In the Shadows

Characters all belong to Alias. This is about Sydneys missing years, I suppose. It is kinda v/l, and Sydney wanting s/v. I don't really have much to say about this, but I think this is only my 2nd or 3rd fan fiction.. so r&r and i hope its ok. :smiley:

They say
That i must learn to kill before i can feel safe
But I
I'd rather kill myself than turn into their slave
Sometimes
I feel that I should go and play with the thunder
Somehow
I just don't wanna stay and wait for a wonder

I've been watching
I've been waiting
In the shadows all my time
I've been searching
I've been living
For tomorrows all my life
- The Rasmus

“I now pronounce you man and wife; you may now kiss the bride.”
That is the most important line in many Women’s lives, but for Sydney this was the breaking point, the point of complete and utter despair. There seemed no hope as Sydney watched from behind the marble arch.
“I hope you enjoyed that, Miss Bristow, we must depart now. I do love you”; he roughly pulled Sydney towards him and kissed her forcefully. Sydney struggled and he slapped her face, leaving yet another red mark on her body, to mark the moment… a scar for life. She was pushed into the black car, yet again and driven down a bumpy road. Her hands were painful and her wrists were bleeding where the rope had cut through and rubbed from being there for so long. Sydney swallowed her tears, refusing to show any emotion to these people. Back at the Wedding, she assumed they were having a wonderful time, the same with her family and friends back home. They thought she was dead and they had given up searching, nobody knew that she existed and she was alone in the world.
Back in the sandy building, Sydney ran up into the small room where she was kept and covered herself in a sheet and cried her eyes out. What had happened to turn her life into this? Why was she the one they had chosen? If only life was simple.
Sydney must have fallen asleep and as she woke up, she could hear hushed voices outside her cell, they had locked the door on her now. She silently crept up to the door and listened carefully to what was going on in the corridor. She gasped as she heard her door unlock and the footsteps come in, she recognised them at once, they were the footsteps of him, her abuser.
“Sydney, I see you are awake, care for a walk?”
Sydney gave no reply, but looked away.
“I said, CARE FOR A WALK?”
The words were drummed into her ear and Sydney quickly agreed and hurried out her cell. When they were outside, to her surprise her hands were cut free for the first time since she had tried to escape, a month ago. They obviously had trust in her now, they shouldn’t, thought Sydney, but she was too intrigued at how beautiful the day was to be angry. At that very second it seemed that time stood still, the moon was gleaming in the darkness and the stars were scattered across the black canvas of night. The world had seemed like a better place in that second, until she realised that she wasn’t alone, and her peacefulness was rudely interrupted by Sark.

who's wedding?! :blink:
i guess you'll tell me, but yeah...
me likes (y) you be writing more soon? (y)
PM me when you update? :Please: :smiley:

~steph

:confused:
Was that the Sarkney wedding? :eek:
Can´t wait for more ... update ... please! *begs on her knees*
Me wanna a PM, please!? :blush:

Muse

ok..first so i dont forget, PLEASE PM ME!!!! I AM SO LOVING THIS FIC!!!!!
ok...secodn, whos wedding...was it Vaughns and Laurens, while syd and Sark watched, then he kissed her, OR was it Syd and Sarks wedding?!?!?! and if it was, wouldnt he want her liveing with him...it hink it was Vaughn and Laurens wedding...ICK!!!!!!
lastly...is Sark really that abbusive?!?! (n)

update, hope you like it.

On the other side of New York, the happily married couple had just returned from their Honeymoon. They were unpacking and remembering the good times they had just had.
“Do you think this will work?”
“What will work?”
“Us?”
“Of course, the past has been terrible, but we can put that all behind us now and start fresh. We can forget all the past memories Michael, especially the bad ones”.
Michael could not forget his past memories; he could not think once but remember the past. Those moments were the best he’d ever had and nothing could ever change that, he could not just put it all behind him; it would stay a part of him in his heart forever. Michael often had moments lying in bed awake all night, unable to sleep for these memories. One always returned to him, the soft hand brushing against his cheek, the delicate lips pressing against him and her arms holding him tightly, never letting go. The feelings as she called his name, the fluttering in his heart and those moments where everything seemed to stop except Michael and her.
“You’re right, this is a start over and it will work”
Michael lied; he hated lying, especially to his wife. He did love her, that was not a lie, but the feelings Michael had towards her were not as strong as feelings he had in the past.
The night had set in and the happy couple went to bed, exhausted from the plane journey. Thinking they were safe in their own home they slept almost immediately, but they were not alone. They were being watched; they were always watched and had been for a year.

