[Insert generic greeting, here]

Akuma

Cadet
Sorry, I'm incredibly tired right now, because I've been working on things, so I'll just cheat and paste what I have on Chijin:

I started working on Chijin on the 1st of November, this year, and it went from a small project on Webs, to a serious stab at site hosting and general management. Starting off on Webs was good and helped me learn a lot of things, as well as polishing off the things I already knew.

Tinking with Chijin's old layout certainly was a pain in the ass, but I did learn a bit of CSS (Cascading Style Sheet) in the process, something I've never really bothered to use, except a bit, using a GUI. I definitely brushed up on my knowledge of embedding flash objects and scripts into web pages, and roughly brushed over HTML, again. I used to work with HTML a fair bit, especially in college, some time ago, but now I tend to use GUIs, as they are quicker and I find them easier, since everything is very much laid out, as-is. I was able to delve into standard forum management and overall site administration, as well as understanding administrative duties, such as member safety and moderation.

For years, I used to work on websites at home, offline, as a hobby. I had many projects; I created a small and very simple site that aimed to teach you various aspects of HTML, which originally started as a college project and grew to be a personal project. I also developed a few personal sites that had several things from music and videos, to my poems and pictures. The last home project I worked on, was PKHome, and I still have all the files, but don't work with it, anymore.

My interest in HTML and web development started from secondary school, when I was asked to help out with the official school website, so I did, not having a clue what I was getting myself into. It turned out I had quite a knack for it all, and the IT head guy seemed to notice, so he gave me a few more tasks. I did that for a little while, but things in my school/home life started to go downhill, as did my chance to pursue my new interest, however, my general interest never really died, but was more kept on hold.

Eventually, I had a decent enough computer, decent enough software, and I think I started on the Windows 98 operating system, which all helped me get into web development, all on my own. At first it was a bit rough around the edges, but as time went on, I started to pick more and more things up. I started viewing the source of other web pages, taking them home, and analysing them; I learnt from them. So, with my knowledge on HTML starting to grow a little, my knowledge on web development via a guided user interface, grew even more.

My time finally came to start college, and this is where my interest in web development was able to spread. I was taught even more HTML, as well as general web layout, advertising and various other aspects. I was always ahead of the class, and the tutor was impressed; It seemed I knew more than even she did. Unfortunately, my personal life once again got in the way, and I left college, but the interest once again did not spoil.

From college, until this very day, I have maintained my interest in web development and I pursue bigger things, the more the years go by.

Back