Infinite

well guys, i guess i owe you an explanation and most of you will probably get pissed at me for saying this.

I put alot of heart into my stories, they mean alot to me and I put alot of effort into them - when i receive a reply to one that is "oh that was good" or "thanks for the pm" - it kinda sucks, I dont expect quotes but it would be nice to feel like you guys actually read the chapter. So there is my selfishness, take it as you please.

Carolyn

I know how you feel ... and although I am guilty for doing that for other people's stories, when I see some of the replies on mine.. and especially for people who ask for a PM and then never respond at all.. it hurts... so I understand.

but does this mean you aren't going to finish all the unended stories you have up here? b/c you should still write for yourself and not care about the others at the same time. that's what gets me through :smiley: i think it would be a shame if we didn't get to read the ends to your wonderful stories...

Chapter 23

“What are you thinking about?” Francie smiled at her friend.

“Michael” Sydney admitted.

“You are insane” Francie laughed, she had given up on trying to get Sydney to forget about him so now she just laughed at it.

“We’re just friends Fran” Sydney told her.

“I am not passing judgment” Francie told her.

“Good” Sydney laughed, “It’s time for me to punch out, I am meeting my mom”

“What’s going on with her these days?” Francie asked.

“She is moving back in with my dad” Sydney told her, “I’m helping her move”

“Creepy” Francie laughed.

“Very” Sydney nodded in agreement.

*~*

“So you have all of the boxes down here except the ones in the attic?” Sydney groaned.

“I’m sorry sweetheart but I just cant carry those” Irina told her, “It’s just pictures and nick nacks anyway, I’m sure I’ll be getting rid of them soon”

“After you make me lug the dusty things to a damned new house you’ll throw them out” Sydney muttered.

“Sweetheart, don’t be so bitter” Irina shook her head.

“I’m not being bitter, simply stating the facts” Sydney shrugged.

“Uh huh” Irina laughed, “Now honey will you please go get the pictures so we can get going to your fathers?”

“Fiiiine” Sydney groaned and walked upstairs, sighing as she reached the dusty attic, “This is disgusting!” She shouted down to her mother.

“I know, I’m sorry” Irina cringed, “I just…thank you darling”

“Uh huh” Sydney groaned.

*~*

Having lugged seven large boxes of pictures downstairs, Sydney was exhausted and ready to fall onto the couch and sleep for several hours.

“Ready to go?” Irina asked her daughter.

“Uh huh” Sydney nodded, “You are driving”

“Alright dear” Irina smiled, “I can drive”

“Thanks” Sydney nodded as she walked to the car and sat herself in the front seat, the smell of dust filling her nose as she breathed.

“Thank you for all your help” Irina smiled as she got into the vehicle, “I would have had to hire movers if it wasn’t for you”

“And heaven forbid you don’t put me through slave labour” Sydney groaned.

“Oh sweetie, stop it” Irina laughed as she began driving, “This is nothing to get all dramatic over”

omg in the box their could have been pictures of herself and vaughn when they were younger!!!!!! aaaaaah i hope if their are she will find them!!!!! when is vaughn coming home i miss him!!! i'm so glad you decided to update thid fic it is so good!! and about your previous post sorry if i have been one of those short posters and i will work on making my reviews longer and if i sort out my quote button i will quote aswell!!!!! thanks for updating....lol gracie

Holy felgercarb... She was so close... I thought she was going to drop a box or something and find some pictures or something from when Micheal and her where younger... Maybe next time :smiley:

I can't remember, but I am assuming that
Syd's parents don't know about Micheal yet...
And why where they forced to forget?
Anyway why didn't Irina help Syd
carry all those boxes or better yet where was Jack...
I am so glad that you updated.
Can't wait for more.
Can I get a pm when you update please?

oh wow! i had to refresh myself with the story. i bet there are pictures sydney should have found in those boxes... du du duuuuuu...

thanks for updating. this was great.

I'm waiting for Sydney to open those boxes and removing the pictures. You can just bet there will be pictures of Vaughn and her as children. She'll wonder where they came from and why they're there. Maybe she'll start to remember.

Chris

I'm so happy to see that you updated :D
I really missed this story so much.
It was cute that Syd was thinking about Michael :D
I wonder when he's coming home?

See, I would write longer reviews, but I'm currently catching up on all the fic updates I've missed since I moved. The list is nowhere near finished. :o_O:

However, this is a special fic. :D I've missed it so much! I can't wait to see if there are any pictures of Sydney and Vaughn together in the box! :smiley: I really can't! :D

:love:
~Anja

Chapter 24

-4 months later-
“You are…home” Sydney looked at his green eyes, “And not hospitalized…and at my apartment”

“That would be known as having a leave from Iraq” he smiled, “I wanted to see you…”

“Come on in” Sydney moved out of the way, allowing him access to her apartment.

“So…this letter” Vaughn held up a piece of paper, “You said you wanted to show me something”

“Yeah” Sydney nodded, recalling the hysteria she had been in when she wrote the letter.

“It is…?” Vaughn asked, sitting down on the sofa.

“This” Sydney grabbed a photo from off the coffee table.

“A picture?” Vaughn looked at her.

“Look at it” Sydney pleaded.

“Alright” Vaughn brought his eyes down to the photo, Sydney watched as his eyes widened at the site. “What the hell?”

“That would have been my exact reaction…”

“Why…why do you have a picture of me from when I was a kid? How did you get this?” Vaughn looked at her with confusion.

“The better question would be, why do our parents have pictures of us, together?” Sydney retorted.

“That…that’s you?” Vaughn stumbled on his words, “And me?”

“We were just kids…best friends, our fathers worked together” Sydney explained.

“Why don’t I remember any of this?” Vaughn asked her.

“Well, we weren’t supposed to … we were conditioned to never remember our friendship, our dads worked at the CIA, when my mother found out, we moved, away from you and shortly thereafter, my parents divorced” Sydney explained, “And essentially the same thing happened to you”

“Is this a joke?” he stuttered.

“No” Sydney shook her head.

“So you are telling me… you’re telling me that you and I … we were like long lost best friends?” Vaughn stared.

“Yes”

“Bullshit”

*~*

“That’s a silly fairy tale mommy” Ashley Anne Vaughn looked at her mother.

“Oh yeah?” Sydney kissed her little girls forehead. “Why don’t you ask daddy?”

“Daddy” Ashley ran to her father.

“Whatsup baby girl?” Vaughn picked her up.

“Tell mummy the fairytale is silly” Ashley pouted.

“But Princess, that fairytale is real, its about me and mommy”

“Were you mommys prince?” Ashley asked.

“Yeah…he was” Sydney nodded.

The End

I was kind of confused about this chapter because it seems that we missed like a few chapters or something because we're going from Sydney helping her mom with moving the pictures to her knowing what happened when she and MIchael were younger and suddenly he's there at home.
So I felt it was a bit weird but nonetheless, I liked the concept of the story.

Back