Season 5 Indiana Jones connection

Note: You probably won't know what I'm referring to below unless you've seen Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

I noticed two similarities between Alias' "All the Time in the World" and Indiana Jones in the Last Crusade, so here they are:

1. In Indiana Jones in the Last Crusade, Indiana's father, Henry Jones, is shot when Indiana doesn't agree to do what the bad guy (whatever his name is) asks him to do. -- In Alias' "All the Time in the World," Sydney's father, Jack Bristow, is shot when Sydney doesn't agree to do what the bad guy (Arvin Sloane) asks her to do.

2. In Indiana Jones in the Last Crusade, Indiana tries to save the good/bad woman (don't know her name either) from falling through something (a smoky bottomless pit) while she reaches for something she is yearning to have (the holy grail). -- In Alias' "All the Time in the World," Sydney tries to save the good/bad woman (Irina Derevko) from falling through something (glass windows) while she reaches for something she is yearning to have (The Horizon).

They both have to deal a little bit with immortality too, so I guess that's another similarity.

Did anyone else notice this, or am I the only one? To me, it's almost scary how similar they are. Do you think that's where the writers got their ideas from? :Ponder:

Please post any comments you have on this topic. Thank you. :smiley:

Note: You probably won't know what I'm referring to below unless you've seen Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

I noticed two similarities between Alias' "All the Time in the World" and Indiana Jones in the Last Crusade, so here they are:

1. In Indiana Jones in the Last Crusade, Indiana's father, Henry Jones, is shot when Indiana doesn't agree to do what the bad guy (whatever his name is) asks him to do. -- In Alias' "All the Time in the World," Sydney's father, Jack Bristow, is shot when Sydney doesn't agree to do what the bad guy (Arvin Sloane) asks her to do.

2. In Indiana Jones in the Last Crusade, Indiana tries to save the good/bad woman (don't know her name either) from falling through something (a smoky bottomless pit) while she reaches for something she is yearning to have (the holy grail). -- In Alias' "All the Time in the World," Sydney tries to save the good/bad woman (Irina Derevko) from falling through something (glass windows) while she reaches for something she is yearning to have (The Horizon).

They both have to deal a little bit with immortality too, so I guess that's another similarity.

Did anyone else notice this, or am I the only one? To me, it's almost scary how similar they are. Do you think that's where the writers got their ideas from? :Ponder:

Please post any comments you have on this topic. Thank you. :smiley:

Hi, JGfan86. This is my first post at this forum other than the one that I made in the "Introduce Yourself" section, but I'm glad that you posted this thread because during the scene when Irina is on the glass ceiling and is reaching for the Horizon and Sydney is telling her to not reach for it, well, that scene had reminded me a movie or televesion scene that had I seen before, but I couldn't think of what it was. But the "Last Crusade" is where I had seen that scene before. Thanks for bringing that out. But as far as the scene when Jack gets shot, well, I hadn't thought of it as being similar to the Henry Jones scene, but since you mentioned it, it is very similar to that scene. Also, didn't the Chalice or Holy Grail, or whatever it was that they were looking for in the "Last Crusade" movie, cause Henry Jones to heal from his gunshot wound? Well, that's another similarity to the "Last Crusade" movie, because the thing that Sloane was looking for in "All the Time in the World" caused him to heal from his bullet wound also.

Nice observation. ^_^

I had noticed the Irina / nazi girl thing too JG Fan, I hope that Spielberg sues JJ and Pinker !

Jack's death reminded me of Bruce Willis in Armageddon, when he blows himself up to save his little girl, and the world

Hi, JGfan86. This is my first post at this forum other than the one that I made in the "Introduce Yourself" section, but I'm glad that you posted this thread because during the scene when Irina is on the glass ceiling and is reaching for the Horizon and Sydney is telling her to not reach for it, well, that scene had reminded me a movie or televesion scene that had I seen before, but I couldn't think of what it was. But the "Last Crusade" is where I had seen that scene before. Thanks for bringing that out. But as far as the scene when Jack gets shot, well, I hadn't thought of it as being similar to the Henry Jones scene, but since you mentioned it, it is very similar to that scene. Also, didn't the Chalice or Holy Grail, or whatever it was that they were looking for in the "Last Crusade" movie, cause Henry Jones to heal from his gunshot wound? Well, that's another similarity to the "Last Crusade" movie, because the thing that Sloane was looking for in "All the Time in the World" caused him to heal from his bullet wound also.

Nice observation. ^_^
Well, first of all, welcome to AllAlias.com! To comment on your last point, I actually did think about the "healing" connection between the two, but I couldn't totally think it through. Thanks for pointing it out!

I had noticed the Irina / nazi girl thing too JG Fan, I hope that Spielberg sues JJ and Pinker !

Jack's death reminded me of Bruce Willis in Armageddon, when he blows himself up to save his little girl, and the world
I really wouldn't be surprised if someone gets sued for this, though I doubt it'll happen. ^_^

Someone else pointed the Armageddon connection out in another thread, and I guess I can also see a little bit of a connection there too. :smiley:

Nice observation! Since I'm a big Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade fan I noticed the similarities, too.

Back