Illusion Of Sin

Illusion Of Sin has been updated!!!!!

The update can be found in the Rated R Section of this board. Here is a Link

The chapter is OPTIONAL It is a NC-17/Rated R Chapter You do not have to read it to follow the chapter.

If you read it you can either post your comments there or here but please review. It's my first attempt at such a chapter and I worked pretty hard on it, so i'd love to hear what you think, good and bad.

Enjoy
Erin

A/N First off an apology for the fact that this chapter took so long, for those of you who read the previous chapter that was Rated R it’s been long, but for those who decided to skip that optional chapter, it’s been twice as long and I thank you all for your patience and continued interest in my fic and that you’ve stuck by it and me for so long! I’ve had a busy summer, with working 2 jobs, volunteering in a grade 1 class and doing a summer course, life was hectic. My grandmother also passed away last month and that of course was a sad time for my family BUT….. The good news is that Illusion of Sin has a brand new chapter!!!!!!! And also since I know that many of my IOS readers are also readers of My Fic Redemption, I’ve decided to include at the end of this chapter a tiny little glimpse into Redemption’s sequel, Absolution which will be debuting next month. So as always please review, good and bad reviews are welcome and Thank You to my beta BEV!!!!! She’s awesome! Without further adieu……..

Illusion of Sin
Chapter 13

Zack moved to lie beside Rory on the bed. His hand reached over and slowly stroked her left arm, gently trailing the tips of his fingers up and down in a repetitive fashion.

“You okay?” he asked leaning slightly to kiss her cheek, still glistening with the sweat of their lovemaking.

“I… wow,” she whispered. She felt Zack take her other hand and weave their fingers together and lifted them to his lips, kissing her palm.

“You’re incredible.”

“No,” she protested. “You… that was amazing.” She looked up at him briefly, shyly, and then snuggled into his embrace resting her head on his chest.

“Are you all right? Are you in any pain?”

Rory was touched at his kindness, not surprised, but touched, knowing that not all men were like him. Not all men would have cared so much about her comfort. “No,” she shook her head. “It did, but not any more.”

Zack nodded, knowing Rory wasn’t telling him the truth. She had to be feeling at least a bit sore. They lay there for a while, limbs and bodies intertwined, basking in the afterglow of love. Zack stroked her hair loving the way the silky strands threaded through his fingers and Rory was simply content to listen to his heartbeat rhythmically in her ear.

Zack was hesitant to disturb the moment, but he knew he had to do it. “We need to talk.”

Rory’s eyes widened and she stared up at the ceiling as she spoke, toying with Zack’s fingers. “About what?” she asked sensing the apprehension in his voice.

“About what happened here tonight?”

“Zack, I…”

“Just hear me out,” he interrupted her, sitting up slightly so he could look her in the eyes. “Don’t get me wrong, tonight was amazing, unexpected, but amazing.” He tucked a lock of hair behind her ear.

“You were…are…incredible and I loved sharing this with you. I don’t want things to move faster than you are comfortable with though. A few days ago, you were telling me that you weren’t ready for sex and that was fine with me, but then your life turns upside down and the next thing I know you’re at my door practically attacking me.”

Zack quickly continued seeing the tears spring to her eyes as his thumb wiped away their trace. “Listen to me. I didn’t do anything that I didn’t want to do. I loved… love being with you and I don’t have any regrets. What I don’t want is for you to have any regrets. Ror, what happened? What changed between yesterday and today?”

Rory wiped her cheeks furiously. “I don’t know.” She sniffled slightly and felt Zack hold her tighter in his arms. “When I saw my dad and I found out the truth, I just felt so numb and out of control. All I could see was his face, the disappointment and the fear in his eyes. It was destroying him.”

Her breath hitched in her throat as she struggled to breathe normally, wanting so desperately not to break down in front of him. “Maybe I came here with the intent of using you… to feel something, anything, or just to feel in control, but when we started it wasn’t that any more. I wanted it… I wanted you, I wanted to love you.” Her voice trembled, “I don’t regret what I did.”

Zack didn’t speak for several moments. He concentrated solely on kissing away the tears from her cheeks, his fingers tenderly brushing the hair away from her face. “I just need to be sure,” he said softly. “I need to know that I didn’t pressure you. I just need to know why.”

“Never,” she placed a chaste kiss on his lips before burying her head in the crook of his neck. . “You’re kind and gentle and amazing and I want to be with you… always.” She murmured the last word barely audible to his ears.

His hands traveled over her bare back sending shivers along her spine. She snuggled into the cradle of his arms feeling nothing but love for this man and drifted off to sleep.

Zack watched her sleep for a long time, his hand in continuous motion over her back. He was content to do this. Their relationship had progressed faster than he had anticipated and he needed the time just to watch her, to think and reflect about how this beautiful woman ended up in his arms. What he had done right to deserve her, he wasn’t sure of. He was positive of one thing however; he was never going to let her go.

xxxxxx

“Good morning beautiful,” Zack said softly. He stroked Rory’s hair lightly as he felt her stir beside him. He’d barely slept all night and had woken not long before to find her back against his chest and his arms wrapped securely around her middle. He hated waking her but knew he couldn’t let her sleep any longer.

“Zack?” Rory sat up feeling slightly disoriented as she looked around the unfamiliar room. In an instant, she remembered everything and as she turned to face him, her lips broke into a large smile. “Good morning.” She closed her eyes and snuggled her face against his shoulder, but not before placing a quick kiss on his bicep.

Zack propped an elbow up and rested the side of his head in his hands. His fingers brushed up and down the curved length of her side enjoying the goose bumps his touch created. “How are you feeling this morning?”

