Season 5 Important News regarding Michael Vartan/Vaughn

That hardly makes it the fifth season of the show we all love... It is more like the beginning of "Alias: Next Generation" - It is pretty dishonest of them not to just fess up to their actions IMO.

Word!

Has anyone noticed we haven't received many... if ANY... spoilers at all in the past few weeks? I realize that this probably has to do with the "veil of secrecy" as to whether Vartan is staying or not, but has anyone stopped to think about the impact of that? Maybe this just goes to show he'll be there, or be back, and they're just keeping it secret... otherwise, don't you think we'd be hearing more spoilers?

Hope this makes sense... it's been a loooong day.

Hi,
I subscribe to google for Michael Vartan updates and found this one today. Let's all pray it's true.

LATEST: Actor MICHAEL VARTAN has rubbished reports his character has been written out of hit TV show ALIAS.

Vartan, who plays his former girlfriend JENNIFER GARNER's on-screen lover MICHAEL VAUGHN on the show, reportedly shot his final scenes last month (AUG05).

Sources had claimed that Vaughn would be killed off in the upcoming series, which then sees Garner's pregnant character SYDNEY BRISTOW coping with impending motherhood.

But Vartan insists none of the reports are true, blasting, "Where do you guys get these rumours about me getting killed off? I am coming back this season."

Committed fans had launched an internet campaign last month (AUG05) to save his character after hearing the reports.
15/09/2005 03:00

michy said:
Hi,
I subscribe to google for Michael Vartan updates and found this one today.  Let's all pray it's true.

Sources had claimed that Vaughn would be killed off in the upcoming series, which then sees Garner's pregnant character SYDNEY BRISTOW coping with impending motherhood.

But Vartan insists none of the reports are true, blasting, "Where do you guys get these rumours about me getting killed off? I am coming back this season."

15/09/2005 03:00
[post="1490038"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Personally I think this may be a case of cutting and pasting together different comments from different articles. The comment from Vartan, for example, I think may date back to the rumors that began circulating after the season finale in early May, when -if memory serves- Vartan was actually going to be present for all of S5. ^_^

If MV said this, then he really didn't say anything new. We know he's coming back, the question is for how long. Also, he didn't deny the rumours, just asked where the reporters get them from. All of a sudden MV is the only one who can comment on the situation. That's not giving away the storyline. Okay, sorry TPTB and everyone else involved in making this decision, I'm not biting. It's called stringing along the fans. MV and the fans deserve better.

Actually I just read somewhere that that could be from a new article in the US weekly. He was talking to someone at a bospoker.com event?

jems said:
maybe michael vaughn is being killed off..........................but mr michaeux will live on!? :woot:  ie vartan will stay but vaughn won't ;)

if people released that MV ie vaughn may die it could have been easily confused with MV as in vartan is leaving.........but maybe its simply that michael vaughn will no longer exist as he now has a new name :thinking:

*please let this be true*
[post="1474917"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
aah.... a good point, vaughan dies but the character lives on. intriguing

squal10 said:

aah.... a good point, vaughan dies but the character lives on. intriguing
[post="1490550"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

A great idea, except by all accounts Vartan doesn't work there anymore... (n)

Another interesting tidbit: No commercials. I mean, not hardly at all. What does that mean? :confused:

I honestly think that ABC won't kill off Michael Vartan, considering how the fans have reacted with the rumor. Internationally, they will lose a huge number of viewers... Even though this may be their last season, I don't think the cast of Alias would want to leave without a (y) BANG (y)

:D

Vartanlvr said:
I have been an avid fan since the very first episode season 1. I collect the trading cards, action figures, magazines and articles about Alias. I think it is extremly disrespectful to the fans of the show to get rid of Vaughn! I am taping the shows and refuse to watch them til I know if he is dead or not. It will completely crush me and ruin the show for me if he does.

Yes I was a fan of Michael Vartan before he was on Alias. I tuned in to Alias not because of him at first, but because the commercials made it look like an action packed kick ass show. But then low and behold there was this chemistry between Vaughn & Syd. That's what kept me glued, not the missions!!!! Yeah action packed shows are good. But you have to be able to be emotionally attached to the characters in order to care weither or not the missions are successful!

They have built this relationship up since season 1! We have been longing for them to be together. If he leaves it will break this show! Look at season 3 he was married to Lauren..and the ratings sucked! A major majority of the fans want them togther not apart. So we finally get them engaged and now they kill him off! Thats like saying screw you to us fans that have been watching and investing our time to the show. It's just plain felgercarb!

If this were to be the last season of Alias, I would be sad to see it go. But if it were to end with Syd/Vaughn wedding and retirement from the agency. It would be fine by me.

All I have to say is if JJ (who I firmly believe is a creative genious) is letting this happen, he better put Vartan on the other side of the Island on LOST! I could totally deal with a half dressed Matthew Fox and Michael Vartan running around on the island!!!!

On the upside..with all this support for Michael, I hope casting agencies and the powers that be realize how much he is loved and put his fine ass in some more movies!!!
[post="1484874"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
YES!!! Well put!!!

Ill just wait and see where they take the story and enjoy it!

BTW "IF" vaughn is killed off, how will they explain how he would be looking for michael vaighn's father if he isnt michael vaughn. Why would he be soo obsessed with Bill Vaughn if they might not even be related that is another cool storyline i just realized....

1#ALIAS#1 said:
Ill just wait and see where they take the story and enjoy it!

