In My Life

Great last 2 updates!! I really liked all the flashbacks. It was nice to see how they first met and all that. :D
Thanks for the PM! I cant wait for more!

The Flashbacks were great. I am glad that Michael wasn't there when Syd told her parents because i am pretty sure they would have killed him.

Thanks for the pm.

“Yes you would have and I know it. So it’s just better off that you didn’t know because I couldn’t have lived with that. It ended happy or as happy as it could have ended. That’s the way it was supposed to be…” She said. He just looked at her. “I’m sorry; I have to go.”
“Alright… bye…” He sighed as she walked out the door.

come back sydneeeey

so sad with her parents, how she told michael on the phone she wanted to break up...
so freaking sad :cry:
loved it though
i hope they can rekindle soon....
that was so sweet michael gave caro the rose....
loved that :love:

So Jack and Laura don't speak to Sydney at all. Then I'd say they're missing out on a good thing- their granddaughter.

Vaughn wants to be a father to Carolyn and I hope she'll let him.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

aww... that was so sad... syd had to go through so much and she was so young... i hope she'll be able to get back together with vaughn and tell caro about everything soon... i cant take all this angst!!... update soon

OMG!
I think I'm in love with this fic.
The flashbacks are great!
I loved all the S/V flashbacks.
Vaughn giving Carolyn that rose was so sweet!
I feel so sorry for Sydney about what she had to go through telling her mum and dad! It must have been so horrible.
She is right though it would have been so hard if Michael had been there but he did have a right to know.
Thanx for the pm
Update soon

omg i love this chap! nadia is awesome & hysterical

Chapter 13
“Mom seriously what is with you?” Carolyn asked impatiently.
“What do you mean what’s with me?”
“You go out like every other night and come home in tears, what’s going on? I’m really worried.” She sighed.
“Nothing’s wrong I swear.” Sydney said. “I’m just…working on something and it’s really frustrating sometimes.”
“Fine… whatever… lie to me… see if I care” Carolyn sighed.
“Carolyn…” Sydney said, but Carolyn just walked away.

~*~

“This is really getting bad.” Sydney said when Michael opened the door to his apartment.
“What is?” he asked.
“Carolyn… she’s really starting to hate me for being so secretive.” Sydney sighed.
“Well finals are next week so…” Michael said.
“Yeah; we’ll tell her then.” Sydney smiled; Michael smiled back. “Oh here I brought you this.” She said handing him a photo album.
“What is it?”
“The first seven years of our daughter, in photographic form of course.” She laughed slightly.
Michael smiled at her. She had said ‘our daughter’. That sounded good. He took the book from her and sat down on the couch with it.
“I’ll narrate it for you.” Sydney smiled a she sat down next to him on the couch.
“Okay.” He smiled as he opened it up. The first page had her hospital bracelet, birth announcement, foot prints and a photograph of her taken only hours after she was born. Immediately Michael began to tear up as he traced the tiny footprints with his finger. Next to the footprints was written May 12, 2002 Caroline Catherine Bristow 6 pounds 5 ounces.
“That was both the best and scariest day of my life.” Sydney sighed.

*FLASHBACK*
“OH MY GOD THIS HURTS!” Sydney screamed as a contraction coursed through her body.
“On the bright side Syd you missed your bio test today.” Nadia said brightly.
“Shut up Nadia.” Sydney groaned.
“Alright its time we go to the delivery room.” The doctor told her.
“Already?” Sydney asked.
“It’s been almost 10 hours.” Nadia sighed.
“Thanks for the reminder.” Sydney said as she gritted her teeth through another contraction. “Nadia,” Sydney said grabbing tightly to her sisters hand. “I can’t do this by myself.”
“Yes you can Syd; you have to. You know I’d come with you if I could.” Nadia said.
“Please can she come?” Sydney begged one of the nurses. “My parents don’t even care…” She said, tears streaming down her face.
The nurse took pity on her. She turned to Nadia. “You realize what’s going to happen right?”
“I’m 12 not stupid.” Nadia said. “I saw the video in health class.”
“This is going to be a lot more up close and personal.” Sydney groaned.
“Hello it’s not like I’m going to be on that end.” Nadia said.
“Let’s go then.” The nurse said.

~*~

“AHHH!” Sydney screamed.
“Syd you’re breaking my hand!” Nadia cried.
“YOU WOULD BE TOO!” Sydney screamed.
“Only one more push ok?” The doctor said.
“No, no I can’t do it. I’m only 17 I should be at the mall!” Sydney cried.
“It’s a little late for that.” Nadia sighed.
“Shut UP Nadia! AHHHH!!!”
Then Sydney’s screaming stopped and a smaller, higher pitched wailing began.
“Holy felgercarb that just came out of you!” Nadia exclaimed as she looked at the pink crying baby the doctor held.
“Oh my god, what is it?” Sydney sobbed, still holding tightly to her sister’s hand.
“It’s a girl.” The doctor smiled.
“Oh she’s perfect.” Sydney sighed.
“She looks gross.” Nadia pointed out.
“NADIA that’s my daughter and your niece.”
Nadia shrugged. “Sorry but she does.”
“We’ll clean her off.” The doctor sighed as he handed the crying baby to the nurse.
“Ya did good sis.” Nadia smiled.
“Thanks.” Sydney smiled back, wiping away her tears.
A few moments later the nurse handed the baby to Sydney who cradled her gently. “Hi baby, I’m your mommy and I love you so much.” Sydney whispered softly as she rocked the infant. Nadia sniffed back tears beside her as she reached out and touched one of the baby’s tiny hands.
“I’m gonna go tell Mom and Dad ok?” Nadia asked.
“Alright.” Sydney sighed.
Nadia went to walk out the door but looked back briefly. “JESUS!” She shouted.
“What?” Sydney gasped as he sister had her face covered with her hands.
“Nothing… I just got a really bad view…”
*ENDFLASHBACK*

