important questions re Langley/CIA! [title ed]

freaky

Cadet
hey, I have a question that has been bugging me 4 a long long time...
whats "langley" (sp?) they talked about in alias?
I figured out it some agency that overpowers CIA and NSA - am I right?
do they really have it?
and while Im at it- whats teh difference between NSA and CIA?

Langley, VA is where the main CIA facility is located.

I think that Langley is the head office for the CIA and yes the NSA is different from the CIA.

freaky said:
oh!!wow!!! that excatly makes lots of sense!!! thank u so much!
[post="1280833"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

freaky said:
whats teh difference between NSA and CIA?
[post="1280807"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
NSA stands for National Security Agency and CIA stands for Central Intellagence Agency. the names are pretty self explanitory. The CIA deals with threats from without (opposite of the FBI which deal with threats from within) the US. the NSA is similar, but at the same time it's different (lol). NSA website
CIA website

it is the headquarters building for the central intelligence
agency in langley, virginia, minutes away from
washington, d.c.
in the lobby there are stars on the wall
denoting the agents
who have been lost in the field
there is also a super-encrypted message
which is supposed to take
experts years to decipher
relating to the mission of the agency

the national security agency
is within heavily secure
buildings at ft. meade maryland
that is the base that issued
my background check
and clearance in the military...

mc

Are you referring to the Kryptos sculpture?

The Kryptos sculpture is a scuplture in one of Langley's courtyards. It's made of a few different parts, but the most noticeable/important part is a copper screen. There is an encrypted text engraved in it. what they have decoded (3 out of the 4 sections) is interesting.

thanx 4 all ur answers ppl!
I love the whole Kryptos story!!! they still didnt encrypted the fourth section?
I wonder what it means!!!
thanx verdantheart for the links! very intersting!

Hibou said:
Kryptos is so weird, yet so utterly awesome at the same time. I'd like to see it one day...
[post="1289271"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
You might have to become an agent or get special permission because I understand that it's in a secure location.

And, you're welcome. I thought folks might be interested in it. ;)

That Elonka person said she got access, but it looks like it was a special trip because she thanked her tour guides for letting her take special peeks.

Lol, I guess I'll just have to work for the CIA, then. Lol

BTW, on the subject of the Elonka lady, she wrote about something cool on her page. In one section of Kryptos, there is a Lat and Long referenced. Most people think it's the location of Kryptos (The coordinates DO point to somewhere in CIA HQ). But She said that her GPS said that it would be in the opposite courtyard, where she says she saw a lone tree and a manhole where it would approximately be. Hmmm...

Back