Internet Friends

Aliasfan13 said:
I don't think my dad knows, he'd freak out.
[post="1009955"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Hehe..yeah be like Hello daddy, I go online every day and talk to strangers about Love triangles.

Aliasfan13 said:
My parents are kind of clueless. They kind of have the idea that I have internet friends, but they don't really look into it. My sister on the other hand....She'll practically spy on me! She'll go into my AIM account and see who I have on my buddy list. When she sees 'Aliasbabe' or 'Aliasmaniac', she knows I met them online. Sometimes I lie and say they go to my school, but unfornately, I'm a bad liar. I minimize the windows all the time, so of course they get suspicious, but what should I do? So I told her that they are webdesigners. I say that I ask them how to do stuff, and that's why I IM them. That's partially true, because most of them are webdesigners. She seemed okay with that, but not really. But yeah, I get the usual "they could be Osama Bin Laden" thing, but would a terrorist really waste his time posting 1000000 posts on a message board? I dont think so.
[post="1009920"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Hahahhahaha! Why would Osama be posting on an Alias board?? That just cracked me up! :lol:

& hey, I minimize windows all the time, or have 'safe' windows like cnn.com or tv.yahoo.com, & when my parents come into the room, I switch over to those pages.

See this is my theory on this whole thing:
There are basically 2 kinds of ppl
first there are the ppl like us- who see no problem with internet friends, have internet friends, and post on message boards
then there are those who think message boards are the end of society as we know it and belive that everone is an axe murder or a pervert which clearly isnt true

whatever :P :rolleyes: just thought i'd share :lol:

The other two kinds of people:

Those who love Alias, and those who don't. (And I ain't even gonna begin on the latter. :( )

Jai

:lol: true this is the only place that i can actually talk about Alias without feeling like a freak unless u watch it u dont understands the obessive nature of the show, when i first started watching it i would make my sister watch one more episode and one more and before u know it its 2 in the morning!!

aliascazUK said:
:lol: true this is the only place that i can actually talk about Alias without feeling like a freak unless u watch it u dont understands the obessive nature of the show, when i first started watching it i would make my sister watch one more episode and one more and before u know it its 2 in the morning!!
[post="1010810"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yeah I know. My roommate watches alias. Even he looks at me with this look of concern/pitty when I start blabbering about alias.

Xin Li

Oh dear. Got the usual "50-year-old rapist" thing today. I was telling my friend about my best friend in New Hampshire (who I happened to meet online) and she's like "You have a lot of friends who live far away." and so I told her I met them online. She said, "That's bad. They could be terrorists." Uhhh....yeah...whatever? I mean, I know they're real, I hear them talk and see them dance every other week (through the amazing technology) :lol:

Aliasfan13 said:
Oh dear. Got the usual "50-year-old rapist" thing today. I was telling my friend about my best friend in New Hampshire (who I happened to meet online) and she's like "You have a lot of friends who live far away." and so I told her I met them online. She said, "That's bad. They could be terrorists." Uhhh....yeah...whatever? I mean, I know they're real, I hear them talk and see them dance every other week (through the amazing technology) :lol:
[post="1011124"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

You can't be sure. It could be some Marshall type person on the other end fooling you with a green screen :smiley: You better get them to send you a severed finger or something for proof.

hahahahaha!!! "Miss, I need your fingerprint to verify that you are really a human being." :lol: Luckily, my friends aren't exactly Einstein. NOT saying they're stupid.

I think my fiance was a bit :ermm: when I first mentioned something about Jems and Eva to him, but now he is down with it. He even asks how they are when I say I've been talking to them! :lol:

hmm.. well, some of my friends don't care when a lot of them are the whole '50-year-old rapist' thing as well. my mom would freak. my dad has freaked. now i'm sneaking. he says i'm not old enough to be on a forum. :confused: what i try to do is not to let out too much information and try to be cautious. and once i've talked to them enough i end up finding out that they're not some 50-year-old. but you never know. so be safe neway. but still, the peeps i've gotten close to aa are real, for sure. but still, this one girl in my class, avalon is so convinced about the 50-year-old thing. then i tell her to bug off because i know what i'm doing. but i've met two people in real life from here on aa. funny thing is, if i get in, i'll be going to the same hs as them.

aliascazUK said:
I was just wondering if any other AA members get weird looks from their friends and family when they mention that they have friends online?

My sister gave me the strangest look when i tell her things about Joyie (Yes you are famous in my house hun), but usually its things like "...and then i said this and joyie said that and oh you really had to be there.." She doesnt get it at all and is totally convinced that Joyie is a 40 year old man, (which is not strictly untrue, but i digress) :rolleyes:

My parents just smile and say thats nice dear and when i told a friend at work that i was part of a forum she went "me too!! except this guy i talks to keeps trying to convince my boyfriend and i to come around for a threesome". At this point i go "NO NO thats NOT the kind of forum im a member of" (then runs swiftly off in the other direction).  :confused:

So induldge an ill, and extremly bored AA member and tell me any funny story's you have  :D
[post="1009461"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

my dad says stuff like "they're probably 50 year old men" and what not, but i lurve my online friends. i can tell them more things about myself than regular friends or they know something before my regular friends, but i don't get too many weird looks or get treated weirdly cos i still spend lots of time with my regular friends.

yeah some people don't understand, but those that do completely get it its this other world we get to go into where we can forget about whats bothering or b**** about it to other people

Back