I'm just curious, folks!

Amazon Prime is my guilty pleasure. Someone needs to start a 12 step program for Amazon addiction. I, of course, would fail miserable but smile while doing it. :D
So... dredging up an old thread but this seemed like the best spot to rant about it...

Amazon Prime changed their policies and you can't add any email address to share your Prime shipping benefits anymore! Ggggrrrr. :( You used to be able to have up 4 accounts configured to share the Prime shipping but now they've changed it to a "Family Program" and you can only add one additional adult and any child accounts you add need to use one of the payment methods on file instead of their own (so you can't even add somebody else as a "child" and let them use their own credit card & shipping address like you could before). Grrrrrrr.

I know this is an old thread but want to address 2 points.

As for logging in, I only do that from home where I can respond easily if I want to post. I can visit on my phone at lunch but I don't like using my phone to post. It's that simple.

As for Amazon, I just found out yesterday that if you are a Prime member you're not allowed to review anything until you've reached a certain amount in purchases. It's not a lot but seems a bit greedy to me. Maybe it's a security measure, I have no idea.

As for logging in, I only do that from home where I can respond easily if I want to post. I can visit on my phone at lunch but I don't like using my phone to post. It's that simple.
Not sure if this was meant for a different thread but you're always welcome to visit when & how you want. :smiley: Posting from phones should be a little bit easier these days but I also prefer typing on my desktop over my phone, especially when it comes to doing stuff like quoting or copying & pasting.

As for Amazon, I just found out yesterday that if you are a Prime member you're not allowed to review anything until you've reached a certain amount in purchases. It's not a lot but seems a bit greedy to me. Maybe it's a security measure, I have no idea.
I did not know that!
To contribute to Customer features (for example, Customer Reviews, Customer Answers, Idea Lists) or to follow other contributors, you must have spent at least $50 on Amazon.com using a valid credit or debit card in the past 12 months. Promotional discounts don't qualify towards the $50 minimum. In addition, to contribute to Spark you must also have a paid Prime subscription (free Prime trials do not qualify). You do not need to meet this requirement to read content posted by other contributors or post Customer Questions, or create or modify Profile pages, Shopping Lists, Wish Lists or Registries.
Wow, I guess that is one way of trying to cut back on fake reviews. Thinking out loud, I wonder if this has impacted feedback for authors where a customer might buy just a few ebook titles a year and can't leave feedback because they didn't reach the $50 threshold. Instead of a monetary minimum it might be better if it was a purchase minimim (eg: somebody has purchased X amount of ebooks can leave feedback) or at least if somebody hasn't met the $50 minimum yet then restrict their reviews to just their own verified purchased items.

Fake reviews were a problem in the past but many were obvious. If a book is released on May 1 and has 102 five star reviews May 2nd, there might be a few fakes in there.

I read somewhere
there are tons of bots trying to log on and post spam
*new male enhancement very strong please your mate www.geckoginseng.maleenhancement.co*
somebody said, the internet is turning into computers talking (or trying to talk) to other computers
so presumably those 'guests' are spambots knocking at the door.

Back