In a world of madness, a single moment of sanity appears.

Right so, awile ago, I asked if anyone was familiar with 4chan.org. It's a imageboard where stupidity, randomness, and -------nessicity roam the planes. And as the topic suggests, in this world of "whoknowswhat" this single thread showed up, and it caught my interests.. Could be fake, but I thought it was interesting.

---------------------------------

Well /b/ I've decided to take tomorrow off which is why I'm up writing this, and it's not copypasta (or not yet). Anyways, I work at a fast food place (it's a local thing so I won't bother mentioning the name). I was just about ready to close up shop, everyone else had already left, when I noticed a little girl walking around outside. She was just sort of loitering, walking around in circles. I didn't really get a good look at her, but I continued with closing procedures.

After I had locked the safes and checked and double checked this and that, I noticed she was still out there. She was just sitting in the rain. I figured she must be lost, so I decided to do my good civilian duty and help her out. Upon going out there I got a good look at her. She looked to be around 7 years old, with short black hair (pageboy style like Rei). I didn't really know her ethnicity, she looked pale white but had some asian features. Her clothes, a pair of jeans and a t-shirt (hardly fitting attire for the weather) were tattered, dirty, soaked, and it looked like she had been wearing them for quite some time (and she didn't smell like roses and candy either). She had her face in her knees just sort of lightly sobbing, and she didn't seem to notice me even though I was fairly close to her. Until I finally said "hi". Then she looked up, and I could clearly see she was blind. This startled me a bit, and now I felt bad. I just let some blind defenseless girl cry outside of my store while I went about my business. Unlike most /b/tards, I have some conscience (and I wasn't actually thinking about sticking it in the pooper). I asked if her if she'd like to come out of the rain. She got up, and I lead her into the store. I asked her if she wanted something to eat, and she nodded her head yes. She didn't answer about what she wanted though, and that's when it hit me again. "Can you talk?" I asked her, to which she shook her head no and started to sob a bit more.

I put my hand on her shoulder (not pervertedly) and said, "It's okay, I'll make you something good." She dried her tears a bit, and I fixed her a sub. I gave it to her, and she devoured it. Since her clothes were in terrible shape, and she acts like she hasn't eaten in forever, I asked her my third question. "Do you have a home?" to which she again gave a meek no. I didn't want to see her cry again, so I told her I'd take her back to my apartment (and no, once again, I wasn't trying to stick it in the pooper). So, in that very short amount of time, I now had this little girl accompanying me home. And I was thinking that she probably should've been snatched up by pedophiles by now being out on the street. She's tattered and dirty, but still pretty undernearth. I took her out to my car, and buckled her into the front seat next to me. I think I could tell at that point she wanted more to eat.

On the car ride to my place I didn't really know what to say, so I was generally quiet. I asked her if she had any parents, to which she responded no, so I suppose they're dead. I asked her old she was and she stuck up 8 fingers (I was close). Every once in a while I would put my arm on her back and rub it a bit, trying to be comforting. I don't really think she noticed or cared. Obviously some bad ---- has happened to her, and for all she knows she could end up in my glovebox. Of course maybe 8 year olds don't think thoughts like that, only /b/tards like me.
We arrived at my apartment, and I walked in with her. My roomate Luke was up in the living room playing 360 online, and he just gave me a raised eyebrow. Luke wouldn't suspect me of being a pedophile or serial killer, but one of us bringing an 8 year old home isn't normal. So I told her to go into the kitchen and eat what she wants, and I'll talk to Luke. I gave her a gentle nudge in the direction of the kitchen and she went in (they're connected except for a little counter thing between them). He turned off the 360 (oh noes his rankings). "So what's going on?" "I found her outside of [place where I work]" "So you brought her home?" "She's blind, mute, and she doesn't have any parents or a place to stay." "Okay, but she's sleeping in your room."

And with that, he turned on his 360 again. We were friends, but we made it a priority not to pry in each other's business. I went back into the kitchen to find my loli friend sitting down with a bag of chips she found. I realized that I forgot she's blind and has no idea what my kitchen's layout is. I asked her if she wanted something else, and she nodded her head yes. I thought of the only thing I could, and grabbed a paper and pencil. I put the pencil in her hand and pressed it down on the paper. I had no idea if she could write or not, but she wrote down a rough sort of scribbly word which I made out to be "sandwich". So I put together and sandwich with anything I could find, salami, cheese, etc. I didn't think she would be a picky eater. She inhaled it pretty much, and it was at this point I remembered she smelled like somebody had used her hair to clean their colon. She needed a bath, and since she was blind I would have to be the one to give it to her. I said "How about we get you clean?" and she nodded yes. I wondered how long it's been since she's bathed. Luke looked back at me and just shook his head, so I put my hands up in the sort of "What else am I going to do?" motion, and followed her into the bathroom.

