with an eye towards a partial reboot of the franchise.

17. Midnight Caller

Midnight Caller Ensign

Cool. Very good to here.

18. kevinfoster

kevinfoster Scout

An Arnold Schwarzenegger was my most and all time favourite action hero.i have watched all the movies of her.From this Terminator-Judgement day,Terminator -Rise of The machine are the most actionable movies of the history of the Hollywood.I haven't find any action hero better than Arnold Schwarzenegger in the action world.