Season 5 Important News regarding Michael Vartan/Vaughn

I just hope MV finds another good show on some other network. It is apparent that he will not be seen on Alias much, if at all, this season for whatever reason (which takes money out of MV's pocket).

just read an interview in series mag (french magazine) setember/october edition with Michael Vartan. I will translate as best as I can;
Q : Was there really a possibility that you would not be present in the 5th season of Alias?
A : I assure you that all of this is just one big rumor, a rumor that really annoyed me....One day I came across an article tellin everyone that my presence in the 5th season of Alias was compromised. I was surprised and immediatly called J.J Abrams and asked him if he had made any declarationson this subject because I have just bought a new house and I need the money to pay for it! But J.J was just as surprised as me and assured me that my role was in no way menaced.

The interview is actually quite long. It goes into saying how there is absolutely no problems between himself and J.G . When asked about the story line in season 5 espescially concerning Syd and Vaughns demise he did say "We have only been filming since the begining of august so I can't give you that much info except of coures that they survive the crash, if they didn't there wouldn't be a season 5!...(laughs) but as for their relationship and in particular their marrige? I cannot tell you because I don't know. So that will be a surprise.

Now I don't know when exactly this inerview was done but it does sound pretty recent. I just came across it and thought I would share it with you. I don't know how much weight it holds though so judge for yourselves.

Sorry if the post is a bit long and if there are any spelling mistakes.

livia said:
just read an interview in series mag (french magazine) setember/october edition with Michael Vartan. I will translate as best as I can;
Q : Was there really a possibility that you would not be present in the 5th season of Alias?
A : I assure you that all of this is just one big rumor, a rumor that really annoyed me....One day I came across an article tellin everyone that my presence in the 5th season of Alias was compromised. I was surprised and immediatly called J.J Abrams and asked him if he had made any declarationson this subject because I have just bought a new house and I need the money to pay for it! But J.J was just as surprised as me and assured me that my role was in no way menaced.

The interview is actually quite long. It goes into saying how there is absolutely no problems between himself and J.G . When asked about the story line in season 5 espescially concerning Syd and Vaughns demise he did say "We have only been filming since the begining of august so I can't give you that much info except of coures that they survive the crash, if they didn't there wouldn't be a season 5!...(laughs) but as for their relationship and in particular their marrige? I cannot tell you because I don't know. So that will be a surprise.

Now I don't know when exactly this inerview was done but it does sound pretty recent. I just came across it and thought I would share it with you. I don't know how much weight it holds though so judge for yourselves.

Sorry if the post is a bit long and if there are any spelling mistakes.
[post="1483162"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

The quotes from MV have a very familiar ring to them. In fact, I think those are quotes made back after the finale car crash of S4 and the French magazine is cutting and pasting, plus they have added the part about filming just beginning.

iamsydney said:
My speculation is that we will be led to believe that Vaughn dies, but then he will come back towards the end of the season.  I believe that they will have to pretend to kill him to actually keep him from being killed. 
[post="1483116"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Exactly! (y)

Sydney Bristow(SpyBarbie
oz. vodka
1 oz. peach schnapps
Splash of orange juice (pulp-free)
Splash of grenadine
Do:

Combine first three ingredients with crushed ice and stir. Strain into a martini glass. Add the splash of grenadine. Garnish with a cherry.

Sweet but with a kick, like Sydney. The grenadine gives it that nice "Bozo hair" red at the bottom of the glass.

The Naked Vaughn
1 oz. vodka
1/2 oz. Malibu (coconut) rum
4 oz. pineapple juice
Splash of grenadine

Do

Combine and pour over crushed ice in a collins glass.

You won't be able to get enough of this drink!

Fullt ös medvetslös!

Dahling said:
Exactly!  (y)

Sydney Bristow(SpyBarbie
oz. vodka
1 oz. peach schnapps
Splash of orange juice (pulp-free)
Splash of grenadine
Do:

Combine first three ingredients with crushed ice and stir. Strain into a martini glass. Add the splash of grenadine. Garnish with a cherry.
Sweet but with a kick, like Sydney. The grenadine gives it that nice "Bozo hair" red at the bottom of the glass.

