In-game Time

Seeria

Cadet
I'm curious how time is counted in game. Best not by the whirl of a wheel but twirl of the world?

okay... seriously

In game time is measured how? How many real life minutes equals a full day in Elanthia (HJ's Elanthia at least)?

How many days are in a year?

Lore wise, how many seasons are there?

Are the days split equally with night or are nights shorter... longer... ??

How is a year split up? Months, weeks, days? Or? Can you give us the names of these divisions?

What day is considered the first year?

Lore-fected minds wish to know!

Sylvado

Cadet
Originally posted by Seeria@Jun 23 2006, 05:51 PM
I'm curious how time is counted in game. Best not by the whirl of a wheel but twirl of the world?

okay... seriously

In game time is measured how? How many real life minutes equals a full day in Elanthia (HJ's Elanthia at least)?

How is a year split up? Months, weeks, days? Or? Can you give us the names of these divisions?

In Dragonrealms time is a 4:1 ratio. Day and night are about equal with no seasonal changes to daylight. The world must be huge as there is no discernible difference as you travel north and south so I suspect the world of DR is on a small piece of land near the equator.

Jaraeth

Cadet
good questions to add to the 'ask a dev' thread, that is... if none respond to you here ;)

~ Jaraeth

Xblood

Cadet
Time Zones would be funny.. step accrosed a zone and its daylight and then go back to the other zone its night... but i think the time should be 30mins daylight and 30mins night.. thats what like EQ was and thats what most MMORPGs are now.. well the 1's i played

Sylvado

Cadet
Originally posted by Xblood@Jun 23 2006, 08:03 PM
Time Zones would be funny.. step accrosed a zone and its daylight and then go back to the other zone its night... but i think the time should be 30mins daylight and 30mins night.. thats what like EQ was and thats what most MMORPGs are now.. well the 1's i played
If you have content that varies with time of day I think one day in one RL hour is too fast. I wouldn't go beyond 6:1.

Seeria

Cadet
EQ is three hours game time equals ten minutes real time. Nights (as in dark) is shorter than daylight time.

F

frostydf2

Originally posted by Morneblade+Jun 23 2006, 09:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Morneblade @ Jun 23 2006, 09:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Seeria@Jun 23 2006, 08:55 PM
The lady in charge of such things has posted on the official forums
http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?fo...gory=3&topic=13
Um, where? The link takes me to a LotR discussion about Loresingers [/b][/quote]
You have to love the HJ official forums. In fact, I truely do.

Sylvado

Cadet
Originally posted by frostydf2@Jun 23 2006, 09:40 PM
You have to love the HJ official forums. In fact, I truely do.
I never got a message there telling me I had to wait for flood control.

The person that provided the link didn't do it properly.

Proper link here

Jaraeth

Cadet
I think frosty is insane.

In response to Seeria's questions:

Originally posted by HJ-Arien

In response to all your questions, this particular subject, is a project I am now working on and I have no answers yet for you. Think of this as more news to come at some point :)

Do you have any neat suggestions while we are on the topic that I might consider?
Sometimes... it's just easier to copy the answer here ;)

~ Jaraeth

Sylvado

Cadet
Originally posted by Seeria@Jun 24 2006, 12:19 AM
lol So I see. Thanks, Syl
Actually, there is an icon in the upper right corner of each post that will copy the link to the post in a window so you can copy and paste. Just one of those things you don't find on other boards.

F

frostydf2

Originally posted by Sylvado+Jun 23 2006, 06:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sylvado @ Jun 23 2006, 06:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Seeria@Jun 23 2006, 05:51 PM

okay... seriously

In Dragonrealms time is a 4:1 ratio. Day and night are about equal with no seasonal changes to daylight. The world must be huge as there is no discernible difference as you travel north and south so I suspect the world of DR is on a small piece of land near the equator. [/b][/quote]
Did some text come up saying it was night? Just kidding! I had to do it. Sorry!

Daax

Cadet
I'd like day and night to last longer than the average 30 seconds as it does on Legend of Zelda games.

Top Bottom