In Reverse

this looks and sounds really really good ... I'd love to see how and who had Vaughn and how Sark ended up with Syd (...sarkney fan - so complete supporting it)

Chapter 3- What He Never Expected

Syd sat by Vaughn’s bed, waiting for him to wake up. She watched him sleep peacefully, remembering how it was back when they were together, when they were happy. She smiled and put her hand on his lower cheek, rubbing it with her thumb. Vaughn slowly opened his eyes. He looked at her scared and confused. She reached for his hand which was lying at his side, but he pulled away. Syd didn’t expect that, and got up and took off her jacket. She sat back down, and noticed Vaughn’s eyes widen. “You’re pregnant?”

Syd looked down at her stomach and smiled. “Ya.” She said.

“Who’s the father?” he asked quietly.

“Oh, um, Julian.” She muttered.

“Sark?! Julian Sark?!” he shouted.

“Wait, Vaughn, hold on. He’s a good guy now. He works with me at the agency. We’re married.” She said.

“You’re married?! To the man who’s tried to kill us dozens of times?” Vaughn freaked out, and exhaled.

“Ya. My dad isn’t too happy about it either.” She said.

“Whoa.” He put his hands on his face and brushed his hand through his hair.

After a few minutes of awkward silence, Vaughn started. “So how did I die?” he asked quietly.

“Oh, um, the night we captured Sark there was a fire in your house. We found some of your DNA and you were dead.” She said, holding back tears. “We assumed it was Sloane, but when we captured him 2 months later he told us he denied doing it.-”

“And you believed him?!” Vaughn asked.

“No.” Syd continued. “Not until we learned of the Covenant a few months later. By this time, Julian-Sark had been working with the CIA for a while and he was my partner. With him I grieved for you and with him We took down SD-^ and got Sloane. We got married 6 months ago.”

Vaughn took a while to take in what Syd said. But finally he spoke up. “You said before that something happened to Will and Francie…”

“Oh, after you…died, the Agency decided to put Will and Francie into Witness Protection. The night they were packing, Francie pulled a gun on me and we fought. I shot her three times. Sloane told us that she was the second double.”

“Whoa, I missed a lot.” He whispered. A few tears escaped Syd’s eyes and Vaughn leaned forward to wipe her cheeks. “I’m coming back to the Agency.” He said firmly. Syd, surprised, shook her head. “No. Vaughn, you can’t. You need time to adjust, you-“

“Adjust to what? Syd, the only way I can adjust is if I jump right back in. I need to do this for myself. I’m coming back and we’re going to take down the Covenant and find out what happened to me the past two years.”

Syd leaned against the back of her chair. “Ok.” She said quietly, still unsure if he’d made the right decision.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Sydney walked into her condo, wiped out from the past day’s events and dropped her bag and keys on the side table by the door. She continued to her bedroom quietly, trying not to wake Julian, who she hoped was asleep, so she could have some time to figure out what to say to him. To her disappointment, Julian was awake. She stood in the doorway, watching him, back toward her, working on his laptop. She stood there, smiling, watching him work. He suddenly stooped and spun around pointing a gun at her.

“Whoa. It’s just me.” Syd said, startled. “Why are you so tense? Did something happen?”

“No, no.” Julian said as he lowered the gun. “I’ve just been- it’s nothing. I’m glad your home.” Julian shut the laptop. He put the gun on the bedside table and moved toward Syd. They kissed and hugged each other. Syd slightly pushed him away and he moved back, looking puzzled. “What is it?” he asked.

“Julian, um, sit down.” She said as she ushered him to the bed and they both sat down. “What is it? Did something happen on your trip? Where’d you go?” he asked impatiently. “Jack wouldn’t tell me. He said it was something ‘personal’ you had to do. I was-”

“Julian, let me talk.” She said, smiling weakly. He nodded and she got ready to continue. “Last night, headquarters got a call from Vaughn. He-“

“Wait! Michael Vaughn?!” he cut in, half-screaming.

