Season 3 "im sad for you"

personally i thought the whole "im sad for you" speech was really fruity. it wouldv been ok if it was written differently like "im really sorry. about you and lauren." but "im sad for you"?! not the right words.

I thought it was a perfect line. And I love how she followed with "I'm hopeful". The emotions run so deep between Syd and Vaughn. "I'm sad for you" was so appropriate because that is how she felt. If she would have said "I'm sorry for you and Lauren".... there is no emotion in that. And frankly, she is not sorry.

Yeah, I thought the lines worked well. They needed to sound original, and not like stock lines from every divorce-drama ever done. Sydney was just speaking from the heart, and she obviously would be sad that somebody's marriage was ending, even if it ultimately means "hope" for her.

I agree, Sydney's lines were good, it was Vaughn's that were questionalbe. "I understand", what is that, how about a "me too"?

I think I'm sorry would have been untruthful. I'm sad for you was akward (sp?) but fitted more how she was feeling for him.

The "I'm sad for Lauren" line was even more bull.

I don't think so. I think she knows what it's like to lose the person you love and she feels bad that Lauren will feel that way. That doesn't mean she doesn't want Vaughn to leave Lauren.

yeah i see what you all are saying. im sorry wouldnt be truthful and im sad for you was truthful but it was definately awkward. i just think, these guys are professionals. they should be able to get the point across without it sounding corny.

I think that that line was perfect. Sydney wasn't sorry that they divorced. She was being truthful (in my opinion), and though it was a little awkward, following up with "I'm hopeful" made it all fit.

Back