~Illusion of Perfection~

A/N: I'd like to thank Riley (rileylovesalias) for being my beta. And I'd like to thank all of my dedicated readers. And Kristina (spy41) for once again, inspring another great storyline. This storyline comes from another Alias Role Playing Game at Alias Universe.

Illusion of Perfection

It was all just an illusion…

Chapter I: Mastering the Skill

“Syd! We have people waiting! Any day now!” Bob the cook shouted at her. It was Sydney Bristow’s first day working as a waitress at Willie’s. Willie’s was a bar and grill in the middle of Los Angeles.

Sydney was wearing jeans, a pink Willie’s t-shirt and trying to balance a tray of drinks in her left hand and 3 bottles of ketchup in the other.

“I’m trying!” She shouted back and set the bottles of ketchup down on the tables and handed everyone their drinks. A quick glance down the main walkway of the restaurant and to the entrance told her that the crowds weren’t going to die down soon. It was a Friday night at 5, their busiest time. At least she wasn’t at the front of the restaurant, behind the desk where customers would order what they wanted there and then go find a table. The line of customers went all the way outside. There was no way that they would be leaving here at 8 when their normal shift ended.

“Syd! Table 67 needs their paper picked up!” Sydney’s best friend Francie Calfo said as she squeezed in between tables carrying a tray of dirty dishes into the kitchen.

When customers came in, they’d go to the ordering desk where someone would cheerfully great them with, “Welcome to Willie’s!”. They’d order there as the greeter would jot down their orders. They’d get their drinks, unless it was an alcoholic beverage- the waiters were responsible for those- take their paper with their order on it and then find a table and wait for their waiter to pick their paper up and take it to the kitchen.

Sydney held the tray under one arm and squeezed through a crowd of people to one of the outside tables. Tables 50-70 were located outside on the patio. The other 50 tables were located inside.

Sydney made her way to the table and found a man with sandy brown hair and electric green eyes looking around.

She picked up his paper, noticed he ordered a Miller Lite. “I’ll have your beer out in a second sir.” She replied, trying to sound as cheerful as possible. She took his paper and he looked up at her. He had the green-ist eyes she had ever seen. She couldn’t help but smile at him before she disappeared behind the bar and brought him his beer.

She came back a few minutes later after bringing another table their check and walked to his table.

He noticed that she didn’t have an opener with her and decided to ask her about this. “Don’t you need something to open that with?” He questioned, pointing to the bottle.

“Nope.” She replied and popped the tab off using the edge of the wooden table. Sydney set the bottle down in front of him and winked.

He smiled. “And how long did it take you to become skilled in that area?”

“Oh, this is my first day.” Sydney replied before walking away to refill another diner’s glass of Dr. Pepper.

ETA: KRISTINA, YOU BEAT ME TO THIS!!! :angry: -_-

You don't have to PM me though since I am the beta! Hehehe, i get to read it before all of you. {{insert evil laughter}} But I love the fact that you incoorporate her feelings as being a waitress..hard job, and her first day you make her excell, so Syd...But I lurve it! I'm your monkey ok? I bug you if you don't update, so watch out!! :Ph34r:

--riley-- Your little 🐒 And I want to be addict one!!!

THIRD!
YAY at least i'm in the first, second, third category!
i so deserve that barbie doll sydney
:winner3:

ooh! sydney as a waiter?
*tries to come up with an image*
you know, i can't see that!
i really can't! :P
hm :Ponder:
wait, it's coming...
ok there we go
hmm i like it! :lol:

and ooh! an s/v meeting! *runs around screaming* i love s/v meetings. and omg she can open a bottle like that? ok i'm 13 and i once had to open a bottle (my brother tried to see if i could) with a bottle opener and it didn't work lol

and something tells me that vaughn will be coming to Willie's a lot more in the near future! *wink*

awesome idea (now where have i read a fic with a bar and grill before? :Ponder: hehe) and please pm me!
YAY! i have a new fic to read
ok that's probably a bad thing since i read too many anway *sigh*

and the name of it. :Ponder: hmm. maybe vaughnie is a baddie? and then he's come to kidnap syddie? *scared*
ok maybe not
but still the title of it is interesting!

anyway, luv JuJu :harp:

p.s. i'm Illusion of Perfection addict #1 *nods*

Bubbles said:
THIRD!
YAY at least i'm in the first, second, third category!
i so deserve that barbie doll sydney
:winner3:

ooh! sydney as a waiter?
*tries to come up with an image*
you know, i can't see that!
i really can't! :P
hm :Ponder:
wait, it's coming...
ok there we go
hmm i like it! :lol:

and ooh! an s/v meeting! *runs around screaming* i love s/v meetings. and omg she can open a bottle like that? ok i'm 13 and i once had to open a bottle (my brother tried to see if i could) with a bottle opener and it didn't work lol

and something tells me that vaughn will be coming to Willie's a lot more in the near future! *wink*

awesome idea (now where have i read a fic with a bar and grill before? :Ponder: hehe) and please pm me!
YAY! i have a new fic to read
ok that's probably a bad thing since i read too many anway *sigh*

and the name of it. :Ponder: hmm. maybe vaughnie is a baddie? and then he's come to kidnap syddie? *scared*
ok maybe not
but still the title of it is interesting!

anyway, luv JuJu :harp:

p.s. i'm Illusion of Perfection addict #1 *nods*
[post="1141003"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

NO YOU'RE NOT!! I AM!!! GRR!! :angry: :P :spam:

And i updated.. :whistle:

i can relate
i go into withdrawal a lot lol

and omg i finally realised what the numbers in your name meant, sydney
god it only took me a few months
:rolleyes:
grr
someone should really take it up with charlie
we need a sarcastic roling eyes smiley!

the numbers that she says in the last eppy of season two like her id number or whatever it is
and i always thought they were random numbers
*sigh*
i'm so slow

are you serious?
omg
and the person who actually figured it out was... m-m-me?

*faints for real this time*

Back