Rory cracked one eye open. “Good,” she smiled contently. “Tired; it’s early,” her eyes took note of the time and she sat up a mischievous smile playing on her lips.

Zack’s eyes widened as the sheet slipped off her body exposing her tender flesh for his view. He knew exactly what she was thinking.

“Did you wake me early for a reason?” she asked playfully.

He smiled, his hand settling on her slender hip and giving it a squeeze. “Not the reason you’re thinking of.” The expression on her face fell and quickly he spoke again. “Not that I don’t want to, I do very much,” he smiled knowingly as the red blush he’d become accustomed to spread over her face. “But, you’re not ready. You’re still sore and you need a little more time. And you should probably go see your father and talk to him before you take him in.”

Rory smiled sadly and slid down his body, one arm stretched across his chest while her head nestled itself in the crook of his neck. “I don’t want to leave you,” she mumbled still feeling drained from their lovemaking the night before.

“I don’t want you to either.” He nudged her until she lifted her head up to look at him. Once she did, he kissed her until neither had any breath left in them. Only then did they part. “Good morning.”

“Good morning,” she kissed his cheek once more and let out a heavy sigh.

“Why don’t you take a shower, and I’ll make us some breakfast,” he suggested.

“Or you could join me,” she mumbled.

“Not that I wouldn’t want to, but I think we both know where that will lead.” Using both hands, he pushed her up into a sitting position. “Go on, you’ll get fresh coffee and pancakes when you’re done.”

“Is that a bribe?”

“Is it working?”

“Maybe.”

“Then it’s a bribe.”

Zack gave her a little nudge nearly sending her sprawling onto the floor and lie back on the bed, folding his arms under his head. He whistled appreciatively watching Rory’s nude form walk out of his bedroom and laughed when she wiggled her ass in response. She was quickly becoming less self-conscious and shy around him.

Twenty minutes later, Zack was just lifting the last pancake out of the frying pan when he felt two arms snake around his abdomen and a head pressed into his back. “Awake?”

“I’d much rather be back in bed with you,” came a mumbled response.

He smiled, but was startled by her gasp only seconds later. “What’s wrong?" he asked, turning around to face her.

“Your back,” she whispered turning him around and gently running the tip of her index finger over one of the red scrapes. “I hurt you; did I do all this?” she whispered studying his shoulder intently.

“Well you have nails,” he joked turning back around, trying to make light of the situation, but it didn’t work as his eyes met a pair of very worried vibrant blue ones. “It’s okay,” he said trying his best to reassure her. “I can’t even feel them. Hey, I see you found my closet.”

“Do you mind?” she asked tugging on the hem of the grey LA Kings hockey shirt she was wearing, which ended mid-thigh.”

“Not at all,” he grinned taking a sip of coffee. “In fact, I think you should wear my clothes all the time. Particularly at work, at least then I’ll have a logical excuse for staring at you all day and not getting any work done.” He handed her a mug of coffee, “just how you like it.”

Two hands gripped the mug as she inhaled the aroma before taking a sip. “Thank you.” Rory eyed the stack of pancakes on the table. “Those look delicious.”

“Help yourself.” Zack leaned back against the counter and folded his arms across his bare chest. He watched with amusement as Rory doused a pancake with maple syrup and then came over to stand beside him. She handed him the plate and then hopped up on the counter, sitting cross-legged as she cut the pancake into pieces.

“Here.” Rory held out her fork to him and he accepted the piece of pancake. “You missed some,” she chided him and wiped a dollop of syrup off his chin with her thumb.

Zack caught her wrist and pulled her hand toward his lips. “My turn,” he smiled slyly and drew her thumb between his lips to suck the syrup off. “Mmmmhm,” he leaned up and kissed her lips quickly. “That is kinda sexy.”

“Told you so.”
xxxxxx

Will squinted in the bright sun as he stepped out of his daughter’s car. The CIA building stood intimidating before him. The sheer massive structure had not changed over the years. The non-descript entrance sign stood off to the side announcing it was the LA Federal Building. Actually, it was the Los Angeles Field office for the CIA. He hadn’t stepped inside it in 23 years.

“Dad?” Rory touched his elbow startling him slightly. “You alright?”

“Yeah,” he nodded. “Just a little nervous I guess.” He looked down at his pants and smoothed a crease in his jeans, before straightening his suede coat. “I never did follow the dress code when I worked here,” he cracked a smile. “I should be wearing a suit, but Jonah Summers is a construction worker. He doesn’t own a suit.”

Will stepped back and studied his daughter. She was wearing a black suit and light blue blouse that matched her eyes, with black high-heeled shoes and dark sunglasses. Her long hair, with a lightened auburn tint from the sun, hung loose down her back, giving her the young look of her 21 years. “You look so grown up,” he mused drawing a piece of wind blown hair away from her face.

“It’ll be okay Dad,” she smiled at him and took off her sunglasses squinting slightly in the sun. “I’ll be with you. They just need to talk to you about Mom, about what you know after she left LA, to see if any of it applies to some events occurring now.”

“It’s not the questioning I’m worried about.”

“Oh, it’s Jack… my grandfather isn’t it?”

Will confirmed her suspicion with a slight nod of his head. “He, most of all. I kept his granddaughter away from him for twenty years,” he added with a shrug of his shoulders.

“You were only doing what she wanted; he can’t fault you for that.”

“That doesn’t mean he’ll agree with what I did…”

“I know I asked you to come back with me, but Dad, if this really isn’t what you want…”

“Stop,” Will interrupted her, holding his finger to her lips. “It’s time for this to end. You are my daughter and wherever you are is where I want to be.” He framed her face with his hands and kissed the crown of her forehead. “Jonah was an illusion. He was just a made up guy that I needed to be. My name is William D. Tippin, and you are Aurora Francine Bristow.”

