Sci-Fi Independence Day (1996)

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Here it is, way past midnight, with the sun set to come up in a few hours, and I am up watching Independence Day, a movie that I've likely seen dozens of times already. Then it struck me.... today is the 4th of July. Apparently it has become a tradition to commemorate one of the most important events in the history of our country with a movie that depicts the near annihilation of the entire world. :unsure:

The odd part is that, for as many times as I've seen it, I always end up grabbing a drink and sitting back watching it as though it is the first time viewing it. Guess that is the sign of a good action movie.

Last edited:

wolfpack

Cadet
I liked this film apart from the daft ending, and yeah i heard they are working on a remake as well. Will have to get the original out of my DVD collection and give it a viewing again.

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
:giggle:

jaguarstigress

Just An Orange County Girl
I liked this movie a lot. I watch it every 4th of July, I watch other times too, it has been a kind of tradition watching on the 4th. My favorites characters are David and his father Julius. I like Jeff Goldblum and Judd Hirsch anyway.

Top Bottom