Season 2 I'm still freaking out

Goodness, no! They wouldn't get rid of Jack! I'm saying he might have resigned or been fired from the CIA. He might have had to look for others who could provide him with the resources he needed to continue his search for Sydney--others who have their own agenda. He might, for example, have to ask another "favor" of an "old friend," the kind that you spend "more time than you care to paying back." That is, he might end up partnered with Sloane after all and therefore not be available to the CIA.
-_-

I hate making predictions with this show, but I am with Verdantheart when it comes to Jack. Sloane read the Rambaldi script and told Jack he would be working with him sooner than he expected (or words to that effect). Jack is probably with Sloane...and I'm not sure what that means in the writers' minds. :eek:

And Irina? She was as a columnist said, "ferociously ambitious and ferociously maternal. The ultimate working mother." I loved that quote, because I think he had her pegged. :rolleyes:

So, did she rescue Syd? I think it's a good possibility. She was so protective of Sydney all during the 2nd season and Sydney was confused by Jack's verbal anti-mother/Irina words that she didn't pay attention. :(

By the end of The Telling I am positive (oops there I go, being positive) that Irina knows a hell of a more than Jack, Sydney and Sloane about the Prophecy. It's even possible that while fulfilling her role as a crime boss she came across Conrad? Who knows? Sloane never asked, assuming she's just a woman who is ambitious. :lol:

Life is full of surprises and so is ALIAS. (y) (y) (y)

jack and irina could very well be working together, bc we all know how much both of them wanted syd to leave the spy world. that would be a really awesome twist!

^_^ Well no one can be sure where the story is going to take us, but based on The Telling my intuition says he's with Sloane, not Irina. Jack and everyone at the CIA must have believe Syd was dead...Jack may or maynot believe it, but I agree with verdantheart, he's not with the CIA at this point -- two years later. :cool:

mountaineer5 said:
we all know how much both of them wanted syd to leave the spy world.
Hm, I don't think that was necessarily the viewpoint of either parent. It'll be in my season review, which should be coming out shortly.
;)

I really don't want Jack to be bad (and I don't believe he is...). However, forgive me if I'm wrong, but did we ever find out how he got out of Sloane's plan thing. I really need to watch the tape again... but when Sloane approached him at the cafe, Jack couldn't leave or he'd be shot... What happened? Did he agree to Sloane's plan?? Or am I throwing this whole thing out of context????????????

SydneyandVaughn said:
I really don't want Jack to be bad (and I don't believe he is...). However, forgive me if I'm wrong, but did we ever find out how he got out of Sloane's plan thing. I really need to watch the tape again... but when Sloane approached him at the cafe, Jack couldn't leave or he'd be shot... What happened? Did he agree to Sloane's plan?? Or am I throwing this whole thing out of context????????????
Just because Jack is working for Sloane, it doesn't necessarily mean he's turned to the dark side. He just might need Sloane for help ;)

Jack never agreed to Sloane's plan that we know of. But he was freed after Sloane captured him. Remember when Weiss found him in Mexico City? That was the last we've seen of him.
Jack may have decided to work with Sloane within the two years we didn't get to see, however.

SydneyandVaughn said:
rememebr they kidnapped jack...

SydneyandVaughn said:
but when Sloane approached him at the cafe, Jack couldn't leave or he'd be shot... What happened? Did he agree to Sloane's plan?? Or am I throwing this whole thing out of context????????????
At that time, Sloane left Jack to think it over. Sloane told him not to leave the table or use his cell phone for 30 minutes or he'd be shot (by Sloane's snipers), giving Sloane time to make his escape. He wasn't expected to make a decision at that time.
;)

verdantheart said:
Goodness, no! They wouldn't get rid of Jack! I'm saying he might have resigned or been fired from the CIA. He might have had to look for others who could provide him with the resources he needed to continue his search for Sydney--others who have their own agenda. He might, for example, have to ask another "favor" of an "old friend," the kind that you spend "more time than you care to paying back." That is, he might end up partnered with Sloane after all and therefore not be available to the CIA.
-_-
this is what i thought ever since the finale, i mean everything points in that direction of him becoming partners with sloane and not be evil. i dont think that jack is evil at all only working with sloane to try and find sydney becuase the CIA stopped searching and remember what sloane said? about they will be working together and i think he is right becuase he knows pretty much everything becuase of the Rambaldi manuscripts.
just me thinking! ^_^

i really want to know where irina is in all this, i am completely clueless in this becuase i dont think she was the one to kidnap her because she wished her luck and irina knowing that syd was the only one to defeat sloane, i doubt she would disconnect her from the world for two years, unless something happened in those two years we dont know about that sydney did?! :blink:
know im just confused again as i was right after the show!