“Tippin,” she added. “Aurora Bristow-Tippin.”

Will slung his arm around Rory’s shoulders as they walked up the steps to the main entrance. “You really are your mother’s daughter,” he said softly. He glanced sideways at her. “What I’m really looking forward to is seeing Zack again.” A mischievous smile played across his lips.

“Dad, you can’t,” Rory stopped short instantly alarmed.

“What,” he asked innocently, pressing the button for the elevator? “I just want to know what his intentions are toward my daughter.” Will turned to look at her surprised at the almost look of fear displayed across her face. “Ror, I’m kidding; your secret is safe with me, just as long as you’re careful.”

For a moment, Rory just stared at him with only one thought running through her mind. He knew. Somehow, her father knew that she’d been with Zack the night before. Of course, the thought was ludicrous as she soon realized. There was no possible way that her father knew just what she’d been up to the night before, or rather with whom.

Rory cast a sideways glance at her father as they rode the elevator to the ninth floor. She took his hand squeezing it gently, though not quite sure who she was trying to reassure more her father or herself.

The elevator doors opened in an agonizingly slow process. Just as Rory expected, Dixon waited.

The usually stern Director allowed a smile to grace his face and he extended his hand to Will. “It’s good to see you, Will.”

Will shook his hand, quite surprised at the warm reception he received. A quick glance to his left where he saw a much older Jack Bristow waiting, told him that not all receptions would be this way.

“Agent Summers, I need to speak with your father regarding matters which supersede your clearance level. I have scheduled a briefing for later this afternoon.”

“Yes sir,” she nodded quickly and gave her father’s hand one last squeeze before releasing it and watching him follow Dixon into the conference room. As the door closed, she got a quick glimpse of those who were already in the room and it included, Agent Weiss and Agent Vaughn.

“Hey Beautiful,” came a very soft whisper from behind her ear and she turned around.

Zack was standing close to her, a little too close for being at work, but neither wanted to step away.

“Hi. I missed you,” she adds softly.

“Missed you too.” Zack suppressed the urge to take her hand and squeeze it. Of course, what he really wanted to do was out of the question and that included even a simple kiss. He turned and walked toward their desks. He sat in his chair and Rory lifted herself onto the edge of his desk crossing her legs in front of him.

Zack eyed her endlessly long legs quickly. He’d never been much of legman, at least not until he met her. His eyes met hers and he realized she knew exactly what she was doing. A small little smirk escaped her lips as she swung her legs, re-crossing them and brushing one ankle against his knees as she did so.

“You are so cruel,” he said softly.

“I know.” She said it without smiling, though it took everything in her not to.

Zack reached for a file next to her leg. He deliberately dragged his index finger along her thigh in an agonizingly slow movement.

Rory closed her eyes for a moment and looked away. “That was mean,” she stated, finally looking back at him.

Zack grinned. “Payback’s a bit*ch, ain’t it?”

Rory rolled her eyes and slid off his desk. She went around the other side to hers and dragged her chair and a stack of files over to his desk. “What are we working on?” she asked.

”Nothing,” he shrugged.

“What do you mean nothing?”

“Exactly that. They didn’t give me anything new since you left yesterday. My dad and Vaughn have been in meetings with Dixon, almost the entire time. I think something else is going on, we might find out in the briefing later, so nothing to do now.”

“Well I can think of a whole lot of things to do. Though I highly doubt they’d be appreciated,” Rory added with a sly smile.

“Your mind is seriously in the gutter today.”

“I’m blaming it on you and last night,” she said softly. “And don’t tell me yours isn’t in the gutter too!”

“Yeah well, I wouldn’t lie to you.”

“Of course not.” Rory pulled her chair a little closer to his desk deciding to get down to business and review their cases. “Did you make any progress in the Vasquez murders in Argentina?”

Slightly disappointed at Rory’s change in attitude, Zack tried not to let it show as he searched his stack of files and located the correct one. “Yes. We connected it to the Columbian Cartel and Robert Constacia, but that was where it ended.

“What about Vasquez’ PDA? Did tech ops crack the password?”

“Yes, but everything is encoded. Mitchell says he can do it, but it’ll just take some time, probably a few more days.

“Well then I guess I sure didn’t miss a lot,” she said sarcastically and leaned back in her chair. Although it was good the criminals were taking a break and they didn’t have any new cases, it did make life at the CIA rather dull.

The rest of the morning passed uneventfully for Zack and Rory but for Will Tippin it was a slightly different story.

He’d spent all morning behind closed doors with Dixon, Jack, Weiss and Vaughn, recounting his story from the day Sydney showed up on his doorstep with their six month old daughter while he was in witness protection to the day before when he’d found out that Rory was a part of the CIA. Surprisingly no one seemed to be angry with him, well with the exception of Jack that was. Even Vaughn treated him like an old friend who had just lost touch for a short while. Jack however, had good cause; Rory was the only thing that remained of his own daughter.

Will was on the run since Sydney died. Once he’d received word that she’d been killed, he’d grabbed their then eight-month-old daughter and left the country going first to France, then Italy, Germany, Austria and finally Switzerland, never staying in the same country for more than three months. Each country brought a new identity for father and daughter, courtesy of an old contact of Sydney’s. Once they’d moved back to the States when Rory was two, they became Rachel “Rory” Summerville and David Summerville.

Rory’s name was always similar to the name her mother had given her as not to confuse her. From then on, they’d kept the same identities until Rory reached the age of six and they’d made the final change. Will had kept them moving every few months until Rory entered kindergarten in case anyone had been trying to find them. Only once had someone found them, at least Will had been sure that Irina Derevko had.