The Naked Vaughn
1 oz. vodka
1/2 oz. Malibu (coconut) rum
4 oz. pineapple juice
Splash of grenadine

Do

Combine and pour over crushed ice in a collins glass.

You won't be able to get enough of this drink!

Fullt ös medvetslös!
[post="1483203"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I'll take a Naked Vaughn

Alias lover 818 said:
i don't want michael to leave that would b so sad!! he is such an important character! Alias wouldn't b the same without him
[post="1483455"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Alias lover your av is absolutely beautiful! I love embarrassed MV!

Dahling said:
Hi! I think that me must accept that MV may be gone. But how may times hasn't Irina been gone? And then she is back.
I'm going to trust JJ and watch the show even if MV "dies".
Sydney said :
"If had been me, I would have waited, I would have found out the truth, I wouldn't have given up on you"
And now it's time för that.

Take Care

Fullt ös medvetslös!
[post="1482770"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Thats what I said somewhere around this site and I agree

Maybe he "dies" everyone want us to think that he is gone! And he is gone for like 4 episodes and shows up again ? Maybe they have to fake is death, because someone is after him. How many times havn't Alias characters come to live again ? :blink:

Alias lover 818 said:
i don't want michael to leave that would b so sad!! he is such an important character! Alias wouldn't b the same without him
[post="1483455"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

That so true! But like I said, I think he will be back.
Because taking MV away from Alias is like taking Ryan or Seth from Oc away.
It would not be the same.

Take Care

Sark on the beach
Need

1/2 oz. pineapple rum
1/2 oz. coconut rum
1/2 oz. raspberry schnapps
1-1/2 oz. orange juice
1-1/2 oz. cranberry juice
Splash of triple sec

Do
Combine with crushed ice in a highball glass. Garnish with a skewer of pineapple chunks and a paper umbrella.

Just the thing for those hot guys, uh, days.

I'm starting to think that what happened in season 3 could very well happen again in season 5. Most of you probably know, Lauren Reed wasn't supposed to be a bad guy. They re-wrote her character during the entire season because of the ruckus her presence and marriage to Vaughn caused among viewers. let's be honest... TV is all about the ratings. If fans aren't interested and don't watch, everyone loses money. If Vaughn is killed or written off the show, a huge amount of faithful fans will not watch the show anymore, which equals bad ratings, which equals loss of the almighty dollar. I have confidance that the writers and producers realize that, and if they have screwed up, at least they have a proven track-record of fixing their screw-ups. Not to mention, I'd hope there is still a shred of human decency in them, a part that will remain faithful to their viewers and cast members, and do justice to everyone for as long as the show has left...

I refuse to belive it, MV can not leave ALIAS! NO! He is like the guy I watch in alias, I mean what r eason would they have to kill him off, if they do its going to become sooo soap operaish i mean really sydney the pregnant girl trying to avange her dead fiancee?? huh? nooo lol I hope MV is not killed off I wont belive it until I hear ABC say it OR I watch the damn funeral shhesh lol
NR

I refuse to belive it, MV can not leave ALIAS! NO! He is like the guy I watch in alias, I mean what r eason would they have to kill him off, if they do its going to become sooo soap operaish i mean really sydney the pregnant girl trying to avange her dead fiancee?? huh? nooo lol I hope MV is not killed off I wont belive it until I hear ABC say it OR I watch the damn funeral shhesh lol
NR

SpyHard7 said:
I'm starting to think that what happened in season 3 could very well happen again in season 5. Most of you probably know, Lauren Reed wasn't supposed to be a bad guy. They re-wrote her character during the entire season because of the ruckus her presence and marriage to Vaughn caused among viewers. let's be honest... TV is all about the ratings. If fans aren't interested and don't watch, everyone loses money. If Vaughn is killed or written off the show, a huge amount of faithful fans will not watch the show anymore, which equals bad ratings, which equals loss of the almighty dollar. I have confidance that the writers and producers realize that, and if they have screwed up, at least they have a proven track-record of fixing their screw-ups. Not to mention, I'd hope there is still a shred of human decency in them, a part that will remain faithful to their viewers and cast members, and do justice to everyone for as long as the show has left...
[post="1484072"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

You got it!
Thanx for the info about Lauren, didn't know that before.
The truth is that i liked lauren, but not when she made things more complicated between S and V, and she did that almost all the time ;)
Lauren and Sark are so cute together :lol:

Take care

To tell you all the truth, I will believe it when I see it. I still don't even believe that Yelena is dead. :D s4 suffered a blow. All of this talk brings new viewers.

