Season 5 Important News regarding Michael Vartan/Vaughn

T

tooboo

Due to my association with the MV Campaign, I was contacted by a source from the set of “Alias” and given the following information regarding Michael Vartan’s status with the show.

1- Yesterday, Wednesday August 17, 2005 was Michael Vartan’s last day of shooting on the series “Alias”.

2- The funeral scene was filmed yesterday.

3- At this time there is no intention of having either Vaughn/Vartan return to the series.

4- In regards to Mr. Vartan’s departure being a “mutual decision”, Mr. Vartan’s intentions had always been to stay with “Alias” until the series concluded as he had many times, stated in the past.

I was contacted earlier in the week regarding this information, and was just told yesterday that I could release it.

This is all the information I’ve been given regarding this matter, so please don’t PM or email me for additional information or my source. Also I will not be involved in any other “spoilering”, because considering I won’t be watching the show, I really don’t care.

Jodi

Well, there it is then, Alias either shot it itself or bought itself a possibly watchable story-line. This sucks majorly.

SkyGirl5 said:
i love how you are all just believing this is accurate information.
[post="1460337"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yeah, you're right Janet. I don't know why i'm believing it. Possibly because i just woke up and i'm cranky cause it's hot out. lol. Oy!

I'm not trying to question anyone's credibility here, but do you honestly believe that such a massive, massive spoiler (and knowing what the fan reaction will be) would so lightly be released to the public? Regarding a character who is NOT confirmed as leaving (not to mention when discussing an episode what is likely to be only the second or third episode of the season)?

It's unlikely. If it *is* true, damn damn damn but until I get firm confirmation I will not believe it. not this time.

I can't speak for anyone else but I'm believing it because of the following...

Maybe I'm naive but I don't think someone would claim to be a source, make all of that detailed info up, and email the MV Campaign. Seems like an awful lot of trouble to get out false info.

Everything that was posted is in agreement with what we've already been told.....that Vartan would be leaving early in the season. I think it was a source here (perilousgirl) who said that Vaughn/Vartan would be going to a better place...hence the funeral scene.

I don't see any of the other sources denying this info.

I think what you are seeing is the fact that some people on the ABC set are quite upset about the whole thing, and becoming more willing to talk.
Jodi is a very professional and has dedicated herself to the SaveMichael Campaign. It pains me greatly to write this, but if she has released this information, you can be assured it is true.

Chipper said:
I'm not trying to question anyone's credibility here, but do you honestly believe that such a massive, massive spoiler (and knowing what the fan reaction will be) would so lightly be released to the public?  Regarding a character who is NOT confirmed as leaving (not to mention when discussing an episode what is likely to be only the second or third episode of the season)?

It's unlikely.  If it *is* true, damn damn damn but until I get firm confirmation I will not believe it.  not this time.
[post="1460392"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I'm not questioning Jodi, but her source. No doubt if it is true there are disgruntled MV supporters at the Bad Robot offices, but there have been foilers in the past. Nothing to this level but every year we hear about MV leaving...I guess I don't want to believe it but still.

I can't speak for anyone else but I'm believing it because of the following...

Maybe I'm naive but I don't think someone would claim to be a source, make all of that detailed info up, and email the MV Campaign. Seems like an awful lot of trouble to get out false info.

Everything that was posted is in agreement with what we've already been told.....that Vartan would be leaving early in the season. I think it was a source here (perilousgirl) who said that Vaughn/Vartan would be going to a better place...hence the funeral scene.

I don't see any of the other sources denying this info.
I also believe that MV is leaving. Perilousgirl was right about the casting of the new male agent so I think it is safe to say that she has actual source of info. But with that said, I can believe someone would make this up and send it to the MV Campaign. Someone not long ago wrote a false press release that stated MV was leaving and sent it to alias-media.

ETA: Just wanted to clarify something. I'm not calling Jodi a liar. There is not a doubt in mind that she really believes this.

I actually do believe this... but... you know.... I don't really wanna. ;)
--Mandy :angelic:

Like I said, I do believe he is gone. Sad but true. I find it interesting then that if yesterday was the day the funeral was shot that apparently Syd and Jack aren't attending. Razzi pics of them have them away from the set.

angel_audie said:
Like I said, I do believe he is gone.  Sad but true.  I find it interesting then that if yesterday was the day the funeral was shot that apparently Syd and Jack aren't attending.  Razzi pics of them have them away from the set.
[post="1460411"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Actually that is the only thing that is giving me the tiniest bit of hope. The fact that they were both paparazzid yesterday. Of course that's not to say that they weren't shooting earlier in the morning or later in the day.

angel_audie said:
Like I said, I do believe he is gone.  Sad but true.  I find it interesting then that if yesterday was the day the funeral was shot that apparently Syd and Jack aren't attending.  Razzi pics of them have them away from the set.
[post="1460411"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
That would make me think that the spoiler is probably false.

Plus, considering the script pages from the premiere, I think there would be more interesting ways to have Vaughn leave than have him just die.

Ahem. Yes. Many more interesting ways to do a lot of things. I wish I had faith that they were actually interesting in *trying* some of them.
The funeral thing, if true, is weird though. No matter how peeved off Sydney is, I can't believe she wouldn't go to Vaughn's funeral.

Charlie said:
That would make me think that the spoiler is probably false.

Plus, considering the script pages from the premiere, I think there would be more interesting ways to have Vaughn leave than have him just die.
[post="1460421"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I agree with Chipper-
I don't think that this type of info would be "allowed" to leak out. Also, I havn't heard it anywhere else.
I don't really believe it.

Ok, maybe I do a little- and if it is true

......OH.....MY.....GOD...... :banghead: :cuss: :eekhair: 🇳🇴

Leslie said:
I believe it. It was originally posted by a member of the Save MV campaign, who has no reason to want Vaughn gone. :thinking:

Check out the post @ SD-1 here: http://sd-1.net/index.php?showtopic=44259&...3&#entry2860033
[post="1460448"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Uhh... the same person posted it here :P

I'm not questioning Jodi, I'm questioning her source because it would seem so silly to have him survive the car crash and then die in episode 2 or 3... AND not have Syd attend?

Back