Rory had come home from school one day and announced that of all the six year olds in her first grade class, only she had been chosen for a special enrichment class. He’d checked it out thoroughly and been satisfied that the class was legitimate and in operation in all the other schools in the district. Twice a week Rory joined three other kids from the other first grade class for advanced math and language help. A month later, Rory began telling him about a dark haired pretty lady named Laura who came in to help in the class and asked about Rory and her dad.

The next afternoon his instincts told him to check up on Rory at school and through the open door he’d caught sight of a much older version of the Laura Bristow he’d seen in old photographs of Sydney’s. That night he awakened his sleeping daughter from her bed and barefoot, still dressed in her pajamas and clutching her teddy bear, she’d watched as her father set fire to their house. That night the world believed that David and Rachel “Rory” Summerville burned to death in their beds and Jonah and Aurora Summers were born.

From then on, they moved every six months or so out of precaution, but still kept the same identity and they never had a problem again.

“Do you have any information on Derevko’s current whereabouts?” Jack finally spoke after remaining silent since the start of the interview.

“No,” he shook his head. “I can’t even be a hundred percent certain that it was her. Rory was never alone with her and I never met her myself. I only saw her through the door.” Will took a sip of water and looked at Jack. “Rory said that Irina killed Sydney?”

“Yes,” Jack nodded emotion vacant from his face. “From what we were able to gather Sydney went rogue after she gave Aurora to you. She was investigating something to do with her mother. Irina put out a hit on her and Sydney was killed.”

“How could she?” Will asked incredulously. “Sydney was her daughter.”

“Derevko’s motives have always been her own, but I imagine Sydney threatened her for some reason.”

“When Sydney brought Rory to me, someone was following her and I left Witsec immediately. Sydney had given us new identities and the name of her contact. I took Rory to Vermont. Once I found out Sydney was gone, I was sure someone might come after us, well, Rory anyways. Sydney had seemed so concerned that they would come after Rory, though I don’t suppose I understood her paranoia. I’m not sure that I believed her entirely though I did what she asked, and I guess she was right.”

“Why did you change your identities back to Aurora and Jonah the last time?” Dixon asked referring to Aurora’s real first and middle name and Jonah, the name Will had taken when he entered Witsec.

“I don’t know,” he shrugged. “I decided not to go with Sydney’s contact that had helped us before incase he had been turned…in case he gave up our location to Derevko. I went with an old contact I obtained when I was an analyst. I guess I just hoped it would be the last time. I was running out of names for Rory and she was beginning to get curious, to remember things. Maybe the most obvious was the least obvious.” Will set his hands palm down on the table. “I picked Katherine Johnson for Sydney for old time’s sake I guess.”

“That was stupid,” Vaughn said bluntly. “You were lucky. Luck is all that prevented Derevko from finding you again.”

“Well we were lucky,” Will shrugged off Vaughn’s comment. “But Rory’s here, with me, and that’s all that matters. She said you saved her life,” his gaze cast back to Jack. “Thank you.”

“She saved mine,” he replied nonchalantly as if either act was a common occurrence.

Will nodded quickly and accepted the fact that Jack Bristow was never a man to give or accept praise easily. He changed the subject quickly. “Who is after my daughter?”

“That subject is off limits,” Jack’s voice, with an edge of animosity, declared that there was no point in arguing further, but that didn’t prevent Will from trying.

“She’s my daughter, Jack.”

“You are not cleared to be in this building and any information regarding current cases is confidential regardless of your connection to an employee.” His voice rose in degree of sound and in anger. Jack Bristow was not accustomed to such disregard for his authority.

“Then reinstate me!”

Will’s fist came down hard on the table and Weiss jumped slightly in his seat. This was a new Will Tippin, not the one he remembered from all those years ago. His years spent as Jonah, David, Sam, Robert and all his other alias’ had turned him from the pacifist Weiss remembered, into the angry man who stood before them today.

“Rory is my daughter and I intend to do whatever I need to keep her safe.”

Jack recognized the determination in Will Tippin’s eyes. Every man in the room did and he knew it would be useless to prevent Will’s reinstatement, but more productive to encourage and help it along. “We will discuss your future with the agency at a later time,” Jack responded briskly and showed Will two photographs. “Do you recognize either of these men?” he asked.

Will studied each one closely, his eyes crinkling up in the corners as he squinted at the pictures. Finally, he pushed them back to Jack with a shake of his head. “They both look pretty average to me, could be anyone.”

Jack took note of Will’s self-restraint to inquire about exactly whom the men were and decided that it was time to end the lengthy interview. Knowing Rory as he did, he knew his granddaughter would be beside herself with worry at how long it was taking and Tippin was exhausted.

“Tippin?” Jack called his name and waited until the others had left before finally glancing up at him and speaking. “Have you given any thought to reconnecting with your family?”

“A lot actually,” he admitted. “But as much as I might want to see them, I don’t think it’s the best idea. I don’t want to put them in any danger.”

“Good, then we agree.” Jack stood and gathered his files.

“How are they? If you know?” Will asked casually not really expecting any information.

“They’re good,” Jack shrugged. He seemed a little uncomfortable but it didn’t dissuade him from giving an accurate response. “Your parents retired and they both moved to LA a few years after you left. Your sister has been married three times, though this last one has been the longest, nine years.”

“Why doesn’t that surprise me,” he smiled slightly still very aware of the pain he had gone through when he’d left his family to enter Witsec. His family had thought for the last twenty odd years that he was dead; to change that knowledge now could destroy whatever chance they might have.

Jack noticed Rory waiting anxiously outside the conference room and called her in.

