In My Life

stuid girls. i hate them...well, not all of them...you know what I mean.
great update...looking forward to more S/V fluff!!!!!!!

Oh man, I am so gitty that they are together!, and Oh my gosh if Carol goes sicko on us and try’s to get like nasty skinny I will stop reading!, well for maybe until the next Pm!

That was great ... love proctive Michael soo cute ... awww they together not ... awww poor Carolyn ... hate girls like that ... awww love that Michael was able to help ... he soo needs to move in ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

^_^ Great chapter! I loved the parts between Syd and Michael. Poor Carolyn... That girl was really mean!!
Thanks for the PM! I cant wait for more!

Love the idea of Michael being a worried parent. Syd and Michael were so good with Carolyn when she was so upset. People can be so cruel. Glad they seem to be willing to begin their relationship again.
Thanks for the PM

Great chapter. I am so happy that Michael and Syd are together. I hope Carolyn doesn't let what that girl said affect her too much.

Thanks for the pm.

Aww YAY some syd/vaughn action!! Poor caro though, thats so harsh!! I bet Michael's gonna like talk to that other chick though right? and set her straight, well he should!! thanks for the pm!!

I'm glad Syd and Michael talked sense into Carolyn. Don't want her to think she's fat and then to something drastic to lose weight.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

awww! poor Caro! she's not fat :hugs: and i :love: the uber-fluffy cotton candy fluff! but then again, knowing you, something bad's prolly gonna happen so i'd better love the fluff while it's still here. thanks for the pm and can i be addict #13?

One of my favourites chapter!! I LOVED the kiss between Sydney and Vaughn! That was awesome!! :smiley: Can't wait for more!
Thanks for the PM
Veronique

sydney made the first move. yay!!! oh goody. and then michael stopped... asked her, and he kissed her. Wow.

i am really glad that they are patching things up. it seems like they never broke up. coz, they are so comfy with each other.

anyway, makes me wanna go smack that bulimic's head. if she's thin, it doesnt mean everyone around her needs to be as thin as she is. God... children. what can i say.

:lol: thanks for the pm!

Chapter 23
“Syd can I run something by you?” Michael asked her one day in mid July. In addition to hanging out as a family, Michael and Sydney had been going out on ‘dates’ the past few weeks. Really it was just the two of them hanging out, without Carolyn, who was usually with friends or her Aunt at the time. For the mean time they were keeping these dates a secret from her so that she wouldn’t get her hopes up of them being together permanently incase it didn’t work out.
“Sure.”
“Well soon after I found out about Carolyn I told my parents.” Michael said.
“Oh.” Sydney sighed. “I hope they took it better than mine.”
“They did actually. They want to meet her.” Michael said.
“Oh.”
“I was asking you first to see if it would be ok.”
“No, that’s fine.” Sydney said. “Sure go ahead.”
“Well see there’s one more thing… they still live far away and we can’t drive there and back in one day so it would have to be over night.” Michael said.
“Oh that’s fine.” Sydney said. “I mean as long as Carolyn wants to go.”
“Syd.”
“Yeah?”
“It’s just… you don’t sound fine.” Michael said.
“I don’t?” she asked, trying to mask her voice the best she could. He shook his head. “I’m sorry it’s just…. I guess I’m touchy when it comes to grandparents… I mean I don’t want her to have two sets of grandparents who hate her.”
“They won’t hate her, I promise you. I won’t let anything happen, I swear.” He said. Sydney smiled at him; she believed him. She walked over and gave him a hug and a kiss.
“Thank you.”

~*~

Two days later Michael picked Carolyn up around 10 in the morning and they began the three and a half hour drive to his parent’s house.
“What’s the matter C? You’re quiet.” Michael asked half an hour into their drive.
“Oh… it’s nothing I guess. I’m just nervous.” She sighed. “I want them to like me.”
“They’ll love you just like I do I promise.” He smiled.
Carolyn paused at his comment for a moment. “You love me?” She asked cautiously.
“What? Yes of course I love you.” Michael said.
“I love you too Dad.” She said, wiping a tear from the corner of her eye.
Michael felt emotional himself too. “If I wasn’t driving I’d hug you right now.”
“It’s ok.” She laughed slightly.

