Sci-Fi Independence Day (1996)

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Title: Independence Day

Tagline: Don't make plans for August.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: Roland Emmerich

Cast: Will Smith, Jeff Goldblum, Bill Pullman, Margaret Colin, Vivica A. Fox, Judd Hirsch, Mary McDonnell, Robert Loggia, Randy Quaid, James Rebhorn, Harvey Fierstein, Adam Baldwin, Brent Spiner, James Duval, Lisa Jakub, Ross Bagley, Mae Whitman, Bill Smitrovich, Kiersten Warren, Harry Connick Jr., Giuseppe Andrews, John Storey, Frank Novak, Devon Gummersall, Leland Orser, Mirron E. Willis, Ross Lacy, David Pressman, Vivian Palermo, Raphael Sbarge, Bobby Hosea, Dan Lauria, Steve Giannelli, Eric Paskel, Carlos Lacámara, John Bennett Perry, Troy Willis, Tim Kelleher, Wayne Wilderson, Jay Acovone, James Wong, Thom Barry, Jana Marie Hupp, Matt Pashkow, Robert Pine, Marisa Johnston, Michael Winther, Warren Dexter Beatty, Paul LeClair, Michael Vacca, David Channell, John Capodice, Greg Collins, Derek Webster, Mark Fite, Eric Neal Newman, Levani, Kristof Konrad, Kevin Sifuentes, Elston Ridgle, Randy Oglesby, Jack Moore, Barry Del Sherman, Lyman Ward, Anthony Crivello, Richard Speight Jr., Barbara Beck, Joe Fowler, Andrew Warner, Sharon Tay, Peter J. Lucas, Yelena Danova, Johnny Kim, Vanessa J. Wells, Jessika Cardinahl, Gary W. Cruz, Ron Pitts, Wendy L. Walsh, Christine Devine, Mark Thompson, Ernie Anastos, Kevin Cooney, Rance Howard, Nelson Mashita, Jeff Phillips, Sayed Badreya, Adam Tomei, John Bradley, Kimberly Beck, Thomas F. Duffy, Andrew Keegan, Jon Matthews, Jim Piddock, Frederic W. Barnes, Eleanor Clift, Jerry Dunphy, Jack Germond, Morton Kondracke, John McLaughlin, Barry Nolan, George Putnam, Eric Michael Zee, Pat Skipper, Carlos Lara, Mike Monteleone, Lee Strauss, Lisa Star, Malcolm Danare, Arthur Brooks, Michael Moertl, James J. Joyce, Joyce Cohen, Julie Moran, Robin Groth, Richard Pachorek, Dakota, Gary A. Hecker, Frank Welker

Release: 1996-06-25

Runtime: 145

Plot: On July 2, a giant alien mothership enters orbit around Earth and deploys several dozen saucer-shaped 'destroyer' spacecraft that quickly lay waste to major cities around the planet. On July 3, the United States conducts a coordinated counterattack that fails. On July 4, a plan is devised to gain access to the interior of the alien mothership in space, in order to plant a nuclear missile.
Independence Day (1996)

Here it is, way past midnight, with the sun set to come up in a few hours, and I am up watching Independence Day, a movie that I've likely seen dozens of times already. Then it struck me.... today is the 4th of July. Apparently it has become a tradition to commemorate one of the most important events in the history of our country with a movie that depicts the near annihilation of the entire world. :thinking:

The odd part is that, for as many times as I've seen it, I always end up grabbing a drink and sitting back watching it as though it is the first time viewing it. Guess that is the sign of a good action movie.

I liked this film apart from the daft ending, and yeah i heard they are working on a remake as well. Will have to get the original out of my DVD collection and give it a viewing again.

:blush:

rbt2k58.jpg

I liked this movie a lot. I watch it every 4th of July, I watch other times too, it has been a kind of tradition watching on the 4th. My favorites characters are David and his father Julius. I like Jeff Goldblum and Judd Hirsch anyway.