In search of a guild

Hello everyone,
Granted, I have searched alot of the guild sites and have found quite a few interesting. Although here is the dilemma. To save myself the trouble of posting numerous times on many guild sites, looking to join, when in fact, those guilds are as dead as ghost towns and get no reply and there is no activity on their site at all, I am hoping some guild representitives will post here telling me briefly about their guild or at least send me a link. This way, if they post, then I know they are active. I posted NUMEROUS threads at the Elanthian Arcanum Ascendancy website several weeks ago and there has yet to be any activity on their site anywhere, not just on the threads I posted. Their site has great eye-candy, but it seems hollow at the moment.

I have a long history in MMO's and even a couple beta tests under my belt. I'm also a long time D&D fan (before LoTR, DDO or the cheesy D&D movies). As a result, I prefer to be a RP'r online. I have no problem being in a non-RP guild, I can repsect the non-RP'rs there but would still be a RP'r myself, lol. I have been following the progress on HJ for over a year now and only recently decided to look into joining a guild. Especially since I hope to get into beta like many, and would like to help represent any guild I am a member of, possibly recruiting more members within. I have experience in leading guilds as well, though I prefer to be a team player with some responsibility and not have to deal with the drama that leaders do, lol. I also prefer a more mature guild, nothing against the younger players online, its just that I am 30 yrs old and would prefer to not have to listen to 1337 speak, non-stop cursing, degrading of fellowing members, or the constant flirting and harassment of any female members by them.

I want to be apart of a guild that plans to be active and has goals. I dont particularly always go for the "big" guilds since alot of the times, the smaller ones are the more effective, family type that are more fun anyway. When a guild gets too big, it becomes non-personal and unfocused on the needs of the average member. Pertaining to cursing, not saying I dont curse, but like the saying goes, "everything in moderation", lol. Unless more races are added, as of right now, I most likely will be playing a human wizard. Elves are great and I used to like them alot, but nowadays, elves are a dime a dozen, lol. Preferably, I would like to use a gnomish type race. Anyway, I look forward to meeting more forum posters and fans of this intuitive new world in progress.

Alot of folks are probably waiting for more of the Elanthian Lore to come out before really setting up guilds, clans, or what have you. Not to mention waiting for some of the information on how guilds will function in the world of Hero's Journey. I haven't really come up with a character concept for my first run when this game comes out, because I usually like to know as much of the world Lore as I can, so that I can create a worthwhile backstory.

I would keep your eye on this site as Beta and actual Launch draw near. From what I can tell there are quite a few folks hanging about that are very close to the types of player that you are looking to join up with. Heck, even the powergamers around here are at least decent human beings. :smiley:

EDIT: It's not much, but this site has a little bit about the Stoneborn, of which the Qwi are part of: HEROSHALL.COM

I haven't really seen any screens of the Qwi, but I haven't really looked either.

Greetings Duraenos!
Tagnik' Zur might be a good fit for you. We are a "family" guild that is relatively small at the moment. We right now are either playing other games or just in a holding pattern, but we are all looking forward to playing HJ when it is released. While we are not a RP guild per say, we have a couple serious RPers in the guild. We also have a couple of "achiever types" (myself included) and we have some set goals once we know more. Come on over and check us out at:

tagnikzur.guildportal.com

Right now, Tagnik'Zur isn't doing much posting about HJ, so some of us follow this forum. We are a long time group of friends from other games, so it reflects in our posts.

If you come over and introduce yourself, I guarantee you, you will be well met. However, if you want to play a Gnome, be prepared for some good natured ribbing. ;)

Awesome, thanks for the screen links, Darrt. I will definitly check out the guild site, Mornblade and Eve. Darrt is probably right that not many guilds have become active yet, but I believe its never too soon to get something organized with a guild, especially all the work it takes to get a good guild website going and maybe even establish who will be the organizers of certain parts of the guild once more information is released about guilds in HJ.

?? Those last three are not the least bit gnome like based on the drawings they have. Those ships are made by Qwi though.

That's the problem with qwi (gnomes). Without another race to make a size comparison, you might be looking at a human. The mechanical limbs to hint to a qwi origin though. Or it could just be a short human gearknight... I'm pretty sure those are all Qwi though, but hey, I've been wrong before and it's bound to happen again.

*edit* I just noticed you said "Darrt is probably right that not many guilds have become active yet,", yet I feel compelled to point out that Kretan mentioned this. I only brought up Qwi.

Originally posted by Duraenos@Jun 16 2006, 11:51 PM
... Darrt is probably right that not many guilds have become active yet, but I believe its never too soon to get something organized with a guild, especially all the work it takes to get a good guild website going and maybe even establish who will be the organizers of certain parts of the guild once more information is released about guilds in HJ.
If you were to go look at my soon-to-be-coming guild/clan site (www.peacebringers.com) you will most likely guffaw at the lack of any graphics or solid information. Why? Because I don't know enough about clans & guilds to decide whether it'll be a clan or guild.

I have some info, but since my sources are out of date as to whether or not those ideas have been implemented or tossed for other ideas, I can only think of it as speculation. I also have two potential guilds. It's been said in some old chat's with Simu staff that you're titles in game will look like:

Jaraeth <clan name> of <guild name>

Is this still true? or will it be like other mmo's:

Jaraeth <clan name>
<guild name>

Should my groups be a clan or a guild? I have "Peacebringers" and "Runs with Scissors" (sci-fi sect of RWS was known as "The Runners"). Peacebringers will be after the in game society to be more peaceful, and "why can't we all just get along?"-ish. "Runs with Scissors" has been a guild in most games where we are after "Fun, Family & Courier Services" of sorts... If clans are not required to join a faction, then perhaps Peacebringers will be my clan, and "Runs with Scissors" will be my guild. Then, guilds will most likely be required to pick a faction... if so, should it pick Kinnaes (nature), Gearsmiths or Arcane?

Why bring this up? Because, depending on what they are, what faction they will side with, will determine the color of their website, and the graphics I use in creating them. I really want more information before deciding. I have been considering Kinnaes if Peacebringers is required to pick a faction, simply because to me, Nature is peaceful... and Gearsmiths (ie: machines & technology) seem to favor war, and Arcane seems to favor power and control over nature and people. Just speculation.

If PB goes with the Kinnaes, then perhaps the website will get a color scheme of green or other colors of nature. Which then influence the other graphics used. If Runs with Scissors is required to join a faction, perhaps they'll join the Gearsmiths as they'll want to fashion lots of scissors and shears, and machines to help them get from one destination to another quicker (courier services would go bankrupt without quick services).

Though, if I could obtain members who like the base ideas and concepts and help to shape them into guild or clans, then perhaps my decision on creating their websites and putting down the final concept of the guild would go that much quicker. HJ is still a year away, and we're still attempting to gather data... so only time will tell.

</end long winded thought process>

~ Jaraeth

Most of those questions were answered in this forum by the gm's already *poke* :smiley:

And no, I don't think they're Qwi. Anyone, even those pointed eared odd balls can have gear tech limbs instead of flesh. I want more Qwi!! *sobs*

oh and happy bday Jar... you youngin

The first one is definitely two Qwi. I also believe the second one is Qwi as you can make out a point to the ears if you look close enough. The third I am unsure. I also believe the fourth to be Qwi as that is a woman, and her hair has a gnomish flair. Though one can't be sure as the tips of her ears are hidden.

Half-breed?! Blasphemy! Everyone knows the Qwi are the most intelligent of the races so why would they do something so ignorant as that? lol

Back