“Ya.” Syd answered. “He didn’t die 2 years ago- I know this is hard to take in right now. It was hard for me, b-but he is alive. He somehow survived the fire two years ago and he just woke up in Hong Kong with no memory of the past 2 years. He’s just as lost as we are, if not more.” Syd put her head in her hands trying not to cry. Julian took her in his arms to try and comfort. “It’ll be alright Syd. It will be, just wait.” He said quietly, squeezing her in his arms. She jumped up. “No, Julian! It won’t be! I love him. I was devastated when he died, you know that. How am I supposed to handle that he’s back. And he’s coming back to work. I can’t do this!” she exclaimed and got up and walked over to the wall and breathed.

Julian got up and took her by the shoulders and turned her around to face him. “Syd, you are the strongest person I know. You can do anything, pregnant or not.” He said, letting out a small laugh. “You are amazing.”

“Oh yeah?” she asked. “Then why any time something good happens in my life, something else has to come along and complicate it more? I’m so sorry about all this, I-”

“Syd, do not apologize. None of this is your fault. I love you and this baby, and I will forever and ever, no matter what. No one, not Vaughn, not the Covenant, or your father can change that. You and our baby is all that I care about.” He finished and smiled at her, embracing her and letting her cry. She held him and he had a look of uncertainty in his eyes.

Hope you liked it. The more I get reviews, the more you get updates. That's the deal. ~Shniblet47

Sorry it's taken me so long to review. I love what you've done with this story so far, even if Syd is with Sark. I can't wait to see what happens when she finds out that he's working for the Covenant. And poor Vaughn! Please add me to your PM list, and update soon!

this could end up playing out really interestingly.
I have to admit though, you scared the felgercarb outta me when sark pulled that gun on syd. :blink:
glad it turned out ok though. can't wait for more updates!
Aliaschick347

Hey i really like this.
:woot: wow that scene where Syd told Vaughn she was married was totally cool! I mean he so freaked!
:woot:
Thanks for the Love pm!

DUDE!!

i feel so bad for vaughn :(

is this EXACTLY the reverse of the way it happened in s3.. just wondering because sark is up to something.. i just dont know what.. haha

Well, Here's Chapter 4....

Chapter 4: The Flirting Corner: Part 2

The next day, Syd took her seat in the briefing room along with Julian, Vaughn, Marshall, Weiss, Dixon and her father. After a few minutes, Dixon rose and began. “Good morning. Firstly, I would like to introduce you to the new addition to our team. Vaughn, whom you already know, is going to be rejoining the team. Welcome.” Dixon said and everyone smiled and nodded at Vaughn, except for Julian. “Okay, in regards to yesterday’s meeting, I’ve decided to send Vaughn to Venice instead of Julian. There is something I need Julian to do.” He nodded at Julian. “Syd, you’re back-up, and Marshall you’re doing OP-TECH. Alright, let’s go. Wheels up in an hour.”
They all left, and Syd stopped in the hallway on the way to her desk. Vaughn stopped near her. He looked around. This is the ‘Flirting Corner’. He smiled and remembered what Weiss had said a few years ago.

“I know.” Syd said, looking at the wall, her side toward Vaughn.

“Know what?” he asked.

Syd quickly inhaled and turned toward Vaughn. She smiled. “So, you ready for the mission?”

Vaughn, still unsure, answered. “Definitely.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Syd looked across the badly lit bar. Vaughn was sitting at a table at the far end of the room, waiting for the contact to show up. It had already been 45 minutes since the time the contact was supposed to show.
Syd pressed on the earpiece in her ear, which allowed her to talk with Vaughn from the other side of the room. A beeping sound told her she could talk with Vaughn. “Is this guy gonna show up?” she said into the earpiece.

“I don’t know. If he’s not here in- wait, hold on. Look over at the entrance. It’s her.” he said.