Has anyone thought about how much time Jennifer and Ben have been together? I think it has been for quite a few months, and Jennifer has a problem with Vartan now? A little too convienient to be truthful. I rather take the high road and wait. =)

:angelic:

Thanx for the info about Lauren, didn't know that before.
The truth is that i liked lauren, but not when she made things more complicated between S and V, and she did that almost all the time  ;)
Lauren and Sark are so cute together

No problem. I didn't find out about that either until season 3 was already over. It just gave me a little more confidance that there is more wiggle room in TV than there is in, say, movies. They film as the season progresses (with the intent to stay up to date with current events) which can also allow them to go in different directions if necessary, than they originally planned, to adjust to ratings and viewer demographics, etc.

I can see why you liked Lauren's character. I really thought she did a great job. I didn't like her in the role they cast her in (same reasons as you - the whole Syd/Vaughn thing), but as soon as they re-developed her character, I started enjoying her. It was a great pair with Sark, and Melissa is just one of those actors that I think plays a better bad guy than good guy :smiley:

To tell you all the truth, I will believe it when I see it. I still don't even believe that Yelena is dead.  :D  s4 suffered a blow. All of this talk brings new viewers.

Has anyone thought about how much time Jennifer and Ben have been together? I think it has been for quite a few months, and Jennifer has a problem with Vartan now? A little too convienient to be truthful. I rather take the high road and wait. =)

Those are really good points. I absolutely wouldn't put it past the Alias people to have started these rumors just to bring excitement and controversy into the next season. Again, it all comes down to viewers and sponsors in TV. I totally agree that that is not only a possibility but may even be a probability.

Also, I'm glad you brought up the Jen/Ben thing, because I have been wondering about that as new sets of rumors fly out constantly.

JG and MV dated, but all the rumors say that she dumped him for Ben. To me that means she broke up with him, because she was interested in someone else... right? But I remember it was during season 2 that people started talking about JG and MV getting together, which was going on the same time that they took out SD-6 and had that massive kissing scene... they broke up not too long after that. And correct me if I'm wrong, but was Ben not only dating, but also engaged to Jen. Lopez even after JG and MV broke up? So, all that to say that rumors that her interest in Ben ended her relationship with MV is not consistant with the time-frame, and to me, makes other rumors spread by the same people or companies, equally questionable.

SpyHard7 said:
Those are really good points. I absolutely wouldn't put it past the Alias people to have started these rumors just to bring excitement and controversy into the next season. Again, it all comes down to viewers and sponsors in TV. I totally agree that that is not only a possibility but may even be a probability.

Also, I'm glad you brought up the Jen/Ben thing, because I have been wondering about that as new sets of rumors fly out constantly.

JG and MV dated, but all the rumors say that she dumped him for Ben. To me that means she broke up with him, because she was interested in someone else... right? But I remember it was during season 2 that people started talking about JG and MV getting together, which was going on the same time that they took out SD-6 and had that massive kissing scene... they broke up not too long after that. And correct me if I'm wrong, but was Ben not only dating, but also engaged to Jen. Lopez even after JG and MV broke up? So, all that to say that rumors that her interest in Ben ended her relationship with MV is not consistant with the time-frame, and to me, makes other rumors spread by the same people or companies, equally questionable.
[post="1484223"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Actually I believe that JG and MV broke up in June of 2004 and she was with Ben by Aug 2004. JG and MV started dating around May of 2003 and it was Sept of 2003 that Ben was supposed to marry JLo. I remember because that's the year I got married.

Back