Finally they pulled up in front of Michael’s parent’s two-story stone house in a quiet suburban neighborhood. Carolyn grabbed her overnight bag from the back seat and shakily followed her father to the front door. Michael looked back at her and smiled reassuringly.
“It’s going to be ok.” He said. She nodded nervously and followed him into the house, standing behind him the whole time.
“Mom? Dad?” Michael called.
“Oh Bill! They’re here!” his mother squealed as she came into the foyer.
“Hey Mom.” Michael smiled.
“Well where is she?” She asked excitedly.
“What? She’s right… oh.” Michael laughed slightly when he noticed Carolyn was hiding behind him like a scared child. She peeked her head out from around his arm and saw Michael’s mother smiling at her.
“My goodness she has you’re green eyes.” His mother laughed almost giddily.
Carolyn took a cautious step forward so that she was standing beside Michael. She still hadn’t said a word.
“My word she’s huge! I was expecting a little child.” His father said as he came into the foyer as well.
“I told you she was fifteen, Dad.” Michael said. His father just shrugged. “Anyway Mom, Dad this is Carolyn.”
“Hello Carolyn, you can call me Amelia if you’d like.” His mother smiled.
“Bonjour.” Carolyn said quietly.
Amelia laughed. “Parlez vous francais?”
“Non.” She shook her head.
“Ouch not in front of your French teacher.” Michael groaned. Carolyn laughed slightly.
“Well come on we don’t have to stand. Come with me.” Amelia smiled.
“Here I’ll take this upstairs.” Michael said as he took her bag. Carolyn cautiously followed Amelia and Bill back through the house to a large sitting room. She sat nervously on the couch and began to look around the room.
“So you’re 15 right?” Amelia asked. Carolyn nodded. “So you’ll be in what grade in the fall?”
“Tenth.” She said quietly.
“Sorry for asking but, who raised you just your mother?” Amelia asked.
Carolyn was surprised at first by her sister. “Yes and her sister, my Aunt Nadia. My other grandparents didn’t; they essentially threw us out when I was four.” She said bitterly.
“Oh.” Amelia said, surprised by her answer.
“I’m back.” Michael said as he came in and sat next to Carolyn on the couch. “I hope you weren’t bothering her with too many questions.”
“Of course not.” Amelia sighed. “But you never told us how you found her Michael.”
“Well I didn’t exactly find her.” Michael laughed. “Carolyn was in my French class and I had no idea who she really was until her mother came in for a conference and we sorta… figured it out.”
“I see.” Amelia sighed. “Oh! I forgot are you hungry Carolyn? Did you need something to drink?”
“No thank you.” She said quietly.
“You sure C?” Michael asked.
Carolyn nodded. “Where’s the bathroom?” She asked her father.
“It’s right through the kitchen; you can’t miss it.” He said.
“Thanks.” She mumbled as she got off the couch.
“I swear she usually talks more than this.” Michael laughed once she had walked away.
“She seems lovely even though she’s a bit nervous.” Amelia said.
“She’s a beautiful girl Michael.” His father said.
“She is.” Michael nodded.

~*~

That evening after more awkward conversation and a dinner full of Michael’s parents telling childhood stories about him which made Carolyn laugh so hard she was in tears, they all went to bed early. Since there was only one guest room, Carolyn slept in the bed while her father slept on the couch in the room.
“Dad?” She asked once they were both in bed.
“Yeah C?”
“Thanks for bringing me here.” She said.
“Yeah? You’re having an okay time?”
“Uh huh. They actually like me, I think.” She said.
“Of course they like you.” He said.
“Mmm goodnight Dad.” She yawned.
“Night C.”

~*~

“Oh Michael this visit really was too short.” Amelia sighed as they were leaving the next day. “Promise me you’ll come visit again before the summer’s over.”
“Alright Mom.” He laughed slightly.
“Carolyn it was lovely meeting you.” Amelia said. “I can’t wait to see you again and maybe you could bring your mother along too. I’d love to see her.”
“Okay.” Carolyn shrugged. Then Amelia reached out and pulled her into a hug. At first Carolyn didn’t know what to do but then she hugged her back.

“Bye then!” Amelia and Bill waved as Michael backed the car out of the driveway.
“Carolyn are you crying?” Michael asked once they were out on the road.
“I’m ok.” She said as she wiped the tears from her cheeks.
“What’s wrong?”
“She hugged me, really tightly.” Carolyn sighed. “She likes me… It’s just… different; good different but…”
“Yeah.” Michael sighed feeling so sorry that she had to wait 15 years to finally have grandparents who cared about her and made her cry out of happiness and not sadness.

PM LIST
Alias_rocks_87
Sydney A Vaughn
maddy28
PoketRockets11
texasalias2004
Sydney L Bristow
sexcivaughn14
syd26
rileylovesalias
aliasfancarrie7
Ms.MichaelVaughn