“So how did it go?” she asked nervously, feeling the awkward tension in the room.

“Just fine,” Will shrugged and gave her hand a reassuring squeeze.

Jack cleared his throat before speaking. “Your father will be applying for a reinstatement, providing he passes the psych evaluations, I see no reason why he won’t be returning to analysis within a few days.”

“What?” Rory asked shocked at what she was hearing. “Dad, are you sure you want to do that?”

“As sure about anything as I’ve ever been.” Will resisted the urge to tuck a lock of stray hair behind his daughter’s ear, an action he’d done since she was a child but at that moment in front of Jack, it seemed quite inappropriate. “It’s time Rory, just like you said, time to move on.”

Rory nodded and looked across at Jack. “Is he free?” she asked. “I want to take him to lunch, you too.”

“He is yes,” Jack nodded and picked up his files. “Thank you for the invitation, but I have some business I need to take care of, another time perhaps.”

“Sure,” she nodded. “Will you be at the briefing this afternoon?”

“Yes,” Jack nodded, walking toward the door. “Mr. Tippin, I’ll need to see you this afternoon for your psych evaluation. Until the results of those become available you will have access to this facility under level 1 security clearance, no computer access, and you will need to log in an out with security.” Jack gave them both a slight nod of his head before leaving the room.

“Will Zack be joining us?” Will asked casually and tucked an arm around her waist giving her a quick hug.

“No, he has a meeting,” she said softly hoping the disappointment she felt wasn’t evident in her voice. “Dad, has he always been like that? Has he always been so cold?”

“Jack… your grandfather is a difficult man,” Will explained a while later as they sat drinking coffee on a park bench after finishing lunch at an outdoor café. “I don’t believe that he’s known a lot of happiness in his life. When your mom was young, before her mother died, I believe he was happy, but Irina Derevko’s betrayal left him distant, suspicious, and hurt beyond what even I could imagine.

“He wasn’t a horrible father to your mom. He was never neglectful at meeting her basic needs and providing for her wants, but emotionally he never connected with her. I was always close with my family and it hurt me to see your mom like that. Even at our graduation, he didn’t seem happy for her. I’m sure he was though, even if he didn’t show it.”

“Were they ever close?”

“Not like you and I,” Will shook his head in response, “but in their own way, after Sydney learned the truth about SD-6, they did have some sort of relationship.

“I wish she was here,” Rory said softly studying some college age students playing a terrible game of Frisbee.

“I do too.” Will squeezed her hand and then tapped her cheek with his finger asking her to look at him. As she turned to face him, he could see the tears threatening to spill from her eyes. “Your mom would be so proud of you.”

“Even though I joined the agency?”

“Especially so, though I doubt she’d ever admit it,” he added with a grin. His tone turned serious moments later. “Being an agent is probably the hardest job anyone could have. Not because of the risks you take, or the dangerous people you are up against, but because you are asked to compromise your beliefs, your opinions, yourself, for the sake of your country.” Will hesitated slightly not entirely sure if he wanted to go in this direction but he chose to do so, figuring it was better to be honest.

“Rory, I know what your job entails, what kinds of things you do to get it done. I saw your mom in action, I know what she did, and I believe Vaughn when he says that you’re just as good as she was. I know you are, because you are just like your mother. The fire, determination, loyalty…you have always taken after your mother more than me. Maybe that’s what scares me.”

“What do you mean?”

“I know the lengths your mom went to for her job, the things that she did and I won’t lie by saying that I wanted you to sacrifice yourself in that way. You’re still so young. At the end of the day, no matter how many bad guys are left standing, it’s still just a job and you’re still my daughter. I don’t want to see you lose yourself.”

“Dad, I know you’re worried but I won’t…”

“You can’t promise me that Rory. This job will consume every fiber of your life; every action you take will be dictated by what they ask of you. Not every choice you have will ever be truly a choice. It’s not even so much a job, but a way of life. You may not see it now, but I do already. I may not like it, in fact, it kills me that you’re in it, but I respect that you made a choice and this life is what you chose. I’d never ask you to give it up. I can’t protect you from it anymore, but I’d never ask you to choose between it and me. You’re my daughter Aurora, and I love you.”

Rory discreetly wiped her eyes and swallowed hard. She was feeling slightly relieved, but even more so guilty that she was putting her father through this. He had sacrificed everything to keep her safe for so many years and she was literally throwing it in his face despite his statement that he would never ask her to choose.

“There’s something I’ve been wondering, about you and mom,” she began her voice unsteady with apprehension. “I always thought you were married, but… I guess not, did you…? I mean do you…”

“Did I love her?” Will took a deep breath and let it out slowly allowing him a few brief moments to gather his thoughts. He had been expecting this question for quite some time.

“I won’t lie to you Rory, your mom and I were only together one time,” he said honestly, “and that was when you were conceived.” Will wrapped her into a brief hug and kissed the top of her head. “I remember literally word for word what I said to her when I found out what she did and what SD-6 was. She was like you, so afraid that the lies and the deception were too much and that I’d never talk to her again. She was angry that I hadn’t listened when she told me to leave SD-6 alone. I didn’t blame her for that of course but I said to her, “I don't love you because of what you do, or what you don't do. I just love you.””

“But… you weren’t in love with her?”

“No,” he shook his head sadly. “There was a point that I thought I was, but I soon realized that I wasn’t. Your mom was my best friend. I couldn’t ask for more than that.”