Michael laughed slightly. “If only Nadia’s reactions were caught on video.”
“Yeah they would have been hysterical.” Sydney laughed.
Michael continued to flip through the photo album. He saw many pictures of Sydney with her dimpled smile cradling her baby and feeding her, playing with her or just holding her. A few scattered pictures of Nadia holding her were thrown in too. Then he moved on to pictures of her sitting in a high chair covered in baby food that had escaped her mouth. The pictures when pieced together told the story of their lives; a young mother and daughter trying to figure everything out but loving every moment of it.
One thing he did notice though: there wasn’t one picture, not one, of either Jack or Irina with the baby.
“Syd,” Michael began.
“They never held her, my parents.” She said sadly, knowing exactly what he was going to say. “When Nadia told them that I had a baby girl who was perfectly healthy you know what my dad said?” Sydney asked. Michael shook his head, fearing the worst. “He said ‘Good now let’s all go home; you have school tomorrow.’ He didn’t even care! He just left me in the hospital and told Nadia to tell me they’d be back the next day to pick me up when I was released. Nadia was in tears. She didn’t want to leave me alone. They practically had to drag her to the car. You know what the really sad part is? I didn’t expect anything different.” Sydney sighed.

“The next day, I was in a wheelchair holding her when they pulled up in the car. Nadia was the one who took her and put her in the car seat. Nadia helped me into the car. My parents never even looked. They never even asked what I named her! Nadia was the one that told them….” She sniffed, wiping a tear away.
“Syd that’s awful.” Michael sighed.

“I know.” She said. “And I mean I expected it for myself. I knew they’d hate me forever but they didn’t have to hate her you know? She didn’t do anything to them. She was just tiny and innocent and she just wanted to be loved. I loved her; Nadia loved her; they didn’t.

“At least with my mom I could tell that she was putting on an act at first. Like when I had trouble feeding her I knew my mom wanted to help but had to stop herself. And my mom held her… I remember the first time too. We set up a crib in my bedroom and it was about two days after I came home from the hospital with her. I was exhausted and I had to go back to school the next week so I could take my finals. So not only was I exhausted from taking care of her but I was studying as well. Anyway I had passed out on my bed and I heard her whimpering but I was too tired to move. Then I heard my mom come in the room; she thought I was asleep. She picked up the baby and said, ‘Shh don’t cry angel. You’ll wake your mommy and she’s so tired.’ And then my mom sang to her gently until she fell back asleep. I completely broke down in tears partly because of the lack of sleep and partly because of just… my mom. Because then I knew she cared at least on some level…

“But my dad… he never even looked at Carolyn. Not once; not ever. I don’t think he held her either. Well he might have… when I was asleep or something but maybe he didn’t. He just never cared…” Sydney sighed. Michael sighed as well. He had no idea what to say. He couldn’t imagine parents being that purposely cruel to their daughter and granddaughter, no less.

“But I think the best thing to come out of this was Nadia. She was amazing; truly amazing. She voluntarily changed diapers, helped me bathe her and feed her. And when she got a little older Nadia would baby sit her so I could do my homework or go to the mall for an hour. I never even had to ask her she just did it. That made me love her so much. Partly though, I felt guilty. Because she was growing up more than she had too. I was the 17 year old mother but Nadia became part of a mother too only she was barely 13. She shouldn’t have done it and I told her to stop but she wouldn’t. I know I wouldn’t have made it without her because my parents certainly weren’t willing but… she was there; she was always there.”

A few minutes of silence later Michael turned back to the photo album. As he continued flipping he saw what he knew immediately was his favorite picture of all time. Sydney was asleep on the couch with Carolyn, who looked to be about six, maybe seven moths old, on her stomach. They both looked so perfect; so angelic.

“I love that picture.” Sydney sighed pointing to the same one Michael was admiring. “I have a larger one framed in our house.”
“I love it too.” Michael smiled. Then he turned to the next page and saw Sydney and Nadia both with backpack’s on getting into a car as she handed off a still tiny Carolyn to her mother.

