Season 5 Important News regarding Michael Vartan/Vaughn

This thread was closed over at SD-1 due to frequent immaturity and ridiculous behaviour by people on both sides. Take this as an advance warning: that kind of behavior will not be tolerated here, either.

Please feel free to discuss or speculate on the topic or the show. But this seeming desire in Alias fandom to demand explanations from fellow fans or force viewers to another's way of thinking is ridiculous and ruins it for all. Thus, any posts of this nature, regardless of the viewpoint, will be edited.

You've been warned.

uhhh didn't michael vartan himself say publicly that he's not leaving the show? i think he would know.

I don't think anyone over at ABC is talking, including him. Saying that rumors aren't true is a pretty general statement. He could be talking about any of the rumors. Also I think we will know a lot more after Thursday... so...

I believe that Bill Vaughn is really MV's father, regardless of what the names all turn out to be. If the writers make it so that BV is NOT MV's father, that would be a big mistake. I always remembder when MV shows up at Sydney's door and says that he couldn't leave because he knew that his father wouldn't have left either, that touched my heart. Also in season 3, it is revealed that MV always has a hard time around the anniversary of his father's death.
I know they could come up with some explanation about that, but I think it makes most sense that he really and truly was Vaughn's father. A theory I had right at the beginning of the summer was that their last name really was something else and the family had to change their name to be protected... but I don't know, just speculation!

I just read interview with MV over at alias-media.com and he is talking a little about season 5. He doesn't give any info really (who knows when in the last three months this was given), but he does say "we" a lot and it seems he is talking about alias season 5 as though he is still on the inside.

uhhh didn't michael vartan himself say publicly that he's not leaving the show? i think he would know.
I don't think anyone over at ABC is talking, including him. Saying that rumors aren't true is a pretty general statement. He could be talking about any of the rumors. Also I think we will know a lot more after Thursday... so...

He never said they weren't true. He said that the rumors were indeed rumors. As in, until the episode airs, it is in fact still a rumor.

I believe that Bill Vaughn is really MV's father, regardless of what the names all turn out to be. If the writers make it so that BV is NOT MV's father, that would be a big mistake. I always remembder when MV shows up at Sydney's door and says that he couldn't leave because he knew that his father wouldn't have left either, that touched my heart. Also in season 3, it is revealed that MV always has a hard time around the anniversary of his father's death.
I know they could come up with some explanation about that, but I think it makes most sense that he really and truly was Vaughn's father. A theory I had right at the beginning of the summer was that their last name really was something else and the family had to change their name to be protected... but I don't know, just speculation!

I just read interview with MV over at alias-media.com and he is talking a little about season 5. He doesn't give any info really (who knows when in the last three months this was given), but he does say "we" a lot and it seems he is talking about alias season 5 as though he is still on the inside.

I also believe that Bill Vaughn has to stay MV's dad because remember in S1 and he found Syd at the train station (when she was ready to go trade the rambaldi paper for Will), and the speech he gave regarding his dad being a company man......... he was so earnest, it would be a shame to negate all that!!!! and also in S4 when he injected himself with that unknown drug just to find out about his dad...... that would be hard to explain if this whole thing had been a big charade!!!!!!

I also believe that Bill Vaughn has to stay MV's dad because remember in S1 and he found Syd at the train station (when she was ready to go trade the rambaldi paper for Will), and the speech he gave regarding his dad being a company man......... he was so earnest, it would be a shame to negate all that!!!! and also in S4 when he injected himself with that unknown drug just to find out about his dad...... that would be hard to explain if this whole thing had been a big charade!!!!!!

True, unless he just found out too.

im sure being the fans that u all are.. u already know that micheal vartan is going to be guest starring in an episde of bradley cooper's (will tippin) new show kitchen confidential...

if you owned abc... would u let one of ur actors guest start on another network like fox? i wouldnt... he's gone... but maybe he will have a guest appearence during sweeps week... alias has to leave a possibility of bringing vaughn back for that reason...

i hope i posted this in the right section...

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Michael Vartan's "Alias" character didn't fare so well in Thursday night's season premiere, but the actor will resurface soon with one of his former co-stars.
FOX says Vartan will guest-star on a forthcoming episode of its freshman comedy "Kitchen Confidential," which stars his former "Alias" castmate Bradley Cooper. The episode begins shooting next week; an airdate hasn't been set.

Vartan, a native of France, will play an arrogant French chef named Michel who copies Jack's (Cooper) menu at his own restaurant and sets out to steal Mimi (Bonnie Somerville) as well. His actions spark a nasty feud between the crew at Jack's Nolita and Michel's bistro.

He can't be gone and I refuse to believe it. I have been watching Alias from day one and have been totally in love with Jennifer and Michale's characters.

I've watched the Syd/Vaughn relationship develop over 4 years through all kinds of hardship and now, after they finally are engaged, the writers are killing him off. I feel like TPTB have been toying with the viewers and I am tired of it.

ITA! I have been watching this show for 4 years just WAITING for Syd and Vaughn to get married and when they finally get engaged he dies??? OH COME ON! This can't be.

OMG i know!.. how sad is this! i literally cried throughout the whole damn episode! i'm so pissed off! i don't even want to watch Alias anymore!.. ok not but still.. how is it alias without MV! he was one of the reasons i watched it.. well MV n SB's storyline! now thats done.. i'm so depressed! ahhhhhhh :( :( :( :(

so is micheal really gone. i dont think he is. i think this is all going to go back to francie remember how she was doubled well i think michael was.

I can't believe he's gone... i am still in denial... It's terrible! Alias will never be the same if he is really dead.... I am sooo upset......

ditto! i am still indenial! i can't believe he is dead! why why why?!? pls pls pls bring him back! its not fair!

Well That didn't take long at all! :rolleyes: Seems Michael Vartan's biography has already been removed:

ABCmedianet

Thanks to redhat at sd-1 for the heads up.

Back