“Sydney… we must leave now, I want you to see something I have kept a secret from you. I hope that you forgive me Sydney, I hope you enjoy it”
At that Sark’s eyes squinted and he let out a short, evil laugh. He pulled her in close and pushed her to the floor feeling her body and stroking her hair; he kept her down for what seemed to Sydney as forever and kissed her face and neck all over. Sydney closed her eyes and pretended this was not happening, as it always did.
Sydney walked down the stairs, followed closely by Sark and entered a small dark room. It was empty apart from a television on one side of the room and what seemed like a metal dentist chair.
“Sit.”
Sydney looked around, where was she supposed to sit? Before she could think about it she was dragged over to the metal chair and strapped in. Her head was held by the chin and was strapped on so she could not move her head from side to side. Sydney was confused, what could Sark possibly be forcing her to watch or look at that was worse than he had already tortured her with. He had kissed her, felt her body all over, used her, raped her and forced her to watch the wedding. What could be worse?
Sark walked up to the television and turned it on; with the remote he pressed a few buttons. “Enjoy”, Sark answered as he walked out of the room and a guard walked in the room with some kind of spay in his hand. Sydney was afraid, she had to watch this, or her eyes would be sprayed and she could be left blinded. The picture flickered and a video, it seemed appeared on the screen. Sydney was in shock, tears welled up in her eyes and poured down her face, she couldn’t believe this; “NO!”

Back at Michaels home, he had just got out of the shower and was walking around his house in a towel. He looked across lovingly to his wife who was still fast asleep, yet he seemed saddened. He walked over to the chest of drawers and his towel dropped to the floor, he pulled on some boxers and heard his wife wake up.
“Michael, come over here.”
Michael walked over and placed a kiss on his wife’s lips, his memories were so much better than this. Why couldn’t he just forget the past? 5 minutes later he was back in bed, after some hot sex, with his wife… Lauren.

“NO, turn it off I don’t want to see this”; Sydney screamed, yet nobody cared. In front of her, images flashed across the television. Her only true love stepping out of the shower put on some boxers. Then, disturbing images flashed across the screen, being hammered into her brain, images of Michael taking off the clothes of a tall young, blonde lady. Sydney assumed this was his wife. Tears were continuously spilled down her lips, every time she tried to close her eyes the guard whipped her and every time she looked away a painful solution was sprayed into her eyes. How could anybody do this to her, in her past she’d had her teeth pulled out by Chinese men, she had been electrocuted, but never once had she been forced to watch the man she loved, with another.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhhh (n) that is so sad... me no likes!!! okay well i do likes, but thats so not the point

my gosh, its amazing, helen!! :thud: if you don't carry on with this... i'm afraid i shall be forced to attack you in the middle of the night and make you write... ;) okay i wouldn't do that, but hey. :smiley: just.. don't write the end any time soon, okay? :smiley:

thanks for the PM. :smiley:

~steph

OMG!
This is so sad! Sark is such a ...! I´m speechless I always thought that he wasn´t capable of doing such things especially to Sydney!
Die Sark die! You fu**ing s*n of a b*tch!
Your update made me all depressed!
I hope your next update will cheer me up!
Will this have a happy ending? PLEASE say YEAH!

