Instruments

oh i do. I practice and guess what. I'm gonna go get the pic!!!!! hehehe yay *happy dance* like i'm gonna go like now... yay! is it hard going from flute to piccolo?????? cause i dont' want to seem like an idiot not knowing how to play...
--Mandy :angelic:

well uhhhh i got the piccolo :D :clap: :groupwave: but..... when i play the lower octive it sounds funny.... kinda like..... i dunno but it sounds so much different than the higher octive... is it suppose to be like that????

Congratulations on getting your piccolo!!
I play flute too and I love it. As you can see(points at sig), I'm a member of the band at my school. I get to do marching band next year. Yay!!

mystery_chick said:
well uhhhh i got the piccolo :D :clap: :groupwave: but..... when i play the lower octive it sounds funny.... kinda like..... i dunno but it sounds so much different than the higher octive... is it suppose to be like that????
lol!yes...its okay!!! and if you play with alot of flutes like for marching band or something other than that..the octaves are different, the picc's lower octave is the same as the middle octave on the flute. its hilarous...for marching band this year the flutes have a high A and i have to play it on the picc so when we get close i tell all the flutes around me..Clearing Zone watch out...LOL! and afterwards everyone is like OUCH! ^_^ :lol: ITS GREAT! ;)

Yeah, I know the high, screeching sound feeling. The person who sits next to me in concert band played the piccolo in one song, and she'd start playing the high octave, and I nearly grabbed her piccolo and threw it across the room. :D
Sounds entertaining though. I can only annoy people with the high C on my :rolleyes: flute.

MO AND VICKI ARE GONNA BE FAMOUS!!!!! BOTH OF YOU!!!! i play the piano. i started when i was 7 then quit and then in 7th grade i started agian and learned really fast and then when i moved i didn't have time to take lessons so i just fidured everything out myself i mean i knew the basics. i really bad at a lot of flats and sharps though. thats my bad thing. but i just try to do vball water polo and home work and i can barley get past. im not in skewl right noe though so i want my mom to get me started in plays and stuff in the community cuz im very crazy. i think i would make a good actress. i mean i don't want to be famous cuz i know i will never be although i would want to but i can really get into being another person and like push my real life aside. i love that. and i am really out going ands crazy and fun i think. i have LOTS of energy and i love being funny. althoug i want to be in an action play or something i thinki would be best at comdeies. but ya i don't think i want to play anyother instruments cuz i love the piano SOOO much. i thinki would like to learn a little of the guitar but i love the piano so much it amazes me and i just love it.

VICKI AND MO ARE GONNA BE FAMOUS ONE DAY!!!!!!! DON'T FORGET THE LITTLE PEOPLE LIKE ME!!!!! and mo is right vicki has one of those personalities!!!

lauren vartan :surf:

Victoria King said:
mystery_chick said:
lol!yes...its okay!!! and if you play with alot of flutes like for marching band or something other than that..the octaves are different, the picc's lower octave is the same as the middle octave on the flute. its hilarous...for marching band this year the flutes have a high A and i have to play it on the picc so when we get close i tell all the flutes around me..Clearing Zone watch out...LOL! and afterwards everyone is like OUCH! ^_^ :lol: ITS GREAT! ;)
:lol: ya my mom's not a big fan either :lol: but the thing is that i think the high octave sounds right but the lower one sounds kinda.... hollow-y like when i play it I can hear the air being blown into it, it that normal or is it just me? other than that i can hit everything up till a high A and then I go *plop* :o_O: there's a high noise but it's not a pitch... gotta work on that. and now looking back hitting a high C on the flute is so easy.... ;)

14yearoldaliasluver said:
but ya i don't think i want to play anyother instruments cuz i love the piano SOOO much.
hmmmm... I'd say u would change your mind eventually. I took keyboard lesson back when i was a little toddler :lol: :rolleyes: but then i started school and i quit but I've always wanted to keep going and now playing flute it's so much fun! though i still diddle on my keyboard :lol: ^_^

i wish i could have my own band with just me playing ALL the instruments that would be sooo kewl. i think i might one day try the guiatar my dad plays a little bit he might be able to teach me some cords and stuff.

lauren vartan

mystery_chick said:
Victoria King said:
mystery_chick said:
:lol: ya my mom's not a big fan either :lol: but the thing is that i think the high octave sounds right but the lower one sounds kinda.... hollow-y like when i play it I can hear the air being blown into it, it that normal or is it just me? other than that i can hit everything up till a high A and then I go *plop* :o_O: there's a high noise but it's not a pitch... gotta work on that. and now looking back hitting a high C on the flute is so easy.... ;)
your tone will get better as you play! and yeah the low notes are realy really hard to get a solid tone out of! and which A are you talking about?! the one below the High C on flute(not the out of limits high C that is breathtakingly painful but the average easy one! ;) ) or is it above it and sky high?!

and thats great you can play it! my one friend bought one and couldnt play it that well at all! i felt terrible for her but it was real easy for me, i love it! my friend says i have the best tone out of our flute section..well on picc! ;)

and just keep with it! trust me!!!! ;) :D

and lauren! you guys are toooo sweet on here! thanks guys! ;) :D

the A above sky high. the one that you have to use a different fingering for. and I can kinda force out the B if i play up the scale and when i get to the B i kinda blow twice caues the first time my lips goes like when u blow a rasberry and then the second time it's usually better ;) I'm starting to get solid tones on some notes above the high C not the breath takingly difficult one :lol: but the lower one. I'm gonna keep with it. i don't give up on these things and i'm pretty sure i'll improve. after all i've only been at this for 2 days right? ;)

exactly!!! i mean when i picked up the picc i wasnt playing sky high Bs off the bat!!(and still sometimes they even come out alittle breathy...mostly sharp!LOL!) ^_^ ;)

Victoria King said:
Sarah said:
I remember writing this before... maybe it was on another site. Oh well. I can play the piano, even though I don't take lessons anymore, and I've been playing flute since grade 6. Flute is definitely the best instrument ever, in my opinion.
i agree...... well mostly because thats what i play!!! ;) ^_^ :D

and mo!! you are terrific! thats all i have to say!! and when i do become famous(that would be cool but i highly doubt it!) i will say..its all because of mo aka sydb jeng on allalias!!! ;) ^_^ :D
I'm gonna have to listen to the Oscars closely every year now!! "And finally...the moment you've all been waiting for...This year's Best Actress goes to.........VICTORIA KING!! *thunderous applause*" Then that's your cue to thank me for umm...well...uhh...being psychic and predicting your future :lol: I'll be listening Vikki! ^_^ ;)

:eek:scar: -> :blondewig: :D

Back