I peeled her clothes off of her, and put them on the ground for later burning. I grabbed the soap and washed her, she didn't seem to object to me doing this. I got her as thoroughly clean as I could, and I could tell she was getting very tired. I dried her off, and her eyes were shutting so I carried her to my room. Walking out of the bathroom carrying a naked loli in my arms, Luke gave me another look. A look like, "Man I've been minding my business all night but what the hell are you doing?" I payed him no mind and carried her to my room. I put a pair of my boxers on her and a t-shirt of mine and laid her on my bed. I put the quilt over her and she settled immediately into the bed. She looked like she was the most comfortable she's been in a long time. I didn't know where she had been sleeping for the past bit, but it was probably wasn't ideal. I sat down on the edge of the bed and popped my shoes off and just gave a sigh. Not really of frustration, I was just disillusioned with what was going on. I went out of the room and turned the light off (she was already fast asleep by now) and went out to Luke. We played some Perfect Dark and discussed some chick, ignoring the obvious topic.

After I got finished with him, I realized this was probably /b/'s specialty and decided to write it up. I don't really know what I should do with her. I was considering taking her to the police station, but I began wondering. Why would she run away from home? Maybe she has some physically or sexually abusive father at home who's just going to go and claim and her and beat her or molest her again. She said her parents were dead, but that might not be entirely true. And I began wondering if I technically kidnapped her. She could just be some kid that ran away and if her parents raise a ruckus could I get in trouble for doing a good deed? I hope not. I do need to get some sleep though, so I'll be going to bed soon. I've decided to take the day off tomorrow, to figure out who she is and I think she might have a little cold (I sound like a mother already!). So yeah, no pooper sticking, sorry for wasting your time /b/.

---------------------------------

Mind you, I know absolutely nothing about this guy, or if this is real.. But when a imageboard is normally filled with fart jokes, stuff like this really shines. What does HH think about it?

Please excuse all the crude jokes, it is straight from an imageboard after all. (Also, yes, tons of people are telling him to contact child services.)

If this is true he acted in way, pretty close to what I would have done. (At least I hope I would have)

I saw, yours truly, Michael Moores new film Sicko last night and this kind of compassion, this guy showed, is exactly what I (and Michael Moore, I guess) would like to see more of.

What country did this take place? If it was in Sweden we have high quality system for left out kids and I wouldn't hesitate to call them. In other countries, I don't know much of... but Michael Moore didn't show the bright side of US health care, so if that's where it happened, I wouldn't know what to do. In a way he breaks the law by not calling anyone (as he pointed out) but then again, what will happen IF he calls the police of social services.
I would have tried to keep some sort of contact with this girl, whatever happened.

Good post Watchmaker!

Wow that tugged at my heart strings :(
I would have done the same thing, take her home and feed her and get her cleaned up and let her sleep.
I would wait until morning, then call the child services, I would want to keep in contact with them to see how she was doing and hopefully get to visit her.

OMG I hope this isn't real and just some guy that can really write a good story.

She's obviously been alone for a very long time.. but not always blind. That's what worries me. How did she become blind? If she know how to write, then she must have been able to see at one time or had REALLY good teaching. It leaves to question also why she no longer can talk or if she ever could.

I don't think he has any worry about having "kidnapped" her.. Well, we can only hope it will all turn out for the best. If he calls, though, they will most certainly make sure she is not with him. He seems like he's already becoming attached.

In a good world, I'd have done the same. In the current world, where any state-attorney generals office will file a lawsuit for someone being a pedophile and harming a child with no proof of such, I'd say, cover your behind, and call the police from the start, with the exception of... feeding her the sub.

Personally, I love chivalry, manners, and being kind to your neighbor or a stranger. Now, U.S. citizens sue one another for such things, sometimes for thinking that waving a "hello" is a come on and liable to be sexual harassment. That's my take anyhow...

~ Jar

In a good world, I'd have done the same. In the current world, where any state-attorney generals office will file a lawsuit for someone being a pedophile and harming a child with no proof of such, I'd say, cover your behind, and call the police from the start, with the exception of... feeding her the sub.

Personally, I love chivalry, manners, and being kind to your neighbor or a stranger. Now, U.S. citizens sue one another for such things, sometimes for thinking that waving a "hello" is a come on and liable to be sexual harassment. That's my take anyhow...

~ Jar

Well said.

I think I probably wouldn't have paid enough attention to her to really notice more than the fact that she was a little girl sitting in the rain.

The whole "bath" thing... Well, I think I probably would've just showed her where things are, and given her a bell, or something, in case she absolutely needed my help. Beyond that, it's just a little creepy.

Back