Muse

tahuyt was very well written!!!
BUT OMG!! the way youre writting Sark!!!! COMPLETELY NOT KEWL!!!!
i DONT think he is capable of raping ANYONE!!! ESPECIALLY SYDNEY!!!!!
just OMGGGGGGG that was just sad...not your writting, but the stuff youre writting!!!! and now youve got me liek all in my depressed mood again....thanks!! lol...jks..that was very well written, so i didnt NOT enjoy reading it, thanks for the update,a nd update agian soon!! and thanks for hte pm as well!!!

aww sory i made u all depresed.. i hav an idea of the ending but steph there is a long way till that. sarks not all that bad i mean... he hasnt killed her!!!

still though....rape is jsut as bad in my opinion...but also...hes not THAT unheartly is he?!?! and are you going to keep him like htis?? mean, and a sick b*stard?
*cries* i hope not

holly felgercarb, that was soooooooo horrible NOT ur writing, just what's happening to sydney. But why did u have to make sark be so evil?????? (n) rape maybe even more awful than death........poor sydney.....i'm crying now.

please update soon and pm me please.

don't hurt sydney more than u have too, it's really heart renching reading sydney suffer. but i love ur story

here is the update, not much about sark so dont worry. he isnt reely horrible in this. i would write more but im being chucked off the computer. the next update is better!!! hope u like it

“Michael what’s wrong?”
Michael was wandering around the house taking no notice to anything, he had to get to work in 10 minutes and he didn’t want to do anything.
“It’s nothing”
But that was a lie, there was something. There was so much on his mind and it just wouldn’t disappear. It was the date; he assumed that had turned his mood upside down. The day he had given his fathers watch to Sydney, that moment was the moment closest to his heart. Nothing had replaced that moment, not the moment he had seen Lauren, the moment he had walked down the aisle and not even the moment he had said “I do”. That was over a year ago now. He still couldn’t grasp why somebody could have killed her, and he had often thought; why not me?

Sydney was back in her cell, she hated it in there; all she had was a bed, a sink and a toilet. Anybody and everybody could look in and watch her. Sydney had barely had any sleep in the year she had been cooped up in that little room, by taking a glance at her you could tell; thick black sacks under her eyes and bloodshot eyes. That night Sydney recalled what had happened to her when she was first taken, when everybody had searched for her and presumed her dead.

Flashback
“Michael… thank you”
“Thank you?”
“I’ve just had the most beautiful evening of my life.”
Michael began to open his mouth to speak.
“Don’t say a word, let’s go for a walk, I want to go to a place that was a special moment for me, for us.”
They walked up and off the beach and down the road looking out over the sea. Then Sydney stopped and beckoned Michael forward. Yes, this was a special place for both of them. They were standing on the pier, where ages ago they had done the same, not realising that they would end up how they are now.
“Sydney, thank you”
“I… I love you Michael”
Michael pressed his fingers to her lips to stop her talking, he was astonished as he had never heard those words come from her lips and kissed her. A long passionate kiss that seemed to last forever. Anybody passing by would see a happy couple kissing under the moonlight, next to the waves crashing against the pier. But, inside their hearts, they were lucky to have got here after such a difficult past, now they were together, nothing could break the bond.
There was somebody watching, in the park behind the two lovers, he was jealous. He missed Sydney and wanted her back as his own; he knew that they were meant to be together as one.
“Hey, Sydney I’ll walk you home”
“It’s ok, it’s only just down the road, and I will see you tomorrow.”
“Take care, and I love you too Sydney.”
Sydney smiled and walked down the road, she couldn’t wait for tomorrow, to see his forehead crinkle and his huge smile.
Walking in the other direction, Michael also couldn’t wait for tomorrow, he felt in his pocket and played with the small piece of metal. This wasn’t just a piece of metal though, this was the ring that would bring them together and truly make their love last forever.
Sydney was bouncing down the road happy as can be, and then it all suddenly went dark.
She woke up in a daze, not knowing where she was. There were three people talking around her, before she could see who they were she blacked out again. Waking up she could make out one person sitting opposite her. She had no idea where she was, there was a bright light above her, making focusing even harder.
“Sydney, have a good sleep”.
Sitting in front of her was a handsome man with blonde hair, it was Sark. She could vividly remember him from about a year back, he was back, but where was she?

Realising she had been crying for ages, she snapped out of her daydream and splashed her face with cold water; she couldn’t let Sark know she had been crying.

Back