I'm an ALIAS freak

I love ALIAS, from the minute billboards went up in Sacramento advertising its premier, I was hooked. Asked for the DVD sets for Christmas and spent my entire vacation rewatching every episode (some three and four times). Yadayadayada ...

But, season four is causing me heartache. While I'm ever hopeful that the promise JJ made to us loyalists will eventually come true, I'm fearing that LOST is consuming his creative efforts, leaving us with scraps.

Am I alone?

If not, please read

http://www.medialifemagazine.com/News2005/...4wednesday.html

Here's hoping for originality, twisted plots, another love for Sydney and something more to discuss each Thursday.

I take back what I just said. Ep "Index" just saved season 4. So glad to see a continued undertone, secret goings on etc. Now I feel really guilty, OMG, JJ I'm so sorry. Can you ever forgive me?? LOL

If I were J. J, I wouldn't forgive all you fans out there whinging unnecessarily, just because we've not just been thrown in at the deep-end with needlessly complex, labyrinthe plotting. Season Three did exactly that & ended up a competent, but underwhelming season.

Just stop and think for a second. Do you really think the writers won't deliver on-going plots by the third half of the season?. Have they not in S4 had little moments playing in the background of stand-alones (like the Sentinel thing & the Irina-baby photo)?. Are all of you who are moaning really stopping to appreciate that if J. J hadn't reverted to character development instead of dense plots, ratings may be at an all time low & the show itself would probably be cancelled at the end of Season Four, when now i'd bet that Season Five & probably even Six are very likely to happen?.

My message is: STOP MOANING. Enjoy the show while it's on air & have faith in the best writing/production/acting team on TV of the 21st century.

I will have faith, I will have faith, I will have faith.

You're right, and now I'm finally seeing it with the past two eps. I will only restart my moaning if Nadia loses her ability to be an integral part of the show (and I don't mean running to get toothpaste or accompanying Weiss on a friendly game of bowling). If they're going to share Sydney's spotlight with spy sis, let's make her worthy of that spotlight. She's finally starting to earn her keep ... I hope they continue that with her.

Thanks for your refreshing faith in JJ and the crew.

AJB said:
... we've not just been thrown in at the deep-end with needlessly complex, labyrinthe plotting. Season Three did exactly that & ended up a competent, but underwhelming season.
Well, I would describe it as an incompetent but watchable season, but I get your point. ;)

haha that was great! lol i think the board administrators will even forgive you for double posting :smiley: yay awesome to see your doubts are gone!

Julesters said:
haha that was great! lol i think the board administrators will even forgive you for double posting :smiley: yay awesome to see your doubts are gone!
[post="1252610"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Thanks!! I feel so much better now :D . No more double posting for me. Sorry.

i thought the index was awesome! i actually found myself gasping at certain parts, something that hadn't happened alot recently, the index was like old school alias :D

There were 3 good episodes this season, when judged by S1 and 2 standards. They were Echos, A Man of His Word, and The Index. Everything else was just So-So. And the last episode OMG.. Syd got attacked by a toy helicopter. Need I say more?

Hi there! I do see your point about Season4, sort of. I agree that things are pretty slow and not quite up to the standard of previous seasons at the moment, but I am hoping that will change soon, as promised by JJ and the others in the current Alias mag. Of course that is what they have to say to keep us watching and keep those ratings up, but I am maintaining the Pollyanna attitude on this one, I guess... It's better than being CRUSHED by the idea that Alias will never pick up and be itself again! that would be HORRIBLE!!!!

Hey, I really have to comment on your quote at the bottom of your message! Bring Quentin back! Thanks for saying that because I have also really been hoping and wondering what happened to Mckenas Cole?! The last we saw him in Season3, he was posting Sark and Lauren in North America to run Covenant affairs there, but there hasn't been anything on him since, or have I missed something? What is Cole up to lately? I'd love to see more of that crazy guy!

Zara

lovinsark said:
I love ALIAS, from the minute billboards went up in Sacramento advertising its premier, I was hooked.  Asked for the DVD sets for Christmas and spent my entire vacation rewatching every episode (some three and four times).  Yadayadayada ...

But, season four is causing me heartache.  While I'm ever hopeful that the promise JJ made to us loyalists will eventually come true, I'm fearing that LOST is consuming his creative efforts, leaving us with scraps.

Am I alone?

If not, please read

http://www.medialifemagazine.com/News2005/...4wednesday.html

Here's hoping for originality, twisted plots, another love for Sydney and something more to discuss each Thursday.
[post="1251047"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

well, living in england, i a havent actually seen index yet, tb the episodes iv seen so far are fabulous!! oh well, mayb im just 2 hooked to see nething bad about the show. tho i will say the nocturn was totally wierd.

I kinda agree, I kinda am so-so with Alias. Like, my friend who loved Alias as much as I do gave up on it this year. But i continue to watch it, and have faith in the show. It is a great show with many twists. It may not be as exciting or can't-get-enough of like Season 2, but it's just "normal" alias now. Nothing like OMG exciting, but not dull. It's just a show that is now part of my daily schedule.

yumyum_sark_&_vaughn said:
well, living in england, i a havent actually seen index yet, tb the episodes iv seen so far are fabulous!! oh well, mayb im just 2 hooked to see nething bad about the show. tho i will say the nocturn was totally wierd.
[post="1272627"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Nocturne kicked serious butt, despite its undisputed weirdness!!

out of interest, is kick butt like a good thing? as in syd kicked butt? im not exactly up to date with american idioms. i guess the reason i ddnt like it was because it bordered too much on the relm of fantasy/horror, but i suppose thats what comes from having 2 buffy writers on the taem

yumyum_sark_&_vaughn said:
out of interest, is kick butt like a good thing? as in syd kicked butt?
[post="1273460"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
It is a good thing. Basically it means that "beats the competition" in this context. :lol:

The best episode of the season has been The Index - hands down. While I wouldn't say that any episode has been completely terrible (Reunion is still my least favorite episode), I much prefer other seasons. Maybe things will get better on repeat viewings? I'm still buying the DVDs.

I'm not sold on the whole Nadia thing yet. We'll see what happens.

yes, The Index was good. My least favorite was the epi with the Monte Carlo/boat mission, whatever it was called. my favorite is either apo1 or nocturne or ice, but I agree that this season is not nearly as good as the first 3. There is not one single episode in any of the previous seasons that I don't love, not one, and there are only a couple this season that I love, and the rest I just like, with the exception of one, which I did not enjoy at all.
I thought the Orphan was quite good, though. It's great that we seem to be moving towards learning more about Bill Vaughn's connection to Nadia. I wonder if his "post-mortem" diary entries have anything to do with his Rambaldi interest, and I wonder that woman in Portugal ties into the picture.
Although I think Nadia was very interesting in yesterday's show, I can't help but agree with those who are a little tired of Nadia being the focus of the show. I know it's probably just necessary to build her character in the series, but I care more about the pact, more about what Sark is doing, or if APO will ever use Anna for intel now that they have her in custody. But it was very cool to learn about Nadia's background.

Back