"I'll Be Back" Schwarzenegger's Return

Tom

An Old Friend
Mania wrote:
With Arnold Schwarzenegger having now relinquished his political office as governor of California, the question amongst genre fans and movie goers in general is whether he will return to the silver screen in a big way. These past few months, he has revealed that he has scripts on his desk which he may or may not be involved in but this latest bit of news goes a bit beyond that. In fact, it goes to the point of revealing his possible involvement in remakes of Predator and Running Man not to mention a role in the next Terminator installment.

Big Arnold was posed a specific question while in attendance at "The Arnold Classic" and here's what he replied to his fandom at ArnoldFans.com.

"Well, first of all it's more [than] 15 films, obvious ones from 'The Terminator' to remakes of 'Predator' and 'The Running Man' and all of those things," he said. "[There's] also a lot of original stuff too. But I am also packaging a comic book character right now. I'm going to announce that sometime by the end of March or the beginning of April."

There you go, Maniacs. Arnold is being asked for some high profile projects for his respective return to cinema and some of those could include remakes of The Running Man and Predator. And a return to the Terminator franchise...

Personally I don't have a problem with this. He has a certain presence in his movies that I grew used to in the past. I'm curious of the unnamed titles he refers to as Original Stuff. Not sure I will follow a comic book tho?

For the original stuff, it could be in reference to his cameo in stuff like The Expendables. He's getting a bit old to be the star of action films like he used to be but I could see him in roles like Dennis Quaid's "General Hawk" in GI Joe.

New Terminator movie: "I told you I'd be back!" muhahaha!
:D

Does anyone know if Arnold EVER says in ANY of the terminator movies:

"I told you I'd be back"

OR

"I said I'd be back."

My boss is convinced he does and I believe he does not. Confirmations, anyone?

Terminator: "I'll come back"

Terminator 2: "I'll be back"

Tried using the search function at IMSDB (unsure of legal status of site, but I'm leaning towards 'not very' right now) but no joy on anything resembling "I told you I'd be back" etc based on presumed accuracy of scripts on there.

Does anyone know if Arnold EVER says in ANY of the terminator movies:

"I told you I'd be back"

OR

"I said I'd be back."

My boss is convinced he does and I believe he does not. Confirmations, anyone?

I think he does but I dont recall which one at the moment
The only one that I am aware of is in Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines. There is a scene where John Connor & his future wife are being chased into a military bunker by the T-X android and Arnie's T-800 crashes a helicopter into the front of the building. Walking out of the crashed helicopter, he says "I'm back!"

T3 wasn't the best of the movies but it has it moments.

A remake of Running Man would be nice. I watched that movie not too long ago (within the past 6 months) and was sort of let down as all I could do was compare it to the book.

I'd def like to see arnold back, he was a good actor for the parts he played. Just a giant person that if caught one on one with just the sight of him would make you sweat.

Well, it's official... Arnold is attached to a new Terminator movie project that is currently being shopped around to different studios.

The Ctrl+Alt+Del crew came up with a response that I think a lot of others are thinking as well.

sillies-20110427-25149.gif

I wonder how this is going to work. I imagine it will be similar to how they made Jeff Bridges appear younger in Tron.
They did the same for Arnie' in Terminator: Salvation (you can see him in the scene near the end where they are in the factory).

I forget though if it was covered in Terminator: Rise of the Machines (T3) as to why he appeared older. In some of the Terminator 'Wiki' sites they cover it by indicating the T3 version was an updated model and was purposely aged a bit to help with the mission of the Terminator of being able to fool humans into thinking it was human as well for infiltration purposes.

I hope that Arnold Schwarzenegger is in a new Terminator, Arnold suits the roll of Terminator.
Reports are trickling in that besides Arnold some other original Terminator actors like Linda Hamilton might be coming on board for Terminator 5 with an eye towards a partial reboot of the franchise.

An Arnold Schwarzenegger was my most and all time favourite action hero.i have watched all the movies of her.From this Terminator-Judgement day,Terminator -Rise of The machine are the most actionable movies of the history of the Hollywood.I haven't find any action hero better than Arnold Schwarzenegger in the action world.

Back