Season 5 Important News regarding Michael Vartan/Vaughn

I can sorta see your point on the his suriving the car wreck but the shooting? It doesn't make sense. And I'm pretty much convinced he really is dead and that the writers just don't care anymore.

They care, or they wouldn't be writing for the show. They wouldn't be going back to little points from Season 1, etc to dig up little moments. ( Such as Dixon telling Syd how to not judge a person when it looks that they are guilty).

The shooting, is just another one of the "suspend the disbelief" moments that Alias is famous for. And in Hollywood, there is always a death scene. A scene for final goodbyes, etc. A scene with background music of Sarah McLachlan. :P. Its just normal. And I don't think that the moment would of had such an impact if they didn't have the scene in the hospital and just left it at the train yard.

They care, or they wouldn't be writing for the show. They wouldn't be going back to little points from Season 1, etc to dig up little moments. ( Such as Dixon telling Syd how to not judge a person when it looks that they are guilty).

The shooting, is just another one of the "suspend the disbelief" moments that Alias is famous for. And in Hollywood, there is always a death scene. A scene for final goodbyes, etc. A scene with background music of Sarah McLachlan. :P. Its just normal. And I don't think that the moment would of had such an impact if they didn't have the scene in the hospital and just left it at the train yard.
I too believe they care, besides it wasn't the writers decision to have him killed. they were just doing their job, and following orders. But I disagree with it not having as much of an impact had he just died at the train station. I think for most, just having him die period was more impact then fans can truly bare.

Vaughn is seriously still alive. He's frozen in the box. Thats why the coffin disappeared from DSR custody and why Renee had the coffin at the end of the last episode and was lying to Syd about knowing about it. I was freaking out when I saw that coffin because you KNOW it has to be him! JJ would throw a bunch of curve balls at us but ultimately he's not trying to kill the show..

Vaughn is seriously still alive. He's frozen in the box. Thats why the coffin disappeared from DSR custody and why Renee had the coffin at the end of the last episode and was lying to Syd about knowing about it. I was freaking out when I saw that coffin because you KNOW it has to be him! JJ would throw a bunch of curve balls at us but ultimately he's not trying to kill the show..

If you saw the promo pictures for episode 5 you will see who was in the box and its not Vaughn.

I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but there is an OLD man in the box!

Its NOT an old man in the box its VAUGHN !!!

It was very obvious that its him in there...

Thank you so I am not alone after all. It is definately not an old man. and to all those who think his hair is all grey, have you ever seen what happens to something when it is frozen, it gets frost on it. Frost is white. White frost on dark hair makes it appear to be grey. The hand we see in the end of the episode as the defrosting begins is definately NOT that of an old man.

Wouldn't Sydney have recognized him if it were Vaughn?

Not necssarily if she couldn't see his face and it was all frosty in there.

From Ask Ausiello:

Question: You've answered a lot of questions about Vaughn and Alias but not this one: Did Michael Vartan elect to leave, or was he fired? — Taisha

Ausiello: Well, as you might expect, it's complicated. Here's what I've been told from a reliable source close to the situation. Shortly after Vartan and J.Ga's big split, Vartan allegedly made it known that he wouldn't be terribly upset if Vaughn were to get whacked while on assignment. TPTB, in turn, made it known that Vartan had a contract to honor and, well, he better suck it up and be a professional. Cut to 2005: Producers, looking for a way to revitalize the show and give Sydney a personal mission in Alias' final season, finally granted Vartan his wish. There was just one problem: Vartan was once again loving his job and didn't want to go. But the writing was already on the wall, albeit with the presumption that Vartan would return later in the season either as Vaughn, Vaughn's ghost or someone else altogether. And that brings us to the second problem. For some unknown reason, producers never got Vartan to sign off on that return engagement before jettisoning him, resulting in the stalemate we have now. The good news is that the odds are still leaning in the favor of his returning before year's end — despite the fact that he just landed a movie in Australia. Anyway, that's the poop. Don't shoot the messenger.

^ I LOVE your AV!! That answer by Ausiello sounds like more spin to me. The producers need some communication skills if they're that out of touch with their actors. It still stinks and I call BS! The Network has a mess of their own making.

Also, Vaughn's not in the box. Check the promo pics for the episode....it is an old man.

ETA: From "Ask Ausiello" - Question: Could the frozen body on Alias be Vaughn? — Morgan

Ausiello: (SPOILER ALERT) That'd be a little too obvious, don't you think?

Does anyone know if producers have any input in cast decisions? The reason I'm asking is that JG is credited as producer this season. Would she have input as to how MV has been treated? Just curious

Does anyone know if producers have any input in cast decisions? The reason I'm asking is that JG is credited as producer this season. Would she have input as to how MV has been treated? Just curious

Don't know what her exact role as producer is but have listed below the defined duties of a producer from Webster's Dictionary:

Producer: a person who supervises or finances the production of a stage or screen production or radio or television program.

Jinnie - did you consider this post to be borderline because it's a legitimate question in my mind. Not trying to be a wiseguy, I just want to know what a producer has influence on. If the question is out of line, please just delete that post and this one. That is not the intent.

No. However, how other people could interpret/spin/reply to that question could be less than desirable, according to AA rules. Trust me, if I found fault with your post, you'd know it. ;) I'm simply warning everyone that I'm still, ya know, right here.

No. However, how other people could interpret/spin/reply to that question could be less than desirable, according to AA rules. Trust me, if I found fault with your post, you'd know it. ;) I'm simply warning everyone that I'm still, ya know, right here.

Phew - glad not to be on your bad side, Jinnie!

Still, does anyone know exactly what the producers can influence regarding casting? It seems to me that JG's role as producer is more of a "gimme" - it's hard to imagine she's doing more than she's already doing, i.e. participating in almost every minute of the show. Still, would like to know what a producer does. It seems like a lot of these shows have a gazillion producers and I'd like to know what that means. Anyone?

Phew - glad not to be on your bad side, Jinnie!

Still, does anyone know exactly what the producers can influence regarding casting? It seems to me that JG's role as producer is more of a "gimme" - it's hard to imagine she's doing more than she's already doing, i.e. participating in almost every minute of the show. Still, would like to know what a producer does. It seems like a lot of these shows have a gazillion producers and I'd like to know what that means. Anyone?

It's kind of technical...but I hope this kind of answers your questions :smiley:

And there are many more different producers than the ones I listed, but this gives you an idea of the main ones.

What does a Producer do?
A Producer initiates, coordinates, supervises and controls, either on his own authority, or subject to the authority of an employer, all aspects of the motion-picture and/or television production process, including creative, financial, technological and administrative. A Producer is involved throughout all phases of production from inception to completion, including coordination, supervision and control of all other talents and crafts, subject to the provisions of their collective bargaining agreements and personal service contracts.

What does an Executive Producer do?
An Executive Producer supervises, either on his own authority (entrepreneur executive producer) or subject to the authority of an employer (employee executive producer) one or more producers in the performance of all of his/her/their producer functions on single or multiple productions. In television, an Executive Producer may also be the Creator/Writer of a series.

What does an Associate Producer do?
An Associate Producer performs one or more producer functions delegated to him/her by a producer, under the supervision of such producer.

What does a Co-Producer do?
Co-Producers are two or more functioning producers who perform jointly or cumulatively all of the producer functions as a team or group

http://www.producersguild.org/pg/about_a/faq.asp

Back