“I guess I’m just like any kid whose parents aren’t together,” she laughed slightly. “Thinking that their parents loved each other and had things been different they would have been together. Other things make sense now; I see things that I didn’t before. You always told me how much you loved my mom and I never doubted it.” She gave him a half-hearted smile and stared down at her fingernails as she spoke. “What I wasn’t listening to, or maybe didn’t want to believe was how you were saying it. You always said you loved her, but you never said you were in love with her.”

“Just because I wasn’t with Sydney, does not mean that either she or I loved you any different. You were her world, and leaving you with me, though it was the right thing to do, it broke her heart.”

“Thank you.” Rory turned on the bench and gave her father a hug. “Thank you for telling me about her.” They sat in silence, watching the Frisbee game played across the field.

xxxxxx

The man frowned as he examined at a carved indent in the mahogany wood of the desk. It would have to be replaced, as a repair would not be worth the hassle. His pant legs swished quietly as he walked round it and sat in the executive leather chair and crossed his arms over his chest waiting.

“Didn’t expect to see you so soon.” His associate entered the room and quickly shut the door behind him.

“Have too much time on your hands?” the man commented. “Been playing with knives?”

“It’s just a desk, mate, it can be replaced.”

”A very expensive desk need I remind you. However, a damaged desk is the least of our worries about the moment.” He waited until his associate had seated as well before passing him a file. “I received this information from a contact in LA.”

The associate quickly skimmed the report his eyes widening, “you’re sure?”

The man swirled his drink a few times before draining the amber liquid from a glass. “I completely doubt Will Tippin came to LA for a social call. They know who she is, or at least she does,” he said referring to Rory. “This changes things.”

“Well that’s a bloody understatement.” The associate poured himself a glass of scotch and downed it quickly.

“We have to assume that they know,” the man began. “Taking her now won’t give us anything. With this new information, she’ll be off her guard.” He tapped a pen lightly as he thought. “We’re moving our timetable up. They may identify us sooner than we thought…if they haven’t already. We’re skipping phase two and continuing directly to phase three.”

“She’ll contact him that soon?” The associate asked curiously.

“She won’t be able to help herself. “ The man’s smile widened as he leaned back in his chair, a sinister glint in his eyes. “All we have to do is just sit back and wait for her to make the first move.

She doesn’t stand a chance!”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Below is a sneak peak at Absolution, which is the sequel to my first Alias Fic Redemption. Just click on my screen name to read Redemption if you’re interested. To my Redemption readers here is a little excerpt from Absolution, hope you like it. I had wanted to include a bit on Kat but I couldn’t otherwise it would give everything away. But here’s a little on Jack.

Jack took a sip of his scotch and swirled the amber liquid in his glass during the early morning hour. Every contact he had spoken with had no knowledge of any Covenant activity following Kat’s abduction which was leading him to believe that The Covenant was not at all responsible for her disappearance. His contacts also had no knowledge of the whereabouts of Julian Sark or Irina Derevko and it seemed likely that one or the other, or both were repsonsible for Katarina’s abduction and Jack wasn’t sure if that reassured him or concerned him.

The CIA’s investigation of Katarina as the mole garnered more evidence and Jack’s private investigation to prove otherwise failed to find any new information to further its cause. The only evidence they had was Marshall’s video tape, which wasn’t good enough. Whoever had implicated his daughter had covered their tracks well.

Jack dipped his finger in the glass and lifted it to his lips, reminding him of the habit his daughter had never broke.

Despite living with him or Sydney for as long as she had and establishing trust, whenever she was served a beverage that either she hadn’t poured herself or she hadn’t opened from a sealed can or bottle, she always dipped her finger for a taste test. The habit had been left over from her days as a foster child living with numerous alcoholic parents. Although Jack had hoped the habit would have been broken now he was painfully aware that he or rather his drinking was most likely the reason for its continuance. He set the glass down on the table determined not to finish it. He had made a valid attempt at his daughter’s request to stop excessive drinking and he was determined to continue it.

Jack’s eyes were drawn over to the chessboard, which had been left in mid-game. It was his turn. He studied the board for several moments before making his move.

“Your turn sweetheart,” she whispered softly before turning off the light and heading to bed.

Awww! Cute chapter. Poor Will. He actually believes that Rory is his daughter doesn't he? Nevermind... :D

Who's after Rory? Hmmm

Redemption sequel?!!! When you post it, can you post a recap of the last few chapters cos i can't really remember what happened. Thanks.

amisha
xxx

Awww! Cute chapter. Poor Will. He actually believes that Rory is his daughter doesn't he? Nevermind... :D

Who's after Rory? Hmmm

Redemption sequel?!!! When you post it, can you post a recap of the last few chapters cos i can't really remember what happened. Thanks.

amisha
xxx

Hi Amisha,
you are so cute, you are so determined that Will not be Rory's father, I hate to disapoint you, ah well lol

Yes when the sequel is posted I will be posting the chapter summaries as well as the full final chapter of Redemption to jog everyone's memories since well it's been a year, sadly it has lol
Thanks for reading
Erin

OK even if I edited it, I'm still waiting on pins and needles. BUT, I think I know the who the two evil men are talking about at the end of the latest episode. -_-

and preview...wow, I'd better be editing this one too. :D

:cool:

Illusion of Sin
Part 14: The Promise

Rory held the door open for her father as they both entered the briefing room. Will had spent nearly three hours with Jack in a seemingly endless round of tests and questions for his psych evaluation. Finally, Dixon had Will’s security clearance reinstated and he returned to his status as an analyst assigned to work with Zack and Rory on their team. It was surprising at how quickly everything had happened, though logical considering the pull both Jack and Dixon possessed within the agency.

“Dad,” Rory touched his arm bringing his attention to her. “There’s someone I want you to meet.”

“His initials wouldn’t be Z.W. would they?” Will whispered teasingly in her ear as they walked towards him.

