Season 5 I'll take care of it.

tocca71

Cadet
Hi, I am new and extremely curious to find out the thoughts on what was meant by the exchange between Syd and Jack on the plane. Jack held the baby and then Sydney like winked and Jack said "I'll take care of it". Did that mean telling Vaughn about the baby? Did it mean she gave the OK to kill Irina? Was Vaughn's death staged?

Welcome tocca71. Since you are new, you may want to watch the very first episode of this season called "Prophet Five" where Vaughn is "killed off." There are some major clues in it that many of us picked up on that suggested Jack and Sydney were faking Vaughn's death in order to save his life. We've suspected that Vaughn was in hiding until Sydney could take out these bad guys who tried to kill him in the first place.
Last night was a wonderful confirmation of that!

Just because someone is new to the boards doesn't make them new to Alias. :smiley: I still get confused and I have been watching since day one.

yeahs sydney knew on the areoplane she was like dad............. and then jack replies ill take care of it and syd looked peaceful and they were talking abt how the baby had vaughns eyes....... then all of suden it goes to where vaughn is staying with the monk n he tells vauhn he has dauhter. it was all staged so that phrophet 5 didnt really kill vaughn so it would be the only way to proect him.........

i so believed that he was dead i cant belive i fell for thats... so vunable we should have known that jj woudnt kill him off.... hope syd vaughn n the baby lie happlily ever after and i hope they kill irina for betraying syd..........................................

ohh btw i just quickly watched the first ep of the seson when vaughn supposdly dies, jack is there nd when syd leaves the room and jack is standing there, they are just looking at each other but sydney is not crying both her and jack only look sad.....

if he had really died syd would have no doubt lost it, and would have been cryin in jack arms, but it wasnt anything like that, it was like they were communicating without talking........

first post :smiley: *woot* :P

okay, so i watched this episode 3 times in a row before anyone else i knew had seen it, and i was convinced that Jack said "I'll take care of her". meaning that he would take care of Syd's baby.
I guess that "i'll take care of it" makes more sense, but after watching that scene another half a dozen times, i still hear, "i'll take care of her"

anyone else??!

i think he meant taking care of isabel. :smiley: and i don't think he'd kill irina, even if sydney gave her permission. he's already "done" it once, and he said that he regretted it every day...he wouldn't do it again, no matter how angry he was with her. (y)

ohh btw i just quickly watched the first ep of the seson when vaughn supposdly dies, jack is there nd when syd leaves the room and jack is standing there, they are just looking at each other but sydney is not crying both her and jack only look sad.....

if he had really died syd would have no doubt lost it, and would have been cryin in jack arms, but it wasnt anything like that, it was like they were communicating without talking........
thats exactly what i said when i rewatched that ep just two weeks before maternal instinct aired. and it was at that time that i came up with my theory that both jack and sydney knew he was alive. a theory that i developed extensively and told many ppl about. which is why....

when i say this, i dont mean to sound rude or like i think ppl are stupid, thats not what i mean at all, i'm just shocked that so many ppl were confused by jack saying "i'll take care of it" and some still aren't sure what jack really meant. the instant syd said "dad..." i knew something was up and when he said "i'll take care of it" i immediately turned to my dad, who was sitting next to me on the couch, and said "dad, i knew it!" even before they showed bhutan, i knew what they were talking about. i guess its because i had just figured out that jack and sydney probably staged vaughns death themselves.

anyways, it wasnt until a few days later that i was telling my mom about it and i dont remember what i said but then my dad was like "i didn't understand it until you said something" (meaning he didnt understand what jack and syd were talking about until i said "i was right!"--over and over and over again lol) and i was like what. wasnt it obvious. and then i just thought it was cuz my dad doesnt follow alias as religiously as i do. but apparently it wasnt just my dad.

i could not believe that other ppl didnt catch on, but i guess it was just more clear to me bc for two weeks prior to the ep i had been constantly thinking about how syd and jack both knew that vaughn was alive...or so i thought. and i was right. :smiley:

the last two minutes of maternal instincts made it one of my favorite episodes :smiley:

Back