India / Hindi

Bubbles

Those piercing baby blues
Hey guys! :hi:

Ok, well I live in Australia and was born here, but my parents are fully Indian and they migrate here like.. 15 years ago or something. :D
Anyway, so I can speak Hindi fluently, understand Marwari, and understand about 0.1& of Marhati :lol:

So, Dad comes from Pune, Rajastan and Mum is from Agra, UP.

So, umm if you come from India or know how to speak Hindi so I guess you can come here and talk.
And not just Hindi, I mean, there's Urdu, Panjabi, Tamil, Marwari, Marhati, Orria (spelling?) and about a million other languages that I probably haven't ever heard of lol.

Anyway, so: namaste, mera naam Juhee he or ma tera saal ki hoo.

ARGH! It's hard to write Hindi in English... if you know what I mean.

So, umm you can also gives jokes here. I know I have heaps of Indian jokes so if you want to share then you're welcome to!
And yeah. Just... do whatever and introduce yourself.

luv JuJu :harp:

hey.

i'm amisha. i live in london but i'm indian. my grandparents on both sides are from there although my parents where born in africa and have been living here for about 30 years. i speak gujarati and understand hindi although i can't really speak it.

amisha
xxx

gujrati!
see i knew there would be some language that i would forget!

but that's cool!
i think i can get some words of gujrati, since it's close to hindi but i can't speak it

ok so what do i say when i say this: namaste, aapka naam kya he?

yeah I sort of get it
it's similar to Hindi
as are lots of languages lol
it sounds so much better than hindi
sort of like how marathi sounds better than hindi hehe

so do you do the hindu festivals?
we do diwali and rakhi, those are our main ones
and then we have all these ones like janamashtmi and uh.. can't remember the other ones lol

Hi, i live in England, and im Sikh, so i speak Punjabi, i understand basic Hindi too!

Goin to india for Holi would be excellent, id love it, I have been India twice, i think im going again next year, well fingers crossed! ^_^

Have you ever been India?

yes I have been to India
once when I was 10 months old
and once when I was four

memories of India:
the buffalo millk

reasons I don't want to go to India:
the buffalo milk

things I hate about India:
the buffalo milk

EW THAT STUFF IS HORRIBLE!

i wanna go to india in the middle of holi
god that would be SOO cool
like you'd go out in the street
and you could go crazy and no one would look at you weirdly, lol

you're punjabi?
what like, city are you from?
like your parents?
and basic hindi, hey cool
lol i don't know any punjabi though hehe

hey harminder.

i don't speak punjabi either. i can understand little bits. but barely. my dad can speak it kind of. he seems to know like every indian language.

amisha
xxx

my dad knows hindi, marwari, marhati, can understand gujrati and urdu and used to be able to speek oria (the language of orissa, don't know how to spell it)
it's kinda scary lol

Back