BTW "IF" vaughn is killed off, how will they explain how he would be looking for michael vaighn's father if he isnt michael vaughn. Why would he be soo obsessed with Bill Vaughn if they might not even be related that is another cool storyline i just realized....
[post="1497760"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Maybe he was so avid about finding out if Bill Vaughn was alive because if he indeed was alive, he could expose that Vaughn...well...isn't really Vaughn.

Platinum Brunette said:
Maybe he was so avid about finding out if Bill Vaughn was alive because if he indeed was alive, he could expose that Vaughn...well...isn't really Vaughn.
[post="1497763"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

So how long are we supposed to believe that he was a double agent for, since didn't MV and Weiss come to SD-6 from the CIA together? How are they going to explain him lying to everyone, including his best friend?

:thinking:

JustSayVaughn said:
So how long are we supposed to believe that he was a double agent for, since didn't MV and Weiss come to SD-6 from the CIA together?  How are they going to explain him lying to everyone, including his best friend?

:thinking:
[post="1497773"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Well, since "Vaughn"'s name really isn't Vaughn (and I'm assuming, it never has been), he's been pretty much lying to everyone the whole time. This much was revealed when he told Sydney that his true identity was not "Michael Vaughn".

I don't have an answer to as how they will explain how he has lied to everyone, but the whole reason for my post would be that, if "Vaughn" wasn't really who he said he was, don't you think he would try his best to keep his true identity underwraps, especially if he found out that the person who is supposed to be his father is really alive: the one man who could reveal that Vaughn is not really who he says he is.

Perhaps he did not want his friends or Sydney to find out the truth about him in that way.

So.......couldn't be bothered to read whole topic but......its a bit sketchy as to whether MV is leaving right? Or is it for definate that he's leaving? Bcos if he is i'm not watching season 5. ABC can bugger off they've lost my vote!!

Well, since "Vaughn"'s name really isn't Vaughn (and I'm assuming, it never has been), he's been pretty much lying to everyone the whole time. This much was revealed when he told Sydney that his true identity was not "Michael Vaughn".

I don't have an answer to as how they will explain how he has lied to everyone, but the whole reason for my post would be that, if "Vaughn" wasn't really who he said he was, don't you think he would try his best to keep his true identity underwraps, especially if he found out that the person who is supposed to be his father is really alive: the one man who could reveal that Vaughn is not really who he says he is.

Perhaps he did not want his friends or Sydney to find out the truth about him in that way.

I agree that it still doesn't fit because at first Syd was helping him search for his Dad. Right there could have opened up the possibility of her learning something negative about him...

just thought id let everyone know that over on abc medianet for the episodes they list him as occuring in episode 2 and 3

SYDNEY RELUCTANTLY PARTNERS WITH NEW AGENT THOMAS GRACE (BALTHAZAR GETTY) TO TRACK DOWN RACHEL GIBSON (RACHEL NICHOLS) -- WHO IS SUSPECTED OF WORKING AGAINST THE UNITED STATES -- AND DIXON ACCOMPANIES SLOANE FROM PRISON TO ACQUIRE A POSSIBLE CURE FOR NADIA, ON ABC'S "ALIAS"

"The Shed" - Sydney is forced to partner on a mission with new APO agent Thomas Grace. They discover that Rachel Gibson -- a spy suspected of being involved in activities against the U.S. -- has something shockingly in common with Sydney. Meanwhile, Dixon must accompany Sloane, who's given a 48-hour pass from prison to acquire a possible cure for his daughter, Nadia, on "Alias," THURSDAY, OCTOBER 13 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

"Alias" stars Jennifer Garner as Sydney Bristow, Victor Garber as Jack Bristow, Ron Rifkin as Arvin Sloane, Michael Vartan as Michael Vaughn, Carl Lumbly as Marcus Dixon, Kevin Weisman as Marshall Flinkman, Balthazar Getty as Thomas Grace, Rachel Nichols as Rachel Gibson and Ilodie Bouchez as Renie Rienne.

Guest starring are Amy Acker as Kelly Peyton, Jack Laufer as Alexander Dolzhenko, Alex Demir as guard, Hrach Titizian as lead scientist, Ondrej Habinak as Russian officer, Tyrees Allen as Gordon Dean, Dan Koz as baseball cap and David Pressman as Walsh.

"The Shed" was written by Breen Frazier and directed by Tucker Gates.

"Alias" is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's selected HDTV format, with 5.1-channel surround sound and Spanish subtitles via secondary closed captioning.

A TV parental guideline will be assigned closer to airdate.

from ABC"

What do you all think? I think what Sydney and Rachel
Gibson have shockingly in common is that Rachel has also been dating someone that was a double agent, or that this agent Gibson knows Vaughn. Maybe Gibson and Vaughn are partners at whatever agency Vaughn is a double for... It's just like Vaughn and Syd at the CIA...maybe, just maybe.

If Vaughn is being written out of the show I feel that its a bad judgment call on the part of the writers and producers- don't get me wrong I love them all they are brilliant! But I feel that If you get rid of Vaughn then you earn an unwanted risk of losing viewers if he doesn't stay in the show. I know that a lot of viewers look forward to seeing him on the show. I know that I will keep on watching the show even if he does leave, but writing a character that viewers love out of a show that still has yet to get stable weekly ratings just doesn't make any sense. I wouldn't worry too much, I think that with keeping good characters in an exciting show with an exciting plot will make alias a must see for viewers across North America and around the world.

No need to double post

Personally I think they are just being pansies about the whole thing and won't admit that he's not in that episode. But also maybe, his character will appear again soon, so they aren't taking him off the cast list.

Back