Season 4 "Inject Me!"

Well.....Would you have injected yourself?

• Yes, of course I would whatever the situation.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe if I was in Vaughn's situation.

• Not sure.

• No way dude!

• Total voters

jems

michael's widow in mourning
Well we all know Vaughn lost his dad when he was a kid and misses him and wants to find him etc BUT I was really suprised he injected himself with that syringe!! :shocked: I mean he must really badly want to find out what is going on. :blink: :blink: I was just wondering what everyone thought about this - like why is Vaughn so desperate to get the information about Nightgale and learn about his Dad..........it was very risky. I guess through my poll I am also trying to figure how many of you thought Vaughn was a little crazy to go through with it, and what you would do in the same situation.

Discuss :smiley:

I though it was a crazy thing to do. I guess I shouldn't judge because I haven't been in that position, but that's crazy! I don't know if I would jeopardize my health in order to find out about my evil father. Growing up in the DARE age, the whole concept of sticking myself with a needle from an unknown source is, dare I say it again, crazy!

i voted on maybe if i was in vaughn's situation.... but that dude had a point, if he wanted to kill vaughn, he would've done it before going through the trouble of hiding a needle in a book lol

I don't know... when it comes to family -- i'd go to hell and back if I had to... so injecting myself with a strange substance? -- I might... depends on the circumstances...

I seriously doubt it, but put not sure. I doubt I'll ever be in that situation! ;) Besides I am huge wuss girl....it is hard enough to have someone else stick a needle in me, but to stick it in myself.....and then not knowing......yikes! And wow, is this just a glimpse of things to come......I mean how far will Vaughn be willing to go to get the answers he needs. So far that he may do things causing him to lose Syd, or his own life?? :thinking:

he could have at least sent a text message to syd telling her where he was or something before he did it :lol:

^^That way, if the paralyzing drug hadn't worn off, she could come and get him. HAHAHA!! That thought makes me laugh. It would be an object lesson in not shooting up with strange syringes.

I don't think that I could ever stick a needle in my arm.

Weird, but totally unconnected, the same night Vaughn injects himself, Jack sticks a needle in himself to give Boone a blood transfusion.

Under normal circumstances...absolutely not. I'd never inject myself with a strange liquid *shudders*...ewwww.

But, if I was in Vaughn's position, then yeah I think I would. If the guy really wanted him dead, he would've shot him in the head...simple as that. I'd want to know what happened to my father too, and would go to extreme lengths to get answers.

I thought that it was an antidote of some sort, so that's why I would have done it....for fear if I didn't they would poison me. Also if he hadn't had done it he probably would have been killed, so in his situation he almost had no choice....he had to so that he would show there was some level of trust.

ok who voted for yes no matter what? :rotflmao: we sure have siome crazy people on the forum :lol:

Absolutely not. Vaughn is so obsessed about finding his father he's gone completely off the deep end. Of course, I'm not exactly Vaughn's biggest fan anyway. :P

No way!! I hate needles, anyway..

Vaughn has a disturbing tendency to be VERY single-minded when he wants something...he focuses so intently on one thing that he lets all the potential ramifications float by him. Same thing when he was on the Lauren-hunt last year.

It was seriously stupid. Obviously, they wanted something from him--why let them dictate all the terms? Vaughn should be a better negotiator. He should take some games theory lessons from Jack, perhaps? He's showing too much desperation and letting who-knows-who tell him when to jump and how high. -_-

I wouldn't have done it--not under those circumstances. Now, if lives were in danger and there was no other way . . . maybe.

^^Totally agree. Vaughn's becoming Crazy Vaughn again like he was at the end of S3. I liked Crazy Vaughn going after Lauren, but I'm not sure if I like Crazy Vaughn trying to find out stuff about his dad.

I don't know if I could do it...but if I were Vaughn....dunno.

I just kept thinking back to the last part of Season One when Sydney was trying to find out about Irina... Would she have done it to further her goal of finding out about Irina? I believe the answer to that is yes. Having Vaughn show the same level of desperation that Sydney once felt when she needed to know what happened to her mother was interesting.

Was it dangerous and stupid for Vaughn to inject himself? Absolutely. Does it make him any more of a loose cannon or desperate than Sydney was in Season One? No. Personally, I love the parallels between Sydney's search for Irina and Vaughn's search for Bill.

Besides, we had to have something happen to validate Jack's comment of "how dangerous that search can be", now didn't we? :D

rocknvaughn said:
Would she have done it to further her goal of finding out about Irina? I believe the answer to that is yes.
[post="1294234"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Yeah, and she would have been stupid to have done so as well. ;)

Back