Interesting names for towns/cities/etc.

jess

Zzzzz
Do you live or have you been to a town/suburb/city with a unique name? Do you live in a state with weird names for suburbs? If you do, share with everyone.

Here's my contribution. While I've never actually been to this part of Sydney (Aus), it does have an interesting name.

Woolloomooloo

Seriously, that's the name of a suburb. Can you say it? :D Bit of a tongue twister

well i've heard of a Hell, Michigan(i'm not sure if that's an actual town or not,so i've heard type of city)

Around here we just have all them funky Indian named cities

Frogboy_Lives said:
Aubury-Wodonga
Tidbinbilla

(basically three-quarters of Australia has funny names)
I know. But Woolloomooloo is my favourite for some reason ^_^

So, there's a Hell? That's scary actually :lol:

hahah Woolloomooloo :lol:

I forgot which...but this city or something had a name that was 30 or so letters long....damn...i wish i still had that book so i could post the name here -_-

i have also heard of hell... my friend who lives in michigan near there went to hell to send me a postcard so she could send it from hell :lol:

'round here there is Klenexville... which is a town with a population of about 5 lol ... i thought it was funny because of the klenex bit, haha

Isn't there a town (or is a landmark?) out in Colorado called Crested Butte?

Hehe, my friend got a shirt from there ... that's how I heard of it.

Also, on my way back and forth down to school in Bloomington, there was an exit for a town called Kickapoo. Hee.

Alias_Girl_624 said:
i have also heard of hell... my friend who lives in michigan near there went to hell to send me a postcard so she could send it from hell :lol:

'round here there is Klenexville... which is a town with a population of about 5 lol ... i thought it was funny because of the klenex bit, haha
hell michigan is just like a small town. but it's cool. i live like an hour or so away from there.

gay, michigan
christmas, michigan
paradise, michigan
florida, michigan

gay, christmas, paradise, and florida are all in the upper peninsula, lol, paradise and florida get like 5 feet of snow each year. oh the irony.

OasisSparrow said:
gay, michigan
christmas, michigan
paradise, michigan
florida, michigan
Who was in charge of naming the towns in Michigan? :blink: And what were they on when they were thinking of names? :blink: :lol:

There used to be a Lost, Indiana, but there was a sign that said "Lost" and had an arrow pointing, and everyone got all confused. So now the town is called Lost Farm. :lol:

Back