“That was taken the first day of senior year by one of my friends.” Sydney told him. “Going back to school…” She sighed. “That was hard… both times. When I went back to take my finals everyone, EVERYONE stared at me. Every single person in that school was looking at me and judging me. They knew I had my baby because clearly I wasn’t pregnant any longer, plus I had been missing for almost a week… they were judging me but you know what? That was ok. Because I was happy. I knew immediately that I had made the right choice and looking back I know I was right all along. Sure it was hard but… it was worth it, so worth it. I wouldn’t change any of it.” She told him honestly.
“But still that first day of senior year… I cried the whole day. I missed her SO much.” Sydney sighed.

“Yeah, I bet.” Michael laughed slightly. “I mean after spending the whole summer with her.”

“Yep…” Sydney said. Michael continued to leaf through the book. Now Carolyn was getting older. She was crawling, standing, walking, running, playing, laughing, smiling…. Soon he found himself feeling very emotional and he covered his face with his hands so that Sydney wouldn’t see.
“What’s wrong?” She asked as she touched his shoulder gently.
“It’s just… I missed it all… everything…” he sighed sadly.
“I know.” She said. “And I guess that is my one regret but… you won’t have to miss anything else; I promise.”

PM LIST
Alias_rocks_87
Sydney A Vaughn
maddy28
PoketRockets11
texasalias2004
Sydney L Bristow
sexcivaughn14
syd26
rileylovesalias
aliasfancarrie7
Ms.MichaelVaughn
sydney_alias_vaughn
MontrealRocks
msu_ruby
aliasfreak8903
Lovygirl
littleangel
LifesMystery
smartgirl2004
Bamse
julesvartan
alias_luver
luckylass
alizas
sabbiee_co
stealthy
Alwazabrat
shotput25ash
vaughnsgurl4lf
gucci_94
Mountaineer4746
agentmoose
KAliasGirl
WindyStar47
mrs.marshal030791
hannahb
batman
Vaughnlover15
aliaschiksv47
wanttobew/MV
mightylittleone
vaughnshoney
aliasdancer007
mbellsdiva
fire*N*ice
helpleessromantic
aliasgirl89
Nancy O
freckles3706
anyaherrera
catfishally
emotionalrescue
SydVaughn1001
vaughnroxmysox
SydneyVaughn47
ubielecki
unauthorized_girl
frangipani
superspy
Addicted 2 Alias
berry_kyoote_spy88
deranged_girl
ChrisM
broe4ever929
anji_alias
ams4alias
freaky
oooRevesDouxooo
SydneyAnneVaughn
Alias79
fieldstation
NebraskaLuvsVaughn
gonnabfamous07
ToughCookie47
ohiochic2010
cute_as_candy
alias=mylife26
aliasdancer007
mountaineer143
peanutbutter
Brinne
SYD96
littlemissliketofight
Syd_Vaughn 4ver
blue_bird
dsracing99
Bubbles

first?

OMG Janet, I love that chapter!!!! That was brilliant! The way you described the whole thing, with Jack and Irina, and Nadia :blush: it was perfect!!

“OH MY GOD THIS HURTS!” Sydney screamed as a contraction coursed through her body.
“On the bright side Syd you missed your bio test today.” Nadia said brightly.
“Shut up Nadia.” Sydney groaned.
Bahahah, only Nadia would say that :lol:

“AHHH!” Sydney screamed.
“Syd you’re breaking my hand!” Nadia cried.
“YOU WOULD BE TOO!” Sydney screamed.
“Only one more push ok?” The doctor said.
“No, no I can’t do it. I’m only 17 I should be at the mall!” Sydney cried.
LOL :lol: thats hysterical!!

Anyway I had passed out on my bed and I heard her whimpering but I was too tired to move. Then I heard my mom come in the room; she thought I was asleep. She picked up the baby and said, ‘Shh don’t cry angel. You’ll wake your mommy and she’s so tired.’ And then my mom sang to her gently until she fell back asleep. I completely broke down in tears partly because of the lack of sleep and partly because of just… my mom. Because then I knew she cared at least on some level…
God that is amazing... ^_^ you're so good! I had tears in my eyes!!

“It’s just… I missed it all… everything…” he sighed sadly.
“I know.” She said. “And I guess that is my one regret but… you won’t have to miss anything else; I promise.”
And the perfect ending... :angelic: Awesome chapter!!!

“Oh she’s perfect.” Sydney sighed.
“She looks gross.” Nadia pointed out.

Bahahahahaha :D I could SO see that happening. Lol

I loved the last 3 updates (sorry ive been studying for exams) Theyre great and i am SOOOO xcited about Carolyn meeting her dad :smiley:

AGHH i have my first exam tomorrow *cries* :cry: For english.... nuts... lol hope theres more updates soon to cheer me up!!!!!

Aly xx :angelnot:

I really liked the flashbacks and recollections of Sydney on Carolyn's past. The delivery added some humor the lightened the mood, but it didn't draw away from the seriousness of her parent's act. I can't imagine any parent wanting to punish their daughter for having a baby. Sure, she might have mad a bad choice, but now she has to live with the baby and grow up faster...along with face all that at school...I don't think she needed it at home. But at least Nadia was there. :smiley:
And the last sentence...:love:
Thanks for the PM and I can't wait for more. :hug:

Riley xoxo

Back