“Be nice.” She whispered back. “Dad, I want you to meet a friend of mine, this is my partner Zack Weiss.” Rory began the introduction hoping for the best, though she was sure her father would like Zack just as much as he did his father. “Zack, this is my dad Will Tippin.”

“It’s great to finally meet you Sir. Rory talks about you all the time.”

Will shook Zack’s outstretched hand firmly. “All good things I hope,” he said with a laugh. “It’s nice to see you again Zack, though you are quite a bit older than I remember”

“All good things of course,” Zack reassured him with a smile.

The two sat down at the table with Rory between them and the two men quickly lapsed into an easy conversation as Zack brought Will up to date on the LA Kings.

“Will, if I’m not mistaken, you still owe me twenty bucks for our bet,” Vaughn interrupted and sat down beside him. “The Kings beat the Leafs for the Stanley Cup, the year you left.”

“Correct,” Will agreed. “But it has been twenty three years. Isn’t there such a thing as faking your death, bet forgiveness?”

“I think we’ll need to discuss it at the game tonight,” Vaughn shrugged good-naturedly. “Kings versus the Red Wings; you in?”

“Sure,” he nodded slowly.

“Good. Weiss is coming too, but apparently, Zack over there has more important things to do than hang out with his uncle and his old man. Makes me wonder what his big plans are.”

“I don’t think I want to know,” Will said knowingly taking a quick glance at Zack and Rory who were deep in conversation.

Vaughn laughed at his comment, quite aware that the thought of Rory and Zack together unsettled Will just as much as it did Weiss. “They seem happy,” he said quietly leaning closer to Will so their conversation wouldn’t be heard. “I’ve never seen Zack look the way he does when he’s with Rory; she makes him happy. It wasn’t easy for either of them to make the decision.”

“Well I guess she has more of her mother in her than I thought, though she has always been circumstantial about rules. When she was little, she always did what she thought was right regardless of the consequences.”

Vaughn smiled at Will’s reference to Sydney when she’d gone against the rules to be with him. “She’s a good kid Will,” Vaughn said softly. “You did a good job with her.”

”Thanks, but Vaughn, if things had been different… well, I wish you hadn’t found out about her the way you did.”

“It was a long time ago Will.” Vaughn turned in his chair to face the other man. “I loved Sydney, and she’s been gone a long time, but I still miss her. I don’t have anything against you or her. Rory is the best of Sydney and of you. I won’t lie by saying it didn’t hurt when I found out about Rory, it did. I wish she’d have come to me before she left, but Sydney did what she needed to do to keep her daughter safe and she did what was right for her, and for Rory. She made the right decision.”

Will nodded his thanks, finding that words wouldn’t come easily. The thing he feared the most about coming back to LA, wasn’t Jack or facing the CIA; it was Vaughn. Facing Vaughn and knowing that he was not the father of Sydney’s child when rightfully he should have been was difficult. When Sydney left LA, she’d done so with only a quick goodbye to Vaughn and with her, she carried the secret that she was pregnant with another man’s child. As she later told Will, leaving Vaughn and not telling him the truth nearly broke her heart. She was pregnant with Will’s child, but her heart was with Vaughn.

Weiss and Marshall were the last to enter and once they were there, Dixon began the briefing by officially welcoming Will back to the CIA and to their team.

“Alright let’s begin,” Dixon typed a few commands into his computer and an image appeared on the computer screens. “Agent Summ- Rory,” he said finally. “We now know who is after you and who Byron Richards, Andrei Slother and the shooter in Paris were working for.

Rory looked up at the screen in which a picture of their mystery shooter in Paris was displayed. “Who is it?”

“It’s The Tryst.” Jack answered. “They are a relatively quiet organization. They deal mostly in weapons, drugs, blackmail, and trading military secrets, but were responsible for several terrorist bombings over the last six years.”

“Who is that?” Will asked, nodding to the projection screen.

“Rory and I were on assignment in Paris,” Zack explained. “We were sent to retrieve information on The Tryst during a party and everything was going fine until a shooter opened fire in the middle of the ballroom. It was that man. He killed seven innocent people and grabbed Rory. He knew our names, knew exactly who we were. He took the information and let us go.”

“Do you know who he is?”

“His name is Daniel James.” Jack answered.

“That doesn’t sound familiar at all,” Zack said. “Should it?”

“No,” Dixon shook his head. “However, it did lead us to who we think one of the leaders of the organization is. Daniel James is twenty-eight years old. His mother Moira James was killed in an automobile accident when he was eleven and he spent much of his life at a boarding school in Edinburgh.”

“What’s his connection to The Tryst?” Rory asked.

“His father is Simon Walker.” Jack stated.

“Simon Walker?” Vaughn asked incredulously. “The Simon Walker you killed?”

“Recent evidence has confirmed that Simon Walker is in fact alive.” Jack changed the picture on the computer screens to one of Walker. “This was taken two days ago in Mexico City.”

“They just keep coming back and procreating themselves,” Vaughn sighed and slapped his file shut.

“Who is Simon Walker?” Rory asked unaware of the history he held with the agency.

“Rory, you told us that Andrei Slother said his boss wanted to settle an old score,” Dixon began. “That old score was likely to do with your mother. Sydney went undercover in his group in order to stop them from obtaining a biological weapon. When Walker found out she was CIA and that Jack who had just made a deal with him was her father, he tried to kill Jack, but he shot him first.”

“I wasn’t able to stay long enough to ensure he was dead,” Jack finished.

“So Walker’s behind all of it?” Weiss asked, noting that Jack and Dixon had left out the parts about Sydney’s alias being Julia Thorne, and stabbing Vaughn. “Taking Rory, surveilling her, turning Richards and Andrei Slother.”