Victoria King Posted on Jun 8 2003, 09:45 AM
i really want to know where irina is in all this, i am completely clueless in this becuase i dont think she was the one to kidnap her because she wished her luck and irina knowing that syd was the only one to defeat sloane, i doubt she would disconnect her from the world for two years, unless something happened in those two years we dont know about that sydney did?!

Why not Irina? Sydney was hurt, sustaining injuries that just barely allowed her to shoot Allison/Francie. These injuries could have been head injuries, a concussion that happened on top of the one she got at the ice rink (she banged her head pretty good when Irina took the hockey stick from her). She could have amnesia. Seeing Will dead and having to shoot someone who physically looked her best friend, Sydney was out of it. She would not be in any position to take Arvin Sloane. She was OUT. Then when she began to regain her memory, she was placed where she could telephone the CIA and be sent to a safe house. :D

Irina has been close by, it seems, many times. And in CIA custody, was ready to help Sydney. So as I said before on another site, how did she know about the prophecy and not Sloane? Page 47 of the manuscript was not an artifact to be used in the construction of El Dire. ALtho I'm not discounting something or someone else taking Sydney, I have a tiny, not so positive, bet on Irina. ;)
The only reason I hedge my bet is that Vaughn told Syd that Will was alive..."You..." Now it is a possibility that Irina also found Will, made a call 911 to get help for him. Remember in Second Double she stated twice she did not want Will dead!! Why? Is it because Will is going to play an important part in the third season--friend and someone to help her get back her memory? ^_^
BUT knowing ALias, nothing is as it seems... :rolleyes:

lenafan said:
ALtho I'm not discounting something or someone else taking Sydney, I have a tiny, not so positive, bet on Irina.  ;)
Of course, having no idea what happened to Sydney--whether Sloane, Irina, or a third party "took her," or whether she wandered off in a fugue state--I have to kind of wonder why Irina would take Sydney knowing what it would do to Jack. If she has no plans to "pick him up" herself, why would she do something that would destroy his world and is almost guaranteed to eventually drive him into Sloane's arms? She's not so stupid that she can't see that!--I can see that! Talk about love disguised as hatred!

Irina had previously left Sydney with her father--possibly because she felt Sydney was better off there. Had things suddenly changed after Jack's abduction? Possibly. Does Irina now write Jack off as a loss? Again, if Irina's involved in this, there's some 'splaining to do to pull some sense out of the situation.
-_-

verdantheart Posted on Jun 8 2003, 04:30 PM
[/QUOTE]Irina had previously left Sydney with her father--possibly because she felt Sydney was better off there. Had things suddenly changed after Jack's abduction? Possibly. Does Irina now write Jack off as a loss?
Well I've got to confess...VH. You are probably right. We know Irina does care for Jack.

The Rambaldi manuscript indicates a lot of things were pre-ordained (i.e. Emily's death), so there could be more that we don't know (which is a sure thing knowing JJ and writers) that will come about in the season opener.

or whether she wandered off in a fugue state-

I don't see Sydney wandering off in a fugue state. She had to go somewhere and with help, especially if she was hurt (and that fight certainly was brutal) and perhaps even suffering amnesia. The CIA, Vaughn, Jack someone would have found her...

Just a thought--wouldn't a face-recognition camera eventually catch site of her? At an airport, bank?

I already thought of that, and have wondered about that. It suggests that--if she has indeed been around for 2 years as it seems--she's been deeply hidden or well-disguised.
;)

AliasALIAS Posted on Jun 8 2003, 09:21 PM
Just a thought--wouldn't a face-recognition camera eventually catch site of her? At an airport, bank?
and then
verdantheart Posted on Jun 8 2003, 09:34 PM
--if she has indeed been around for 2 years as it seems--she's been deeply hidden or well-disguised.

If drugs can come into the country by small plane, a body can go out the same way, by small plane. There are no face recognition cameras in every place on this globe. It can be done easily (especially on Alias or haven't you noticed? :rolleyes:

Or we can get mysterious and mystical and say she fell out of sight thru the looking glass...
:cool:

Back