I'm bad at fanfic names - help!

The new, but short Chapter 8 part 1

Chapter 8:

“Vaughn?” She whispered. She looked over at his weak body and bloody shirt. She was in shock. What had happened to him? She wondered, but she knew she would get her answers soon enough; all she knew was that she found Vaughn and he was alive.

She dropped her gun and ran over to him. “Vaughn!” she screamed with a huge smile planted across her face as she ran to him. He saw her face and he was in heaven.

Weiss saw Sydney run in and knew enough that he and the other agents didn’t need to be there. “We should go and secure the perimeter.” He told the other agents and they left.

Vaughn’s eyes went from tired to the most awake he’s ever been. “Sydney!” He screamed with tears in his eyes. She untied him and he stood and they immediately started kissing. Sydney, in full combat gear (minus the headgear) and Vaughn, in combat pants and a blood-stained white T-shirt, stood in the middle of a dark hallway passionately kissing. They couldn’t keep their hands off each other.

In between kisses, Sydney spoke up. “I’ve missed you so much. I thought you were dead.” A tear fell down Sydney’s cheek just thinking of Vaughn being dead, and remembering the time when she thought he was dead; it was unbearable. But he was alive and she was with him. It was all going to be okay.

Vaughn stopped for a minute and thought about something. “I’m so sorry Sydney. You’re what kept me alive.” He said staring right into her eyes with his crooked smile. He was so glad to see her. She was okay. It was all going to be okay.

They went back to their kissing and Sydney started to kiss Vaughn’s neck. She noticed there were bruises all over it.

Just then Weiss walked in. “Whoa!” He screamed, startled at seeing them kissing. “Um, hey Mike…”He tried to wait for them to stop, but they didn’t. “Um, we’re kind of in the middle of an operation.” He continued, trying to hold his laughs in.

“Um, yeah.” He said, and then started to leave, but was he was in the laughing mood, so he came back. “YOU GUYS WANT TO HELP?!” He yelled. Sydney and Vaughn finally broke apart and stared at each other, waiting for the other to talk.

“Hey, Eric I know we’re on an Op, and I’m sure you’ll do an amazing job.” Vaughn said and laughed at Weiss. Weiss just chuckled to himself and left.

Sydney and Vaughn continued to stare at each other. Sydney noticed the blood on his shirt and immediately put her hand over the wound. He flinched for a second then took her hand and squeezed it. She started to cry. “Does it hurt a lot?” she said over sobs.

“Not anymore, now that I’m with you.” He said with a smile, cheering her up. She smiled in return and it took all her will power not to bawl like a baby right then and there.

Suddenly, a sharp pain came in Sydney’s stomach. She immediately dropped her hand from Vaughn’s and held onto her stomach with both hands. “Ow….” She cried. Vaughn was scared because he wasn’t sure what was going on.

“Sydney, what’s wrong?” He asked, frowning sounding very nervous.

“I don’t know. My stomach, it hurts, it feels so weird. Wait.” She paused. “Now it’s gone. The pain, it’s gone.” She finished, feeling relieved the pain was gone. She took a very deep breath.

Vaughn was also relieved, but still concerned about what it was. He thought for a minute. He put his hand on her stomach and kept it there. Sydney put her hand over his. They both closed their eyes. “Ow, there it is again!” Sydney proclaimed. Except this time, she knew what the pain was – her baby was kicking.

Vaughn kept his hand on her stomach for a few minutes, feeling the warmth and life of his child. This was the first time he realized that she/he was his and Sydney’s child and that he was going to be a father. He couldn’t take it anymore; he broke down and started crying in front of Sydney. Sydney saw his tears and his smile, and started crying herself. They were going to be parents and have a child to call their own. She couldn’t wait.

She wiped the tears from Vaughn’s cheeks and kissed him on the lips. They both smiled.
Sydney jumped again because of the baby’s kicks, but they continued kissing.

Vaughn held onto her stomach and felt the kicks of his baby girl.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

sooo cute! thanks for the pm...please, post more soon!!!

That was so sweet! You are such an amazing writer, that scene was just I can't even put it into words! Great job hun, please post more soon, I can't wait :woot: I love your story so much (y)

Lauren :angelic:

Chapter 8 Continued:

LA, CIA Briefing Room:

Jack, Kendall, Weiss, Sydney, and a bruised Vaughn sat around a table, discussing the events of the last few days.

“So Agent Vaughn, you were kept hostage by Mr. Sark with Agent Bristow, yet Agent Bristow was let go. Why?” Kendall began the meeting, wasting no time.