“I don’t believe he’s in it alone,” Jack shook his head. “Walker doesn’t have the drive to take it to this level; there is someone else above him, but who… we don’t know.”

“Who would carry a grudge for twenty years, it’s just... sad,” Rory’s voice trailed off as she gazed at the picture of Simon Walker on the screen. “To exact revenge using me,” Rory turned to face Jack. “It just doesn’t make any sense.”

“It makes perfect sense Aurora,” Jack responded and began to help his granddaughter fit the pieces together in her mind. “You are a good agent, descended from one of the best I have ever had the pleasure of working with. I’m not saying that because she was my daughter, I’m saying it because it is the truth. The revenge Simon Walker is seeking would be against me; to turn an agent against me and then learn that she was my granddaughter; it’s the ultimate revenge.”

“Do they know that we know?” Will asked.

“It’s possible,” Dixon answered. “However, at this point, we don’t know anything for sure.”

Will stood and walked towards the screen studying the picture of Simon Walker as he processed the information he had learned. This man was responsible for endangering the life of his daughter. He turned back to the others. “How do we get him?”

~ ~ ~

The dawn is breaking
A light shining through
You’re nearly waking
And I’m tangled up in you

I’m open, you’re closed
Where I follow, you’ll go
I worry I won’t see your face
Light up again

Zack rolled onto his side and reached across the bed to find that Rory wasn’t there. He sat up slowly listening for a sound from her; there was none. Her clothes were still scattered about his bedroom in the various places they had been tossed. Slipping on a pair of boxers, he stood and padded down the hallway. The apartment held an eerie silence that seemed to permeate through his entire body. To him not even the sounds of the ticking clock could be heard.

Zack spotted her as he entered the kitchen. Through the glass patio doors, he saw her, dressed in one of his shirts, sitting on the ground amongst the damp blades of grass. He grabbed a blanket off the couch and slid open the doors.

Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubts that fills my mind
I somehow find
You and I collide

Rory startled slightly as Zack slipped the blanket around her shoulders. “Are you alright?” he asked softly

Rory didn’t respond right away and Zack knelt behind her rubbing her shoulder slightly.

I’m quiet you know
You make a first impression
I’ve found I’m scared to know I’m always on your mind

Rory reached up and gripped his hand before turning her head so she could see him. He could see that despite the tears on her face, her eyes were full of anger.

“She’s going to pay, Zack,” Rory whispered through clenched teeth. “I swear to God, I don’t care how long it takes, or what I have to do.”

Rory eye’s finally met his.

“Irina Derevko is going to pay for murdering my mother.”

Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the stars refuse to shine
Out of the back you fall in time
I somehow find
You and I collide

blackandwhite1.JPG

~ ~ ~

The note said to meet him on the roof; it had been on her desk when she’d arrived that morning.

It had been two long weeks since finding out, she was really Aurora Bristow Tippin and Rory was still trying to come to terms with who she was. Presently, she remained Aurora Summers, and her father Jonah Summers having decided it best not to reclaim their true identities.

Zack seemed agitated as Rory watched him pacing back and forth oblivious to her presence. She took off her sunglasses and brushed the hair from her face tucking it behind her ear. “Hey,” she said softly.

Zack stopped suddenly and came towards her finally realizing that she was there. Rory reached her hand to his cheek and stood on her tiptoes to kiss him, but Zack caught her hand pushing it down.

“What is it? What’s happened?” she asked alarmed.

“I did it,” he whispered softly, his hand falling to his side. “I found her.”

“You found her, found who?” Rory’s eyes grew wide as she realized what Zack was talking about. “You found Irina?”

“I found how to get to her,” Zack answered. He ran a hand through his hair feeling obviously conflicted about what he’d done in order to obtain the information.

“What?”

“I found Julian Sark.”

Like? Hope you enjoyed! Please Review!
Photo Credit: Caterina Scorsone as Rory

Yes indeed...Rory is going after her grandmother! Love it. ;) I'm betting if they ever meet face to face it's going to be Rory who is surprised.
I'm waiting for the next update. ^_^

Whoa! They found her daddy!!!!! :D

Zackand Rory are so cute together. But what did he do to get the info? ooh.

Jack is fab :D Bit bored of Will and Vaughn though. Happy Sarkie is making an entrance. Simon Walker? He's amusing. Terrible english accent. lol. But it was so funny when Jack killed him!

amisha
xxx

Whoa! They found her daddy!!!!! :D

Zackand Rory are so cute together. But what did he do to get the info? ooh.

Jack is fab :D Bit bored of Will and Vaughn though. Happy Sarkie is making an entrance. Simon Walker? He's amusing. Terrible english accent. lol. But it was so funny when Jack killed him!

amisha
xxx

What did he do hmmmmm Zack is such a straight laced by the book kind of guy, at least he was until he met Rory.
Vaughn and Will... yeah they were a little boring you're right, but they gotta talk sometime.
lol Walker did have a bad accent you're right.

glad you liked!
Erin

Yes indeed...Rory is going after her grandmother! Love it. ;) I'm betting if they ever meet face to face it's going to be Rory who is surprised.
I'm waiting for the next update. ^_^

well everything must come back to the beginning (at least in the next chapter)

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! sark is here!!!
.... i thought rory was vaughn's.... isn't that what we agreed???? shouldn't she be vaughn's..... i'm confused.... :smiley:

lol No Rory is not Vaughn's. You just want her to be Vaughn's but she's not. She's Will's daughter. (Well Amisha thinks that she is Sark's daughter, but according to the story and me, she is and has always been Will's daughter.

Back