Instruments

That's pretty cool Jen :smiley: *does a happy dance* I can play Maroon 5's This Love on everything that they use for the song, except guitar, I haven't looked at that yet :lol:

Marlene said:
haha...it's funny we're playing we will rock you in band...the flute section is so funny...I'm like I shouldn't be playing. :/ this is so not rock. the drums have a great part. :D
That's how I feel when we play half the stuff in pep band. Some of it just should not be played by a pep band. :lol:

Wow, I haven't been in this thread in a while. Nor have I played my flute in a month. :confused: I might want to start practicing again... The chances are good that I will be principal flute in the fall, and i don't want to be horrible-sounding.

pep-band rock music always sounded strange. We've played Fun Fun Fun, Scooby-Doo,Wooly Booly, Super Bosa Nova(Austin Powers Song), though the high school bands play American Woman and songs like that.

We play a lot of popular music... like that Rob Thomas/Santana song, Smooth. :lol: And Sheryl Crow's Soak Up the Sun. My favorite is Blister in the Sun, that Violent Femmes song (it was on an ep of Alias too). Oh, and uh, Sell Out by Reel Big Fish. :lol:

It's cool stuff, and it's fun. But it's so... weird. :confused:

Yeah, at one point, we all start jumping up and down. While we're playing. :lol:

Lets see, what else... Elvira, by the Oak Ridge Boys. My friend's favorite song, 'cause we sing part of it while the trombones and euphoniums play. Hey Baby... the song from Dirty Dancing. We sing during that one too. Much fun. Come On Feel the Noize, by Quiet Riot. I love that song. :sigh:

Unfortunately, we don't get a lot of air time when we play televised games. Mostly we play during commercial breaks. But some channels, like Fox, I think, like to show us a lot. But man... the pep band cheers louder than the cheerleaders. :rolleyes:

I dunno. Do you count flute and piccolo as 2 separate instruments, even though the fingering is the same? 'Cause in that case, I can also play the alto and bass flutes. I can play the recorder too... but my mom hates it.

Been playing flute for 12 years, piccolo for 8.

Oh, this year we get to chant! We do "Hooked on a Feeling" and we say Ooga Chaka. I'm not even kidding. That's cool you get to be on TV. We're always on the local channel... :blush: Aight, so I'm stretching... We can play the Fox sports theme! It's fun.

i play the cello, piano, and i sing...

im also a choreographable dancer...just dont give me french commands...to me they sound like you take your finger, and rub it up and down on your lips

does anyone hear love liszt?

okay, so i've been playing piano since I was in 2nd grade and then i played the french horn in middle school but i didn't really like it so i quit before i went to high school.

Back