Sydney jumped in, wanting to give Vaughn all the credit he deserved, “Vaughn sacrificed himself for me. He gave himself to Sark so I could be let go.” She said looking at him with a teary face. He, in response was trying to keep a smile on his face, when all he wanted to do was throw his chair back and hug and kiss her.

“How did he make the illusion of killing you?” Jack asked softly, noticing Sydney and Vaughn’s looks towards each other.

“I was lead into a room and Sark repeatedly told if I didn’t go along with him I wouldn’t see Sydney again. We yelled for a while and he then shot the wall and put the gun to my head to be quiet. I wanted to yell, but I knew that if I did I wouldn’t be able to see Sydney if I did. They tied me to a chair and Sark stayed with me in the room most of the time.” He finished, looking down at his folded hands.

“What was Sark doing in the room?” Sydney asked Vaughn.

“Mostly talking on the phone.” He answered.

“To who?” Kendall asked.

“I don’t know, but he made a lot of references to ‘the plan has changed’ and ‘they are no longer with us’, which I assume is Sloane and Derevko.”

“Are you saying that he’s no longer in alliance with Sloane and Derevko?” Kendall asked, with a worried tone.

“Actually, I’m sure he’s not. He asked me to tell the CIA that he could help us find and take them down. He also said they betrayed him and he need to get rid of them just as much as we do.” Vaughn answered confidently.

“How can we trust a word he says?” Jack said, knowing not to trust him.

“He did let me go. He seemed like he was upset. He was by himself, with only a couple guys. Sloane and Derevko weren’t there. I think they had no more use for him, and he truly wants to help us.” Vaughn said with a sympathic yet serious tone.

“We don’t have a way to be sure, but we’ll go along with him if he calls. We could use the help to finally be rid of Sloane and Derevko.” Jack said coldly.

“And what if he doesn’t call?” Sydney asked very nervous.

“Then I guess we’ll have to find them on their own.” Kendall replied and got up to leave. Jack got up and left as well.

Weiss, Vaughn and Sydney were left sitting in the room. Vaughn spoke up, “So Weiss, I hear you played the big guy yesterday.” He said with a chuckle.

“Yea, I was the leader. Everyone had to answer to me, even Sydney here. It was great!” He said with pride and got up.

“It’s good to see you back buddy.” Weiss said as he left and padded Vaughn on the shoulder.

“Yes, it’s good to be back.” Vaughn said as he turned and faced Sydney. “So what do you say we go home?” He said coolly with a smile.

“No, I got to stay here and work.” She replied with a frown.

“No you don’t, I’ve cleared the rest of the day with your dad. You’ve got the day off.” He said in a satisfied tone.

“You just think of everything don’t you?” She said with a huge smile, standing up.

“I guess so.” He said as they left the room and the building.

~~~~

Most of the car ride home, Sydney was silent. “Why did you do that?” She spoke up, no longer having a smile on her face.

“Do what?” Vaughn replied, keeping his eyes on the road.

“Give yourself for me. Why did you do that? I would have been okay,” She said, looking at her lap, trying to keep her tears in.

Vaughn’s smile also faded. “I wanted you to keep our baby safe. There’s no guarantee that Sark wouldn’t have done something to you. It was the only way to keep you safe.” He said looking at her for as long as he could with a slight smile, trying to cheer her up.

“But what about you? What about you being safe? I need you Vaughn. Without you, I’m nothing.” She said with a teary face. “You should have seen me when I got back from Germany. I couldn’t sleep. I saw you die. I was lost.”

“I’m so sorry that I couldn’t be there with you. I was just looking out for you and our child. I can’t let anything happen to you two. You are the only people that matter to me. I can’t lose you. I would be nothing.” He said with several tears in his eyes. They both were silent for few minutes so they could cry.

Vaughn took one of his hands off the steering wheel and locked it in one of Sydney’s. She squeezed it hard and looked at him with a smile. He returned the smile and gazed into her eyes. He felt so much love for Sydney. He was truly in heaven when he was with her.

They pulled up to a red light and Vaughn’s cell phone rang. On the other end was a voice that was far too familiar to him.

aww that was sweet...except for the last sentence!! ugh just wait sark..just wait!! alrighty great chap and hope you poat more real soon!! :D

Oh dude, this chapter was great. You know, I am runing out of words to tell you how good your flick is. I love the scene when Sydney asks Vaughn why he risked his life, you write it so sweet! Great update, I love it. I can't wait, who is it, is it Sark? It's Sark! Write more soon, and thanks for the pm! :D (y) :woot: (y) :smiley:

Lauren :angelic:

Great job, Claire!! This is sooo sweet!! Just wait until I get my hands on Sark!! He's gonna wish he was never alive!!!!! I HATE HIM!!! :angry: :Ph34r: :angry:

Back