Syd looked over at the entrance, and immediately recognized the woman as Lauren Reed. “This is it. Be careful.” She said and sat down at a table, watching Vaughn. Lauren walked passed his table and toward the hallway in the back of the building. She walked down the hallway and out of Syd and Vaughn’s site. “What the hell was that?” Syd asked.
“I don’t know, but I’m gonna find out.” Vaughn said. He stood up and headed toward the back hallway. “Be careful.” Syd said as she watched Vaughn go through the hallway. After a few minutes, Syd jumped when she heard a high-pitched screech through her earpiece. “Vaughn?” she said quietly into her earpiece. “Vaughn?!” she said loudly. After getting no response, Syd got up and took out her gun. She slowly headed into the hallway and stopped by the first door. She put he ear against the door and heard nothing. She tried the knob, which was locked. felgercarb! She thought as she headed for the next door. This one was slightly ajar. She slowly opened the door and walked into the room, pointing her gun ahead of her. Next thing she knew, she was on the floor, her head pounding from the punch that just landed on the side of her head. She looked up at who she suspected was a Covenant agent, pointing a gun at her. She looked a few feet away from her, at her gun, laying on the floor.
“Don’t even try it, bitch.” The man said.
Unknown to the Covenant agent, Vaughn was walking up behind him. Vaughn punched the agent and Syd grabbed his gun. She picked up her gun from the floor and put her gun safely in her pocket and continued pointing the gun at the agent. She closed the door and Vaughn started the interrogation. “What were you going to trade with your contact?” Vaughn asked, and he man just sat there and glared at Vaughn. “Tell me, or I’ll shoot you!” He shouted.
“I wouldn’t expect less from you, Agent Vaughn.” The man said and he smirked. Suddenly the door opened and Vaughn and Syd turned around. A shot rang out. Lauren and the man ran out of the room and Vaughn looked at Syd, panicking. Blood was pouring out of her arm, and she was squeezing her upper arm trying to put pressure on he wound. “We’ve got to get you to a hospital. Come on.” He said, as he off his jacket and tied it tightly around Syd’s arm and walked out of the room with her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Syd was running down a long black hallway, a white light shining at the end of it. Julian Sark was chasing her, pointing a gun at her. She ran faster toward the light, where Vaughn was standing. But the farther down the hallway she got, the dimmer the light became and the more Vaughn started fading. She looked behind her, at Julian, who was pulling the trigger. “No!”

Syd jerked awake, sweat dripping down her face. Vaughn rushed over to her. “Syd, it’s okay. It was just a dream.” He said, rubbing her shoulders.
“No, it wasn’t. He was chasing me and he wanted to kill me. He-” she said, scared.

“Who, Sydney? Who was trying to kill you?” Vaughn asked.

“Julian.” Syd said quietly, leaning her head onto her pillow.

“Syd. It was just a dream. It’s okay.” He said, not so sure if he was right himself. “What’s the last thing you remember?”

“Um, that guy in the bar. Lauren Reed, she- she shot me! M-my arm. Wait, is the baby okay? What happened?” She asked frantically.

“Syd, everything is fine. The baby is fine. The wound wasn’t too deep. Don’t worry. Um, Julian should be here any minute, so I should be going.”

“No, Vaughn, wait. Thank you, for everything.” She smiled.

“Your welcome.” He said and smiled back, as he walked out of the room.

***I hope you liked it. Sorry it took so long to update, I’ve been a little busy this week. But I’ll try to type up the next chapter as soon as I can. Please review if you have anything to say…

~Shniblet47

Ha! She dreamt Sark was trying to kill and Vaughn was her savior! Looks like theres some serious trust issues between Syd and Sark! Well i wonder whats gonna happen when the babys born . .I hope everything works out between Syd And Vaughn Hmmm
by the way can i just say i absolutely love you for bring Sark into this fic.?
Loved the update and thanks so much for the pm. :smiley:
:woot:

see see see ... i knew it... sark shouldnt be trusted!!! this is just another one of those lauren things, sark is lauren in reverse!!!! just hope sydney realises this before it's too late!!!

thankx for the pm

update soon

This is an awesome story.
Hopefully Sydney finds out soon that Julian isn't working for the good guys.
Can I get a PM when you update, please?
Thanks

Back