Immortality? Just hang on for 25 years!!

cheesecutter

The Big Cheese
Hang in There: The 25-Year Wait for Immortality

Hi everyone:

Check out the link above for an interview with Aubrey de Grey, of Cambridge University, who believes we may all live for 1000 years within 25 years. How will this affect our society? He claims that we'll be able to set our age to 20 or 30 if we want to. Would you want to live for a millenia if you were young and healthy? What do you think?

Well what you posted really isn't immortality. Its just a longer life span. Though I seriously doubt that we would be able to remain healthy, for viriuses evolve everyday, only people who are egosyntric would stay young for that long. I mean when I grow old I want to look like the salt of the earth, not young fine and chipper. But if in 25 years were going to be living that long were going to look more like mummies than just ruff looking old people.

moes247, welcome to Cool SciFi! :welcome:

Would I want to live for a 1,000 years? Would depend on who else in my circle of family & friends would be along the ride. Several lifetimes of being alone in the world wouldn't be too fun.

I believe in Ghosts

Even if we don't live that long I am very open to the possibility of ghosts and thus life after death. What does everyone else think? I will add some images of some real ghosts. David

rebeccajordan76 said:
Even if we don't live that long I am very open to the possibility of ghosts and thus life after death. What does everyone else think? I will add some images of some real ghosts. David
I am an agnostic that "wants to believe" in life after death. Will it ever be possible to prove or disprove that an afterlife and a supreme being exist? Perhaps. That is why science and science fiction fascinate me.

moes247 said:
Well what you posted really isn't immortality. Its just a longer life span.

True, 1000 years isn't forever but don't you think that after 1000 years science will come up with something else that will give you immortality?:cool:

Back