In Good Business

Title: In Good Business
Author: Sydney (Sydney Bristow 2300844)
Summary: Jack Bristow is a devoted husband and family man. He has worked at Omnifam for over 20 years when one day, someone informs him that he's being replaced. This doesn't go over too well with Jack but he tries to accept it.
A/N: I saw In Good Company yesterday and decided to change it to make it an Alias version.

Disclaimer: I don't own Alias or In Good Company. I do own my own storylines, characters, etc.

~Chapter One~
~Being Replaced~

“Jack, I need to talk to you for a moment.” Arvin Sloane stated to Jack Bristow. Jack merely nodded and followed him.

“What is it?” Jack asked. “Is Emily okay?” Emily Sloane was Arvin’s wife. She had been diagnosed with cancer nearly a year prior.

“Yes, she’s fine Jack.” Arvin sighed. “This isn’t an easy thing to say but when Am-Corp bought out Omnifam last month, they decided to reorganize all of the offices.”

“Wait…Am I being fired?” Jack asked concerned.

“No Jack.” Arvin replied with a slight chuckle. “You’re just being replaced.”

Jack’s eyes widened. “Replaced? By who?”

“Just someone from Am-Corp. You need to move out of the corner executive office by noon tomorrow.” Arvin said before walking out of the coffee room.

Jack Bristow was fifty-one. He had graying hair and had been working with his good friend, Arvin Sloane at Omnifam for over twenty years. He was married and had two kids, Sydney who was 22 and Nadia who was almost 17. Jack loved Laura, his wife of thirty years, as well as his two daughters. The Bristows lived outside of New York City in a nice house with green shutters. It was the ideal house. Jack was a devoted family man as well as a well respected business man. Never did he think that he would be replaced.

At precisely seven in the evening, the entire family was seated at the dinner table eating. Jack liked to keep things on a schedule, much to the other family members’ dislike.

“Hey, Dad?” Sydney asked in between bites of lasagna.

“Yes?” Jack asked.

“I reserved the court for tomorrow afternoon. That is if you’re not too busy.” Sydney said.

Sydney had started playing tennis when she was only nine years old. It had become more than just a hobby. It had become a way of relieving stress when things didn’t always go her way. Not to mention her dad usually joined her once a week.

“Sure. Just swing by the office and we’ll go from there.” Jack promised.

“Great!” Sydney said with a smile.

“So, Nadia how was your history test?” Laura asked. She knew her youngest daughter hated history. Nadia also didn’t make an A in history very often.

“I don’t know. We don’t get the scores back until like a month. You know how long Mr. Pauley takes to grade stuff.” Nadia answered and Laura nodded.

The rest of the meal continued on with some occasional small talk and then the girls went to their rooms to continue their homework.

-The Next Morning-

Jack’s alarm clock went off at exactly 5:15 AM and he got up. After a shower and getting ready, he went down stairs quietly as to not wake up the rest of the household and started making himself something to eat in the dark kitchen.

He turned on the small T.V. in the kitchen and watched the weather while he drank some of his coffee. There would be a high of 54 degrees, average for this time of the year in New York. Jack drank almost three fourths of his coffee and then went to dump the rest of it out in the trash can. As he did so, he noticed a small box in the bag. A box for a pregnancy test. He picked it up and nothing was in it. Sighing, he dumped the remainder of his coffee in the bag and put the cup in the dishwasher just as the clock turned to 6 AM. Jack walked outside, locking the door behind him and drove into Manhattan where Omnifam was located, making a mental note to talk to his eldest, Sydney about the box in the trash bag.

Forty-five minutes later, Jack sat in his office when Arvin Sloane came in.

“Jack, you need to start boxing everything up!” Arvin said after noticing everything was still in its usual place.

“If I may ask, who is replacing me?”

Arvin tried to remember the name. “Some guy named Michael Vaughn I think. Start packing up. You need to be out of here by noon.” He said and left.

i like it...i saw the movie (which was good, but the ending was just ok) i can't wait to see where you are going with this...can i get a pm

Ah, I see how Syd and Vaughn meet
Syd goes to Vaughn's new office to find her dad and instead finds him
I didn't see the movie, so I hope I can still follow along
Can I get a PM, please?

I loved the movie, I just though the ending wasn't that good. ;)

And yes, all of you can have a PM

PM LIST: IN GOOD BUSINESS

msu_ruby
sexcivaughn14
PoketRockets11
stealthy
Mountaineer4746

Wow! Can i get a pm please?

Who does the pregnancy test belong to?

...and do Syd and Vaughn already know each other, as in do they have anything to do with the test?

Please update soon...

That was great ... so does Jack still have a job (caused being replaced mean someone else will be doing your job) ... ohh wounder who might be preggers ??? it would be soo funny if it was Syd with Mcihaels baby ... lamo ... Jack would throw a fit or kill him one or the other ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

OMV! I just got back from seeing this movie and here I am with a PM of an Alias version. :hug: That is so weird. And I love the movie, but I couldn't stand the ending. But this chapter is awesome. (y) I love the way it's Jack, but it's hard to see Jack being Dennis Quiad. Just reallly hard. But you're doing a really good job writing it. Happy to see you writing again. :hug: Thanx for the PM, and I'd love to keep getting them.

--Riley :hug:

Back