Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

• Wtf?

• Total voters

Rrr3311z

Scout
- Failing to sleep or meet the inadequate amount of time needed to fulfill true torpidity -

I wake up from literaly, a pin dropping.

If you walk past my room, or around in the hallway, even very slightly...
I wake up completely.

Does anyone else have this problem? :(

As long as I can remember I always had trouble falling asleep.

I remember being 7 or 8, lying in my mom's bed sometime after midnight, counting the seconds in the minute to see if I could do it exactly. For nights upon nights, starting as far back as I can remember, I would just lie there in the dark, thinking thinking thinking, my mind just wouldn't stop long enough for me to relax and sleep.

For years I have never been able to have a normal sleep schedule, for a few nights perhaps I will sleep at what are considered normal hours, but then I go for a week or two with the time I sleep ranging all over the place.

I happen to be in one of those unsleepable periods right now, I told my boyfriend before he went home, that I was probably going to sleep "in a couple of hours".. That was at 10 last night, and it's almost 8 am now.

It is pretty hard on me, when I do sleep, I sleep for hours and hours, but most of the time I'm completely bored wishing I was tired enough to sleep.

The good thing about working on HJ is that I can set my own hours, and I don't have to try to keep my schedule straight. Normally it causes me a lot of stress at work and at home, to try to sleep when I'm home and to try to stay awake when I'm working.

I don't have so much trouble staying asleep, I'm really good at going back to sleep once I've gotten there, although I do wake up every few hours. When I wake up, it's either because I'm thirsty, I have to go to the bathroom, or I had some weird dream and I had to get out of it for a minute to collect myself. Usually it's the dreams though. And then of course I forget most of them.

It's odd how everything works.

It's 5:13am right now, I'm tired as all hell.. But I can't even relax.

I have so much on my mind, I can't stand it.

Have you ever heard of a dream diary?
I don't have one, but I do remember most of my dreams since I can remember.

Oddly, I also have a weird memory savepoint.
I was 8, and I pinpointed a tree outside my hometown, I stated that it would be the base of my memories, and if I ever forgot anything... I would just think back to that one tree.

Silly, I know... But it does work a whole lot.

That's how I keep my "Dream Diary" without forgetting a single thing.

And I don't only remember 1 dream per night, I have a normality of about 4-5. :(

Originally posted by killarai@Apr 18 2006, 12:18 PM

Oddly, I also have a weird memory savepoint.
I was 8, and I pinpointed a tree outside my hometown, I stated that it would be the base of my memories, and if I ever forgot anything... I would just think back to that one tree.
That is crazy, but it's one of the most awesome things I've heard of in a long time.

Alright, so.. I just woke up from a 2-3 hour nap, ofcourse it's not going to be long.

I hear faint people in the backround, maybe I have some sort of, "Spidey Sense", they were about 10 seconds from entering my room.

I all of a sudden, pop up and jump straight on the computer like nothing happened.

Good thing I woke up before someone came in, I was in a slightly embarrassing position. :lol:

In the summer I think of sleep as an un-necessary essential. Kinda an oxy-moron, but I hate to sleep in the summer, or any other vacation for that matter. I want to enjoy as much of it as possible :smiley:

Back