Instruments

I'm debating over whether I should get a guitar or not...

Since I already know how to play the piano...it would easier for me learn guitar...

But if I decide to get one...I might risk my chance at getting an iPod...

:Ponder:

I used to play the flute in junior high (during 4 years). I'm sure I could remember some pieces, but not much. I don't even remember how to make a C, nor a D, well all the notes.

I wish I knew playing guitar and the piano. -_-

Existentialist said:
I dunno. Do you count flute and piccolo as 2 separate instruments, even though the fingering is the same? 'Cause in that case, I can also play the alto and bass flutes. I can play the recorder too... but my mom hates it.

Been playing flute for 12 years, piccolo for 8.
:lol: Leah the pro :P Flute for 4, picc for 1 sadly ;)
--Mandy :angelic:

vaughnsmyguy said:
guitars are quite easy to learn to play... not just if you play the piano. just learn a few chords and you can play like, loads of songs.
Actually to play the guitar well takes years of practice and knowing more than a few chords (try playing Under The Bridges chordal parts by only knowing a few chords)

I hate to blow my own trumpet but I consider myself a good guitarist but have only begun to think that during the past 2 months and I've been playing for 8 years... and whilst playing the Piano will help on a notation reading level it won't help much more than that (and most guitar music is written it tab form anyway)

coldplay_fans said:
Is it really possible that you can learn guitar on your own as ppl say? :cool:
Not on your own per se...

If you buy books or download information however and you teach yourself from it that is what they mean by self taught... effectively just not having a teacher there to correct you as work through the book.

I play the piano for about 6 or 7 years and quit for 4 years and now I am back and I suck. I am taking it at school and it takes me forever to learn a song (it used to take me about an hour to learn a sheet of music, now it takes me about a week). I played the drums for 2 years and I was gonna take it instead of piano but my class already has like 5 drummers, way to many. When I was 6 I played the violin till I was 9. This year I tried to play it, and it shrunk, well I grew and it just looks smaller, but I can still play twinkle twinkle :D.

Cello, Double Bass, Piano, Guitar (a little bit.. i'm kinda teaching myself) and Viola :smiley:

EDIT: and i also have singing lessons :smiley:

You've really gotta be more specific with this question... i said 4, because i play the flute, picc, bassoon and piano. But those are my main instruments. I can actually play flute, picc, alto-tenor sax, sop-descant-treble-tenor recorders, clarinet, and i can get a few notes on the french horn. Then i have over 30 instruments in this house between me and my sister.
See, i never ever play most of those (because i chose not to, usually) but only cus i chose not to. But then i only choose to play four instruments.
hehe.

I have played the cello for about 1.5 years then I quit. I have played the flute for about 2 years then i quit. Then in 7th grade I started up on the trumpet. I have been playing for about 1.5 years. I am a freshman, and the section leader!!! (no, my band doesnt suck, im just good :P )

Back